• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Supercluster

Average Stuffer
Feb 24, 2016
Wandering whether to suggest it for a few days, and as @For_Science made a comprehensive analysis of the cooling segment:

Increasing the radiator thickness support for 1 mm to 24 mm could add a good, all copper(!), very compact radiator, readily available from multiple sellers on Aliexpress, to the compatibility list. It is also available in multiple sizes and colors , and from different brands.

Maybe you'd consider it for potential, high grade, custom loops, perhaps with the upcoming pump-rez-block combo.

Understandably, you cannot take a millimeter if there is none to take.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Wandering whether to suggest it for a few days, and as @For_Science made a comprehensive analysis of the cooling segment:

Increasing the radiator thickness support for 1 mm to 24 mm could add a good, all copper(!), very compact radiator, readily available from multiple sellers on Aliexpress, to the compatibility list. It is also available in multiple sizes and colors , and from different brands.

Maybe you'd consider it for potential, high grade, custom loops, perhaps with the upcoming pump-rez-block combo.

Understandably, you cannot take a millimeter if there is none to take.

You may be able to squeeze in a 24 mm rad if you remove the AIO mounting rails (i.e the radiator would't be mounted) :thumb: Otherwise there are no spare mm's left XD

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
The slimmest rad i can find from a major manufacturer (excluding xspc's 20mm thick tx240) is EKWB coolstream se 240 at 26mm. Their spec sheet says 28mm but I believe that includes their inlet/outlet ports

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

Can you add support here?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Can you add support here?

It would be pretty hard to mount the GPU if there was additional support there. I can't see any sag when flipping the 92 mm prototype either (will snap a pic for you so that you can see :)), it feels stable.

Reactions: wolfatpno

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys,

I talked to the team yesterday and everybody was up to work on MJOLNIR as if the campaign had been successful :D So before we relaunch the campaign we aim to complete the following (as per the original timeline):
  • Tolerance optimization - February 2019
  • Prototype / testing / reviews - March 2019
  • Finalize supply chain / distribution - May 2019
This would let us start production straight after Kickstarter and not delay the original September 2019 shipments by too much, and also allocate some of the "time"-risk from you to us. I'll keep you guys updated as we complete each step :D

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

CaBrAcHo83

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 16, 2019
hi Alex

I am attentively this magnificent project, I am a big fan of the optimization of the objects in general !! And there we lay a box worthy of the name ...

look forward to seeing the pre-order open

See you soon

Axel

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
What do you think about securing more rigidity of the rail? A flat rail looks unstable.
A flat rail can be deformed when the force is concentrated on a specific area.

In addition to supporting the weight of the part, the rail must be protected from minor accidents during assembly or transportation.
Flat rails can be more vulnerable to impact than we can imagine.

It is not a question of thickness, but of what form it is.

Please take a look at this 'C' shape rails.

6:32

I know that unit prices will be expensive.
I also realized that a central support could not be adopted for larger AIOs.

Even if the final purchase price goes up, raising the stiffness of the rail itself is highly persuasive as long as it can not adopt the H type support.

There is room under the rail as much as the space for the current bolt head.
Is it possible?

If it is not possible, I think it is necessary to examine the whole height upward.

The thickness compatibility of aio can also be considered.

Alex said that adjusting just a few millimeters requires very high cost. I am worried about this.

It seems that the rail form is unified for the unit price of production.

But I hope you can consider it if possible.

Think about the cost of repairing damaged parts.

There may be a problem during production or inventory management.

Ghost s1 is a good example.

I want to hear other people's opinions.

BTW:

I suggested that I would like to install more fans and increase the height based on the ratio.

But now it is different from those reasons. Rigidity is the only consideration.

I am using Google Translator. I hope you guys understand if the words are strange.

I do not want to look aggressive. Sometimes when I go through the translator, it looks like that.

Last edited:

synchronos

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2019
Really interesting! I was daydreaming about building a well-designed compact gaming rig, but was really disappointed about the off-the-shelf mini-ITX chassis, which are really bulky, so it's nice that these are now being developed. Not all of us want to show off by owning a huge tower resembling an alien artifact out of some sci-fi series of the 1990s.

I have one question, though, and sorry if it has been answered earlier: Is it a wise choice to position the CPU radiator (of the liquid cooler) on the bottom? If the air intake is from the bottom, the CPU would heat it up before blowing through the whole chassis. Effectively, the efficiency of cooling all the components would suffer, although the CPU radiator efficiency would rise somewhat, as the air would be as cool as it is on the outside. For instance, I currently own a laptop which suffers from throttling because of some parts on the motherboard that are passively cooled and which get quite warm under a heavy load. Hence, I believe this is something to consider, even though laptops are in their own league when it comes to cooling issues.

Hopefully you'll find the better position out with the prototypes. I believe there's not any reason why the whole cooling package now at the bottom wouldn't also fit the very top of the chassis with moderate effort.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Really interesting! I was daydreaming about building a well-designed compact gaming rig, but was really disappointed about the off-the-shelf mini-ITX chassis, which are really bulky, so it's nice that these are now being developed. Not all of us want to show off by owning a huge tower resembling an alien artifact out of some sci-fi series of the 1990s.

When you use an AIO, the whole internals of the chassis can be inverted so that the radiator is placed on the top, exhausting the heat.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@AlexTzone

If the case is ready in September, is it ok to buy?

At the moment, I have no plan to buy any case now except your case I like, I guess I am willing to spend more. Just love your exterior design, interior design is ok because flip over thing is not necessary.

D1G1TAL1

What's an ITX?
Jan 29, 2019
Really love this case, it's what I've been looking for FOREVER.

@AlexTzone actually contacted you via your website, I guess you're busy, one question was about importation and I also have a few idea's for you, but otherwise this is amazing.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
hi Alex

I am attentively this magnificent project, I am a big fan of the optimization of the objects in general !! And there we lay a box worthy of the name ...

look forward to seeing the pre-order open

See you soon

Axel

Much appreciated friend, can't wait to launch the case! :D

What do you think about securing more rigidity of the rail? A flat rail looks unstable.
A flat rail can be deformed when the force is concentrated on a specific area.

In addition to supporting the weight of the part, the rail must be protected from minor accidents during assembly or transportation.
Flat rails can be more vulnerable to impact than we can imagine.

It is not a question of thickness, but of what form it is.

Please take a look at this 'C' shape rails.

6:32

I know that unit prices will be expensive.
I also realized that a central support could not be adopted for larger AIOs.

Even if the final purchase price goes up, raising the stiffness of the rail itself is highly persuasive as long as it can not adopt the H type support.

There is room under the rail as much as the space for the current bolt head.
Is it possible?

If it is not possible, I think it is necessary to examine the whole height upward.

The thickness compatibility of aio can also be considered.

Alex said that adjusting just a few millimeters requires very high cost. I am worried about this.

It seems that the rail form is unified for the unit price of production.

But I hope you can consider it if possible.

Think about the cost of repairing damaged parts.

There may be a problem during production or inventory management.

Ghost s1 is a good example.

I want to hear other people's opinions.

BTW:

I suggested that I would like to install more fans and increase the height based on the ratio.

But now it is different from those reasons. Rigidity is the only consideration.

I am using Google Translator. I hope you guys understand if the words are strange.

I do not want to look aggressive. Sometimes when I go through the translator, it looks like that.

Don't worry about sounding aggressive, you don't and I really appreciate all feedback and ideas that you have shared with me / us over the past year :) Regarding the sheet metal parts, we have ordered them now and will evaluate the rigidity upon arrival :thumb:

I have one question, though, and sorry if it has been answered earlier: Is it a wise choice to position the CPU radiator (of the liquid cooler) on the bottom? If the air intake is from the bottom, the CPU would heat it up before blowing through the whole chassis. Effectively, the efficiency of cooling all the components would suffer, although the CPU radiator efficiency would rise somewhat, as the air would be as cool as it is on the outside. For instance, I currently own a laptop which suffers from throttling because of some parts on the motherboard that are passively cooled and which get quite warm under a heavy load. Hence, I believe this is something to consider, even though laptops are in their own league when it comes to cooling issues.

Hopefully you'll find the better position out with the prototypes. I believe there's not any reason why the whole cooling package now at the bottom wouldn't also fit the very top of the chassis with moderate effort.

When you use an AIO, the whole internals of the chassis can be inverted so that the radiator is placed on the top, exhausting the heat.

@synchronos thanks a lot for the positive feedback friend, really happy that you appreciate MJOLNIR design :D

@For_Science thanks for being so quick and notifying him about that configuration, at this point you know the ins and outs of MJOLNIR to the same degree as me probably XD

@AlexTzone

If the case is ready in September, is it ok to buy?

At the moment, I have no plan to buy any case now except your case I like, I guess I am willing to spend more. Just love your exterior design, interior design is ok because flip over thing is not necessary.

Really happy to hear than Danny! The best opportunity is to buy when we relaunch the campaign again, by that time the case should be almost ready (we are working on it full time now as well, as if the campaign had been successful) :)

@AlexTzone, I'm jonesing for a new picture or two of the case. Got any? :)

Only of the old 92 mm prototype, but...;) The new one is coming, I'll be more than happy to share new pics of that one!

Really love this case, it's what I've been looking for FOREVER.

@AlexTzone actually contacted you via your website, I guess you're busy, one question was about importation and I also have a few idea's for you, but otherwise this is amazing.

So happy that you have found MJOLNIR, can't wait to relaunch the campaign / ship it to you!! :) Yeah we have worked on it day and night to stay ahead of schedule, I'll get back to your email next week friend :thumb:

Reactions: For_Science

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys, BIG NEWS!

Really sorry for the lack of updates in the past 3 weeks, we have been working day and night to stay ahead of schedule. Happy to announce that MJOLNIR is now tolerance optimized and production ready :D!! Pretty insane to think that this process took us about 6 months previously, while only 2 weeks this time.

Anyhow, we are going to produce 3 high-precision prototypes (equal to the final product in basically all regards). One will be for our own testing and 2 for YouTube reviews, haven't decided exactly which ones yet. 60% off all parts are ordered and expected by the end of February.

Best,
Alex

psurge

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 17, 2018
Looking good! May I ask if you've changed the ventilation hole diameter or arrangement to increase open area percentage on the panels?

Reactions: Sahaj