Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Would this modified PSU from GEEEK fit? They state the length to be 170mm. I don't know if that's with or without the cables plugged in.

https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

170 mm does not include the cables. This one will not fit, but a unit that has the breakout board with modular cables pointing up may fit. You may be able to find a compatible one on Taobao.

Clarification: maximum PSU clearance is 175 mm in the Velka M regardless of how much the case is extended.

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Alright, thanks for the reply!

Also, if you're willing to sacrifice PSU modularity, you can bundle the Velka M together with the FSP Group 500W Gold PSU via the order form. That combo costs $179.95.

If you're in the United States or Canada, you basically save $30 because the PSU costs $110 by itself. If you are in a different country, then you're getting a PSU that you may not be able to buy from a retailer.

Reactions: Weredawg

SocketKing

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/561357608386/

I found this. The most expensive model is a new, 500 watt Gold PSU. I wish this one were a bit easier to get a hold of, since I am very leery of dropping +150 for a PSU with no easy way to refund if it's a dud.

With things such as PSU that can potentially cause hazards or damage to other components I would rather trust a brand with some reputation like FSP or Seasonic than a random so called "80gold" overseas listing like that. What if its not a dud but 6 months later something happens. For PSU I think dependability is more important than nice features. Seasonic makes a suitable modular 300W one called SSP-300SUG. Other than that imo modularity isn't worth getting a less reputable product.

SocketKing

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
Ok, so I've got the case and added some basic components. The front screws I replaced with brass knobs. I'm considering getting a set of ~70%(open) perforated sheet for the side panels , pricey but imo worth it. The common open area is 40% but 60-70 can be found, small sacrifice 10% vs mesh for maybe double the rigidity. :)

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Ok, so I've got the case and added some basic components. The front screws I replaced with brass knobs. I'm considering getting a set of ~70%(open) perforated sheet for the side panels , pricey but imo worth it. The common open area is 40% but 60-70 can be found, small sacrifice 10% vs mesh for maybe double the rigidity. :)

Sounds like an interesting venture. If you need any measurements for making custom panels, please feel free to ask.

Reactions: SocketKing

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Update: Cases may now be ordered with 400W or 500W FSP Group Flex ATX power supplies modded with quiet Noctua fans. These PSUs are practically inaudible.

At time of writing, these will cost $65.00 and $80.00 respectively if bought together with a case. If bought separately, these cost $129.95 and $149.95, respectively. Retail prices are $90 and $110 respectively with the standard louder fans.

The shipping fee for power supplies is $7.50 for delivery to the United States and $15.00 to all other countries. If bought together with a case, shipping costs will add e.g. $22.50 to the United States and $45.00 to all other countries.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Shielded risers are now available for $40 with free shipping worldwide. Made by LiHeat.

Reactions: Damascus

XnovaFR

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Hello,

Can we ask for some modding of the original layout? For example, I would like to put a 120x25 front of my GPU, is that possible?

Thank you!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

Can we ask for some modding of the original layout? For example, I would like to put a 120x25 front of my GPU, is that possible?

Thank you!

Yes, but that would require a separate custom case to be made. It would cost about 350+ USD.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
May I ask why you would want to put a fan in front of the graphics card? This would only increase noise output and increase case size.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hello !
To replace my GPU fan by a 120x25mm !

Still interested in a complete package (riser/psu/case) :)

Ok, that makes sense.

The order form linked in the top post shows what is available. Please note that it can take an extra week to ship the power supply.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I can't give away too many details about this yet, but there is a CPU cooler in the works as well. The current prototype is 2 mm shorter than the Noctua NH-L9i/a and looks to be able to handle a higher thermal load.

Reactions: Aoq1 and Alur