Upgrading my Silverstone SG05 (looking for advice)

Badlogic

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Nov 7, 2018
Hey guys, I read this forum for some time, but it's my first post.

I've made my first mini ITX build 5 years ago, with my favorite case Silverstone SG05 ( SFF case 10.8L).

My current build core components is i5-4570, GTX 1060 , 8gb ram, Corsair SFX 600W PSU, and my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU hard and I decided that it's time to update it.

I managed to sell my mITX motherboard ( MSI Z87i) for a good price so I am in position to change motherboard as well, I've been reading a lot about Ryzen and when I started mini ITX, AMD was not even an option (there were no AMD mini ITX boards back to 2013), so I have some doubts that I hope you guys can help me.

I'm planning to upgrade my rig to Ryzen 2700 , 16gb 3200 mhz RAM and ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX, my concerns is if you think the temperatures will be as good as they are with intel? Also I read that to have RAM clocking at 3200 mhz, it needs to be OC, do you think this will be warm for SFF small cases or I shouldn't hurry too much about it?

Overall you recommend this upgrade?

Thanks a lot,
Badlogic

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Hi Badlogic,

You should not have any troubles with heat with those components :) Ryzen 2700 runs fairly cool. Ram should be fine too, if you buy a 3200mhz kit then it should have a XMP profile you can apply in the bios to get it set up correctly.