Cooling Using BeQuiet! SilentLoop pump/block for a custom loop?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Hey all,

I'm just curious if anyone has experience with the BeQuiet! SilentLoop series of AIO's and most notably the pump/block combo on it.

Planning a loop for my new system and not sure on the quality of the unit compared to a DDC.

I have an Apogee drive 2, but it uses the old super loud DDC so it's not ideal from a noise perspective unless I swap it out - which costs about the same as the BeQuiet unit, rad, fans and all so I don't think this is worth it.

Thoughts or experience with these?

Cheers,

Tazpr

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Are you planning on cooling a GPU in this loop or just the CPU? Also what size Radiator?
So at first the loop will be CPU only, because it's a custom case I will just need to do final measurements when I receive the case if a slim rad+fan will fit in the bottom, which I am confident it will, but need to double check.

The main radiator is a 120mm radiator.

I have done some extra digging and it looks like the SilentLoop uses an Alphacool DC-LT pump with a nickel plated copper cooling plate which is a good start, although how it compares to an Apogee Drive II with a DDC MX pump is unknown.

fergunat000

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
(Test Fit image) this is an image of the recent loop that i downsized, but it doesn't have the processor or ram installed.
So you should be more than fine with the Alphacool DC-LT for a CPU loop, I used one in a test loop (for a future build that may use a gpu too, very slow progress). With this triple 50mm radiator I can get my i5 4690k to 60 C at stock. The biggest thing is getting the air bubbles out so it runs quite.

Last edited:

fergunat000

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
I have done some extra digging and it looks like the SilentLoop uses an Alphacool DC-LT pump with a nickel plated copper cooling plate which is a good start, although how it compares to an Apogee Drive II with a DDC MX pump is unknown.
DC-LT 3600 is the more powerful pump (look at the pressure head) that might be able to run a GPU in your loop.

DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise is probably what is being used in the Silent loop block (also the one used in my Alphacool Eisbaer LT (Solo)) and I question its capability to have enough pressure head to more through a GPU block along with a CPU loop.

Apogee Drive 2 has about twice the pressure head of the 3600.

The pressure head is the biggest indicator of how many components you can have in a loop each cooling block, rad., and even bend with have a pressure drop associated with it.

Jays2cents did a video using a DC-lt in a Silent loop block, he was trying to push water through a CPU, GPU, a 2 - 240mm radiators. The pump wasn't able to perform cause the 2 - 240 rads were too much.

Edit: added quote

Last edited: