Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
Too little too late for me, I got the Velka version of the Enhance here already. Unfortunately, the fan's humming noise while idling is driving me crazy. Not crazy enough to justify spending the money for a noctua fan from Overtek, but I'm getting there :D

Reactions: Densium.net

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
LMAO

I got a sample from Jon myself, and can vouch for it being totally inaudible
It's really a shame. I guess it's bearing noise and it goes away when the fan is spinning up ... but during idle? It's a constant hum. I managed to silence it a tiny bit by adjusting the screws for the fan, but it's still there.

I'm sure I'll order the Noctua replacement at some point...

Reactions: Densium.net

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Yeah, I think this case is now at the top of my wish list. Just going to wait for the next generation CPUs/GPUs to see what's what. Gives some time to plot and plan, though.

The SFF Master List spreadsheet I've got says the Plus has a 2.5 drive mount but I couldn't see such a thing on the render. Is that just a potential thing what with the extra space in the front to add some mounting points?

I'm another person who wouldn't mind a front USB slot also... but without using apparently fragile components like above. Anyone seen a cabled internal USB A or C that looks suitable? Would be better if I didn't have to do it DIY style but I got some folks who could probably help

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Yeah, I think this case is now at the top of my wish list. Just going to wait for the next generation CPUs/GPUs to see what's what. Gives some time to plot and plan, though.

The SFF Master List spreadsheet I've got says the Plus has a 2.5 drive mount but I couldn't see such a thing on the render. Is that just a potential thing what with the extra space in the front to add some mounting points?

I'm another person who wouldn't mind a front USB slot also... but without using apparently fragile components like above. Anyone seen a cabled internal USB A or C that looks suitable? Would be better if I didn't have to do it DIY style but I got some folks who could probably help
I'm working on adding a front USB cable, but it wont be available until the next batch!

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) I just want to let everybody know, that there will be a "Live Build Log Stream" tomorrow at 5pm German Time. I plan on streaming for ~2h and will show the Densium 4 (black) and Densium 4+ (white) with some nice Hardware inside! :) I am there to answer some questions and leave a step by step installation Guide. (there will be a short Video on a later day, but that is for my next week video-schedule.

Hope you tune in! <3

Reactions: scatterforce

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
hey guys! :) I just want to let everybody know, that there will be a "Live Build Log Stream" tomorrow at 5pm German Time. I plan on streaming for ~2h and will show the Densium 4 (black) and Densium 4+ (white) with some nice Hardware inside! :) I am there to answer some questions and leave a step by step installation Guide. (there will be a short Video on a later day, but that is for my next week video-schedule.

Hope you tune in! <3
I'll try to catch some of it. Unfortunatly thats about when I finish work and head home by train, where connection unfortunatly regularly drops. Thanks for the heads up though!

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com

*UPDATE*

Densium hat sich direkt nach dem Stream um eine Lösung bemüht und stellt für jeden Kunden mit einem ähnlichen Mainboard Layout eine kostenlose Kabelverlängerung für den Startknopf zur Verfügung! :)

Densium has worked on a solution and has contacted me after the stream. They do offer a free cable extension for every customer with a similar mainboard layout to reach the powerbutton. :)