Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Audun,

I am interested in ordering another Densium 4+ to teach my 12-year-old son about building computers. Will you be offering the early bird special pricing when ordering is opened, or should I preorder the Densium 4 V2 now and then have you modify the order to a 4+ ?
I’ll have an offer for this too! Thinking of doing free shipping for it :)

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
That's great to hear! Planning on building in a D4+
I noticed that the Z39 on the website was out of stock, anything on when they'll be restocked?
Hey! Actually I can’t afford to manufacture new Z39s right now, need to pre-sell some more cases, but I’ll order new ones as soon as I can. My supplier have said the production time will be ~20 days, so if we’re lucky they might be available around the same time the Densium 4’s start shipping :)

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Hi, when will densium 4+ be available on your website? Every colour is currently out of stock.
Just got confirmed there are some White/Rosewood units left in stock. Just have to update the stock levels before they’ll become available!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018

Hello all!
Just wanted to share a few images of my Densium 4+ build. I also want to give Audun a huge thank you for all of his hard work designing and producing this beautiful case!!! It was a struggle getting this case built, no fault of the case design. I purchased a new AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU that turned out to be defective. I built and rebuilt the computer multiple times swapping out components never suspecting a defective new CPU. In the process I pulled out 3 wires from the 24 pin cable and have never been competent repining wiring. Jon at Overtek graciously offered to repair the wiring, but with shipping from the US and repair costs I may have just as well have bought a new power supply. Then I remembered PSlate Customs, in my state of Georgia USA. In a matter of a week, problem solved.

My build:
Densium 4+
MSI B450I Gaming Plus
Enhance ENP-7660b Noctua fan and custom wiring from Overtek
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
EXGA RTX 3060
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Chromax black, NF-A9x14 fan
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
ADATA SX8200NP
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021

Hello all!
Just wanted to share a few images of my Densium 4+ build. I also want to give Audun a huge thank you for all of his hard work designing and producing this beautiful case!!! It was a struggle getting this case built, no fault of the case design. I purchased a new AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU that turned out to be defective. I built and rebuilt the computer multiple times swapping out components never suspecting a defective new CPU. In the process I pulled out 3 wires from the 24 pin cable and have never been competent repining wiring. Jon at Overtek graciously offered to repair the wiring, but with shipping from the US and repair costs I may have just as well have bought a new power supply. Then I remembered PSlate Customs, in my state of Georgia USA. In a matter of a week, problem solved.

My build:
Densium 4+
MSI B450I Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
EXGA RTX 3060
ADATA SX8200NP
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB
Great build, and thanks for sharing Aguda!

Your activity here at the forum is always appreciated :)

foxxionair

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 18, 2022

Hello all!

My build:
Densium 4+
MSI B450I Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
EXGA RTX 3060
ADATA SX8200NP
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB
Ohhhh yes that looks incredible!
I love my case and i can feel your oain with your cpu stress.
At the end your system turned out pretty good!

Did your gpu came a little bit forward through the pressure of the riser cable?
Mine did that so i got the nice idea from guckstv to put the soft security part from my gpu pci express slot on the front of the card and with this the card pushed a little bit back by closing the side panel so the fans can spin without a problem.

Are you happy with your ryzen temps?

Best Reagards ;)

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Ohhhh yes that looks incredible!
I love my case and i can feel your oain with your cpu stress.
At the end your system turned out pretty good!

Did your gpu came a little bit forward through the pressure of the riser cable?
Mine did that so i got the nice idea from guckstv to put the soft security part from my gpu pci express slot on the front of the card and with this the card pushed a little bit back by closing the side panel so the fans can spin without a problem.

Are you happy with your ryzen temps?

Best Reagards ;)
So far, no problems with the temps, but I haven't gamed on it as it is a gift for my wife who is out of the country right now. The GPU fans did push against the side panel. I had some rubber bumpers that I put on the end of the GPU near the front of the case to solve the problem.

crispyBacon11

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2022
Does anyone know if an ROG Strix B660I will fit into the Densium 4? I'd like to go 12th gen Intel but I'm worried about the I/O cover where it extends past the end of the board. Anyone have experience?

Mozzie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 4, 2022
Just got confirmed there are some White/Rosewood units left in stock. Just have to update the stock levels before they’ll become available!
On your website, you now have densium 4+ v2.

Can you advise if the Walnut colour of the Black / Walnut version (densium 4+ v2) has a darker stain similar to densium 4 v2 White / Walnut (or lighter stain similar to densium 4 v2 Black / Walnut)?

Unsure if the stain colour difference is due to the camera angle or my macbook calibration.

Lastly, how can I include z309 with my order so I can get everything shipped at the same time? I understand that you weren't planning to stock z309 until you sell more of the densium units.

Reactions: Densium.net

Mozzie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 4, 2022
Admins, sorry for the consecutive double post as I can't seem to modify my post above.

@Densium.net, I have noticed the following during checkout:

1. DV42 code doesn't seem to work on the riser
2. USD19.99 shipping was added even though densium 4+ v2 currently has free shipping promotion

Not a big deal overall. Just want to check I haven't made a mistake. I am in Australia in case that affects shipping costs.

Mozzie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 4, 2022
Just wanted to share a few images of my Densium 4+ build
I am going to copy your build to save time. :)

With the benefits of hindsight, anything you'd do differently? For example, do I need to get the power supply cable shortened etc?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Can you advise if the Walnut colour of the Black / Walnut version (densium 4+ v2) has a darker stain similar to densium 4 v2 White / Walnut (or lighter stain similar to densium 4 v2 Black / Walnut)?
I can't say for 100% sure, but most likely the difference in those pictures is down to camera settings and exposure - the white case would likely require a lower exposure setting to not blow out the white case panels and maintain detail in the photo vs. the settings required for the black case to retain detail and not just clip to black. The panels are separate from the case, after all, and I sincerely doubt they took on the supply chain hassle (and cost!) of managing two separate tints of walnut front panels rather than just having them be the same.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I am going to copy your build to save time. :)

With the benefits of hindsight, anything you'd do differently? For example, do I need to get the power supply cable shortened etc?
You definitely want to shorten the cables. I also had Overtek remove a few unneeded cables. these are the lengths I used and the worked well.
24 pin 180mm
CPU 225 mm
GPU1 225mm
GPU2 225mm
SATA 100mm + 50mm

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
You definitely want to shorten the cables. I also had Overtek remove a few unneeded cables. these are the lengths I used and the worked well.
24 pin 180mm
CPU 225 mm
GPU1 225mm
GPU2 225mm
SATA 100mm + 50mm

Heh, yeah I should have had my SATA done shorter. Doesn't help they also gave it a right angle connection so I won't be able to tuck it deep into the gap besides the power supply. Diagram did not suggest they had those sorts of connections

Maybe the extra slack will hold it down by pure friction. Otherwise I guess I need to figure out how to do cable work myself

Skyrnek

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2022
Hello everyone! Loving my Densium 4 a lot, looks great!

Unfortunately though I have an issue with the Z39 Cooler. It rattles. I cant figure out which part it is exactly though. It is quite loud when the PC is cold, and as soon as it ran for a minute, i can give the cooler a few fingertaps and it stops.
Does anybody else have this issue?
I already took everything apart again, looked if i find anything that isn't tighted properly, but wasn't successful.
Possibly just a bad unit? Does anyone else have this issue?

rod

Caliper Novice
Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone! Loving my Densium 4 a lot, looks great!

Unfortunately though I have an issue with the Z39 Cooler. It rattles. I cant figure out which part it is exactly though. It is quite loud when the PC is cold, and as soon as it ran for a minute, i can give the cooler a few fingertaps and it stops.
Does anybody else have this issue?
I already took everything apart again, looked if i find anything that isn't tighted properly, but wasn't successful.
Possibly just a bad unit? Does anyone else have this issue?
It probably bas to do with the metal hooks that hold the fan not being properly attached

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
On your website, you now have densium 4+ v2.

Unsure if the stain colour difference is due to the camera angle or my macbook calibration.

Lastly, how can I include z309 with my order so I can get everything shipped at the same time? I understand that you weren't planning to stock z309 until you sell more of the densium units.
Mostly, the color difference is due to photography, they all look quite similar IRL! Some panels are lighter/darker than others, depending on variations in the wood, but they all look very similar regardless.

Also, just found out I had a few more Z39 units than I anticipated, so they’re not out of stock after all, haha. If you’d tell me your order number I could add it to your order now :)