Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
@Densium.net: How precise are the dimensions of the Densium 4 on your website? The reason I'm asking is that I'll have some time on my hands the next two weeks and I'm anxious to start with my custom front panel ;) Can I rely on the dimensions on the product page or would you say it's better to wait for the case to arrive?
Check the attached PDF file

Attachments

• customfrontpanel.PDF
    20.4 KB · Views: 36

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
You're amazing! Thanks so much. Let the fun begin :D
I just have to warn you; The button wont be compatible with a thicker front panel, so if your panel thickness will be >8mm you might have to use glue for your button, or source a new button with longer threads yourself! Other than that, you can just go ahead! Looking forward to seeing your custom front panel!

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
I just have to warn you; The button wont be compatible with a thicker front panel, so if your panel thickness will be >8mm you might have to use glue for your button, or source a new button with longer threads yourself! Other than that, you can just go ahead! Looking forward to seeing your custom front panel!
Thanks for the heads up. I think it's gonna be fine, as my "front panel" will essentially be hollow to accomodate the I/O, the Card readers and SATA SSDs. So the real front is likely going to be 1.5mm :)

When I'm at the point to worry about the button, I will be more than happy, haha. Some pretty big challenges ahead.

Reactions: Densium.net

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for the heads up. I think it's gonna be fine, as my "front panel" will essentially be hollow to accomodate the I/O, the Card readers and SATA SSDs. So the real front is likely going to be 1.5mm :)

When I'm at the point to worry about the button, I will be more than happy, haha. Some pretty big challenges ahead.
Sounds good - I wish you the best of luck on your little journey, hope it works out great. Take care

Reactions: mikefize

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for another update Densium (march 11th). I'm perfectly OK with the proposed screw selection and solution. Cheers man!

Last edited:
Reactions: Densium.net

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
For everybody who is looking for a first look at the FX600 from SilverStone:

Unboxing is online and the first short Sound-Test is already done and will be uploaded this week. :)
It seems DinkieTheSink also got his hands on the fx600 for a review: Looking forward to your take on the psu. He mentions an intersting observation about the increased 24pin cable lenght and the odd double eps-connectors. Curious to your thoughts on this.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) I just want to let you know that my review samples arrived and I've been able to take a closer look at both the Densium 4 & 4+
I don't know why but I can just insert the album from imgur, maybe there are to many pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/GKJPZ0z

I am shocked (positively) how well the cases have been made. They are sturdy and rock solid. Quality is probably on pair with Velka and with way less screws! :D
The design is stunning and the wood is really something else...I love it! In my pictures I've got a Black painted wood Prototytpe by Audun aka @Densium.net and it looks very nice aswell! Even when I love the look of that walnut wireless-charger next to the Mini-ITX Case! <3

The Low Profile Power Button is a very nice implementation. Better then the competition.

I really like the fact that the Densium 4+ actually gives 220mm GPU clearance while staying at 4.9L volume...

And obviously I have to show it to you guys...the MSI RTX 3060 Ti AERO ITX in all its glory! <3

I will build a system inside the cases during the next days, and have some FLEX PSU testing planned.
Otherwise I will make a Giveaway of the white Densium 4+ after my content is done and will add both PSU and CPU Cooler to the package! :)
So stay tunned for my content!