Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you, Audun, for all the updates and quick responses! You are doing a fantastic job keeping us informed of the progress of this project.
Also, thanks to Gucks TV for the great video introduction to the Densium cases. I can hardly wait to start my build.

Reactions: GucksTV

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Saw the update on your website before I saw it here, hah, great! Good to hear about production starting back up!

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Inching closer and closer to the shipping date!

Asking for a friend, would you be considering making an APU only version of the Densium? With expected APUs that are upcoming that will be more powerful.

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Inching closer and closer to the shipping date!

Asking for a friend, would you be considering making an APU only version of the Densium? With expected APUs that are upcoming that will be more powerful.
Yeah, I'd actually love to make something like this, but its hard for me to know for sure if there is enough interest. If you'd make a petition or something, and get a handful of signers, it'd help convince me to start a project like this! Once the Densium 4 project are finished, I'll be looking to create more cases ASAP!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for the helpful video guide. Can't wait to get my hands on it and find out if building in it is actually this easy :)
Haha have to give you a little disclaimer: My psu got shortened cables from Overtek, this makes it a loy easier! I also got the low profile RAM-sticks which helps out!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
fx600, enp-7660b, Noctua fan external temps, a long one! short one next, I promise!, on custom loomed unit

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the excellent comparison video. I can vouch for the service from Overtek as I purchased the Enhance power supply with the shortened wiring and Noctua fan. Jon was extremely responsive to my e-mails and the quality of his modifications are top notch. Once I receive the Densium 4+ case I will see if I made the correct choice in cable length. I made a cardboard mock up of the case and feel I came pretty close to what was needed. Running in the cardboard box the power supply is just about inaudible with the Noctua while gaming.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Since you want feedback: quality build video. You've shown well how the spine design functions. I had imagined it would go a bit like that based on your previous renders and pictures, excellent design choice really. Think i'll plug in the front power button before I screw in the side panels though. Or do you need the panels on to pinch the top and bottom together?

If I have to suggest an improvement:
- missed opportunity to show the clever mounting brackets you designed for the wood front panel.
- Gucks was excited about your low profile powerbutton, could have shown that too by just slowly rotating the frontpanel in view before you mount it.
- is the front panel flippable, in the sense of mounting it with power button on the top or bottom?
- I might have missed it, but when you slide the spine in, you screw in the two bottom screws that hold the section above the powersupply. What about the large shiny standoffs on the gpu side? Do they need a seperate screw, or do the screws of the sidepanel pass through the body into those standoffs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aguda33

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Since you want feedback: quality build video. You've shown well how the spine design functions. I had imagined it would go a bit like that based on your previous renders and pictures, excellent design choice really. Think i'll plug in the front power button before I screw in the side panels though. Or do you need the panels on to pinch the top and bottom together?
No there isn't really a 'correct' or 'wrong' way to do it - It was just to show how easy it was, mainly targeted towards new SFFPC builders. There is a number of different ways to assemble the case, for example you could arrange the cables before screwing on the side panel too! I'm sure all you enthusiasts have your own way of building!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020