Stalled [Update: 22-02-2021 - V1.1 Revised internals] LytCase Rogue: 8.9L Sandwich style case with 240mm AIO support.

Keep sub 9L volume or exceed 9L for better overall compatibility?

• Keep sub 9L with 2lot configuration and better cpu block clearance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep aub 9L with 2.5slot and limited cpu block clearance

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Exceed 9L only to the point where a 3 slot card can fit

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Go full-on - 3slot, standard fans, cpu block clearance etc.

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Hey All,
Updated the OP with pics of the new sample with 2.5slot and rearranged internals.
Looks absolutely sensational Lytnin, really nice finish too! I think giving that 2.5 slot support is going to be a major advantage for taller fittings or cards like EVGA's XC3 models.

What are your next steps from here? Are you at a point where you have a case you're happy with and may look towards funding?

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
Looks absolutely sensational Lytnin, really nice finish too! I think giving that 2.5 slot support is going to be a major advantage for taller fittings or cards like EVGA's XC3 models.

What are your next steps from here? Are you at a point where you have a case you're happy with and may look towards funding?
Just need to figure out the quality control with them (just to make sure the pins align correctly, and paint finish is done right)

But im pretty much done... One thing im starting to consider is to remove the 2.5inch drive support completely, as it fits, but makes your life harder in regards to psu cable routing and mounting the psu bracket. So i'd like all you guys' input on that...

Once i finalize the costing with them now, ill be ready to start looking for funding.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Just need to figure out the quality control with them (just to make sure the pins align correctly, and paint finish is done right)

But im pretty much done... One thing im starting to consider is to remove the 2.5inch drive support completely, as it fits, but makes your life harder in regards to psu cable routing and mounting the psu bracket. So i'd like all you guys' input on that...

Once i finalize the costing with them now, ill be ready to start looking for funding.

in my opinion it’s nice to have a place to mount a 2.5 inch drive. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from being on this forum for a few years and seeing peoples build tho, is that people will find a place to put the drive on their own if they really need it.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to update you all... Unfortunately the project has faced a lot of issues in terms of logistics. So will have to rethink the whole process. I appreciate all your support with me so far.
Sorry to hear that Lyt, appreciate the update and hopefully we still get a chance to support this project into fruition.