Prototyping Update! - MJOLNIR | A Truly Premium 9.7L Liquid Cooled Case | THOR ZONE

Which MJOLNIR I are you interested in?

• Standard Version - 299 USD

Votes: 257 73.4%
  • RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 35 10.0%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 58 16.6%

• Total voters

danny.nguyen

Caliper Novice
Sep 19, 2018
The anodizing is almost finished, 1-2 days more. Then its
  • 1 weeks of shipping
  • [...] time in customs
  • 2 weeks to ship out to Youtubers
  • 1 week for a review
  • 2 weeks til campaign
This is the current schedule
Thanks for the update @AlexTzone, my wife told me not to buy anything until the end of October :(

Is there a way I could hold a product from you?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys,

Here are a couple of pics from the annoshop! The parts are on their way now, FedEx estimates 2-3 days. So dang excited!

Can't wait to put it all together and snap some awesome pics for you. Then it's time to continue the path of MJOLNIR! ;)

Best,
Alex

AlexTzone

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It's just the back piece.
There's 3 front panels. The two lower ones look taller than the third one. But it might just be the angle of the picture playing tricks on me.
I'm a bit confused as to which panel we are talking about now lol. I'll post some pics of the assembled product on Tuesday, that should make it clear :)

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

For_Science

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 16, 2018
I'm a bit confused as to which panel we are talking about now lol. I'll post some pics of the assembled product on Tuesday, that should make it clear
There's 3 front panels. The two lower ones look taller than the third one. But it might just be the angle of the picture playing tricks on me.
I thought he was referring to the open back piece, but I think there's just some confusion with minor perspective distortion.

bobgr8

Efficiency Noob
Sep 9, 2019
So It's gong to be a while before I can actually get it? any ETA on the final delivery?

AlexTzone

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Guys any ideas on how to avoid metal-against-metal scratches when inserting/removing the internal core from the enclosure? My thoughts so far:
  • Thin layer of lacquer on the corners
  • Tape
These corners are a concern:

Any ideas are welcome! Really don't want to scratch the inside of that fine anodized shell (even if it's not going to be visible to the user).

A couple of pics form the assembly, more to come shortly :D

Last edited:

arch1t3cton

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 27, 2018
It looks amazing!!!

You could either redesign that piece to have round edges or you could try covering it in a thin soft coating or film and leave it as is.