Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. I understand I'm late to the party and damaged shipments 100% take priority over new orders but do we have a rough ETA on when new orders will be shipped out?

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :)
as I've got my densium 4 units very early and the riser cables weren't available at that time
I got both the Gen3 and Gen4 Riser and show them side by side in my latest video:

if you are interested in performance comparison I've done some testing back in the days aswell with other risers:

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Didn't know these don't come with the riser cable; ugh!

As there are two types of PCIe Generations out for the consumer its a great way to make it more customizable for the users needs and the Gen3 (that will work just fine) costs under 10$ and therefore are really cheap but still the best quality you can get. :) Its great to keep costs down and make individual customizability possible.

Last edited:

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
As there are two types of PCIe Generations out for the consumer its a great way to make it more customizable for the users needs and the Gen3
(that will work just fine) costs under 10$ and therefore are really cheap but still the best quality you can get. :) Its great to keep costs down and make individual customizability possible.
Check out the accessories tab on his shop: you'll find add-ons to complete your build. From cpu cooler to antennas to risers.

Reactions: sos and rfarmer

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
Thought I'd share some pictures of builds I'm working on with the 4 I ordered. I love the look of the cases so far.

For context, these machines are meant to be the compute portion of a storage cluster and will be connected to jbod enclosures. Because of that you'll see they don't have GPUs but HBAs instead.

The supermicro board installed into the case:

The backside:

The clearance between the fan, heatsink, and side panel. Some would call this meticulous planning, others would call it immense luck:

The exterior after closing up:

A picture of three almost completed builds:

And finally, a funny side by side between one Densium 4 and my Caselabs SMA8:
This is awesome to see! I also ordered 3 cases, though two black and one white. I will also be setting one up as a server. On top of that, I'll also be using an LSI HBA for external SAS enclosure, but I'm going to attempt bifurcating the 16x slot and adding a dedicated NIC as well. Would love to see further progress updates!

Reactions: Overtek

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) may I present you my little Densium 4 Case Feet Mod:

Adam Hall 4903 Case Feet

all four case feet

Like those have been made for the case! ;)

Adam Hall 4903 Case Feet

Adam Hall 4903 Case Feet

M3x8mm + M3 nut + M4 washer

M3x8mm screw works perfectly (even without a washer it will grap to the case)

M3x8mm Screw with M4 washer (M3 works aswell but the M4 offers a bigger hole to be more low profile as the screw is sunken)

M3 nut inside the Adam Hall 4903 Case Feet

all four case feet mounted!

As you can see those Case Feet do work really well with that case. :) I like the proportions and that they are made out of an robust rubber that will absorbe a lot of vibration (I think normally those feet are used for Speakers) You just need M3x8mm Screws and Nuts and for additional Support M3 or better M4 washers (like I've used for the sunken screw to get a nice flush low profile) I think this Mod can be used for multiple PC cases and cost me arround 5 bucks and no physical modding! :)

Skyrnek

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2022
Hey Audun, is there any update on the z39 cooler production and estimated delivery times for the open orders of the cases? Quite a few people already got them i see.

Reactions: Densium.net

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Hey Audun, is there any update on the z39 cooler production and estimated delivery times for the open orders of the cases? Quite a few people already got them i see.
Look at the first post where he lists updates. On the 8th of may the z39 coolers arrived at his warehouse, so I'm guessing the packages should start shipping anytime soon? Not sure if thats with the new packaging material though

Reactions: Densium.net