• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I agree, 25-26mm radiator support would be ideal for allowing use of more mainstream copper radiators, but I see the biggest benefit could be to mounting full thickness fans under the Motherboard for better heat dissipation of the memory, VRM's and M.2.

Interested to know how a single fan on a 240mm radiator differs to a single 120mm radiator to be honest.
Since this change doesn't affect the case volume I really don't see any issues with the changes, you've essentially just made better use of the internal structure which is a win/win anyway.

Reactions: Sahaj and AlexTzone

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
Im a fan of the 240 rad support if it allows for improved thermals but i am suspicious if it would be better than the 120 rad. Im a fan of the direction of increasing gpu support and it would be amazing if you could fit a duke in here. Looking forward to prototyping and thermal tests

Reactions: AlexTzone

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@giraffesinmybalcony @htko89 Guys I know you mean well, but we have to get this project rolling. MJOLNIR design is now finalized and we’re moving to optimizing / producing the prototype :)
you might want to really consider those before rushing to prototyping the case. even though you could fit a 240mm rad into it, it doesn't give it much of an advantage over other, take for example the Raijintek Ophion Evo. The case can support 240mm rad as well with ATX psu and tall CPU coolers, all with a price less than 1/5th of your case. At this point, even the premium manufacturing and construction of the case would not interest a lot of people to back the campaign

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@JohnCA @giraffesinmybalcony I don’t think we’re rushing it. I didn’t say that we were going to redesign the whole case after the campaign, what I did say was that we were going to add an improvement. Now that improvement has been added.

If we try so satisfy everyone this will never launch; thus, the design is now finalized. I hope you understand :) Please note that you don’t have to use the new 240mm AIO support and go with a 120 mm unit instead, this is essentially a more efficient restructuring of the internal components to allow for more space under the motherboard. Like @Tazpr said, win-win.

@dlal1520 Thanks a lot friend! We'll make sure to evaluate different configs and see how they perform once the prototype if finished :)

@For_Science The supported radiator height is 23 mm, but you could maybe squeeze in a 25 mm radiator if you remove the AIO mounting rails and your radiator has a decent radius at the corners (otherwise it will start interfering with the corner radius of the enclosure). Anyways, will be really interesting to see what you make of the MJOLNIR. I have a very good feeling about your build :thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: dlal1520

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@JohnCA @giraffesinmybalcony I don’t think we’re rushing it. I didn’t say that we were going to redesign the whole case after the campaign, what I did say was that we were going to add an improvement. Now that improvement has been added.

If we try so satisfy everyone this will never launch; thus, the design is now finalized. I hope you understand :)
hmm very true you can't satisfy everyone, but im glad that it supports 240mm rads now. cant wait to see the prototype pictures!

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

If we try so satisfy everyone this will never launch; thus, the design is now finalized. I hope you understand :) Please note that you don’t have to use the new 240mm AIO support and go with a 120 mm unit instead, this is essentially a more efficient restructuring of the internal components to allow for more space under the motherboard. Like @Tazpr said, win-win.

@dlal1520 Thanks a lot friend! We'll make sure to evaluate different configs and see how they perform once the prototype if finished :)

@For_Science The supported radiator height is 23 mm, but you could maybe squeeze in a 25 mm radiator if you remove the AIO mounting rails and your radiator has a decent radius at the corners (otherwise it will start interfering with the corner radius of the enclosure). Anyways, will be really interesting to see what you make of the MJOLNIR. I have a very good feeling about your build :thumb:
Hi Alex,

What is the new distance between the AIO mount and a SFX PSU? (basically the distance between bottom of the aio rad and the top of the top tube in the render). Doesn't have to be exact, but just to give me a rough idea of what we're working with.

you might want to really consider those before rushing to prototyping the case. even though you could fit a 240mm rad into it, it doesn't give it much of an advantage over other, take for example the Raijintek Ophion Evo. The case can support 240mm rad as well with ATX psu and tall CPU coolers, all with a price less than 1/5th of your case. At this point, even the premium manufacturing and construction of the case would not interest a lot of people to back the campaign

The Rajintek Evo is more than 20 L if I remember correctly and I would say if anything they are not using the space efficiently at all and would not consider it even an SFF case. Price from a big manufacturer will always be substantially cheaper too, just look at Kolink Rocket vs Dan A4 SFX, but people still flock to the A4 nonetheless.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
hmm very true you can't satisfy everyone, but im glad that it supports 240mm rads now. cant wait to see the prototype pictures!

Now that I read my response to you again it felt a bit aggressive, totally not how I ment it :) Just pointed out a few things underlying the design decision :thumb:

Hi Alex,

What is the new distance between the AIO mount and a SFX PSU? (basically the distance between bottom of the aio rad and the top of the top tube in the render). Doesn't have to be exact, but just to give me a rough idea of what we're working with.

The Rajintek Evo is more than 20 L if I remember correctly and I would say if anything they are not using the space efficiently at all and would not consider it even an SFF case. Price from a big manufacturer will always be substantially cheaper too, just look at Kolink Rocket vs Dan A4 SFX, but people still flock to the A4 nonetheless.

Distance from PSU shroud to bottom of radiator is roughly 78 mm :)

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
If we try so satisfy everyone this will never launch; thus, the design is now finalized. I hope you understand

I feel like you didn't even read my whole post. This is not about satisfying everyone, it's about likely functionability issues.
Anyway, best of luck to you :thumb:

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Now that I read my response to you again it felt a bit aggressive, totally not how I ment it :) Just pointed out a few things underlying the design decision :thumb:

Distance from PSU shroud to bottom of radiator is roughly 78 mm :)
Thanks! That sounds workable, one more question: when a 30+25 AIO (As in your renders) is used, approximately how many mm are there between the fan and the graphics card cooler? Basically the same question but on the otherside. Th

@For_Science whats so special about the tubing and fittings?

Sorry, just a matter of speech, not special intrinsically, just special since I have put it aside for Mjolnir and that I am excited about doing hardline tubing once again in a SFF case (my first one was in the Ncase M1). Since this tubing is strongly UV reactive, I think there is great potential to achieve different looks in ambient (or white) light vs UV.

Hopefully this can get some creative juices flowing for others too.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

While I’m with others about wanting some changes, you seem pretty convinced about the design and functionality. I will wait until I see pictures of a working prototype and temp tests and hope you prove us wrong.

Just don’t get rid of that ridiculous but awesome 5mm outer case XD

Jakyrian

Caliper Novice
Jan 15, 2018
Not sure if it's been brought up before, but any chance the tempered glass could be tinted (dark) like with the Circle Pro case? Think that would look awesome and would help to differentiate it from just standard tempered glass

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks! That sounds workable, one more question: when a 30+25 AIO (As in your renders) is used, approximately how many mm are there between the fan and the graphics card cooler? Basically the same question but on the otherside. Th

Sorry, just a matter of speech, not special intrinsically, just special since I have put it aside for Mjolnir and that I am excited about doing hardline tubing once again in a SFF case (my first one was in the Ncase M1). Since this tubing is strongly UV reactive, I think there is great potential to achieve different looks in ambient (or white) light vs UV.

Hopefully this can get some creative juices flowing for others too.

Distance between the AIO mounting rails and the GPU cooler is roughly 64 mm (so for 30 + 25 we have 9 mm of space left). Wooooaaaah hardline tubing in MJOLNIR, can't even begin to fathom such awesomeness!

Is there a way to reduce friction between frame and unibody? I am thinking of Scotch tape.:p

You would be better of with a skived pure PTFE (brand-name Teflon) tape. Mind you, this is not the thread-sealing variant.

Here's an example.

That would work! :) Mind you that it has to be pretty thin though.

While I’m with others about wanting some changes, you seem pretty convinced about the design and functionality. I will wait until I see pictures of a working prototype and temp tests and hope you prove us wrong.

Just don’t get rid of that ridiculous but awesome 5mm outer case XD

That outer unibody shell is the main attraction, it's not going anywhere :cool:

Not sure if it's been brought up before, but any chance the tempered glass could be tinted (dark) like with the Circle Pro case? Think that would look awesome and would help to differentiate it from just standard tempered glass

Cool idea, will have it quoted and see what we can do! I think we could potentially offer such panels separately later on :)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Distance between the AIO mounting rails and the GPU cooler is roughly 64 mm (so for 30 + 25 we have 9 mm of space left). Wooooaaaah hardline tubing in MJOLNIR, can't even begin to fathom such awesomeness!

What's the maximum supported radiator length?
Due to the central spine, I feel like it might be really hard to route tube across, so I was wondering if the Alphacool NexXxos ST30 240mm X-Flow rad would fit?
Dimensions (LxWxH): 293 x 124 x 30mm

Main reason being you can have 1 line come out on the GPU side and 1 come out under the CPU, which *might* make tube routing easier...

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Due to the central spine, I feel like it might be really hard to route tube across, so I was wondering if the Alphacool NexXxos ST30 240mm X-Flow rad would fit?

Main reason being you can have 1 line come out on the GPU side and 1 come out under the CPU, which *might* make tube routing easier...
Probably wont fit as 120 mm is a hard limit imposed by the outershell. Also, 23 mm thickness limit.

Reactions: Tazpr and AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Probably wont fit as 120 mm is a hard limit imposed by the outershell. Also, 23 mm thickness limit.

Yes that radiator is to wide / height to fit :\

50 mm will not fit unfortunately, 40 mm is the max.

Reactions: Tazpr and wolfatpno

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Yes that radiator is to wide / height to fit :\

50 mm will not fit unfortunately, 40 mm is the max.
As just a personal opinion, I think you should perhaps not make such a big deal of the 240 mm radiator support since realistically only one product is supported. Unlike the 92 mm 545LC which is pretty much the only 92 mm AIO in existance, there are many 240 mm AIOs out there in the wild and pretty much none of them fit apart from the silverstone one.

So from a consumer perspective, its "false excitement" in the sense that you expect a certain amount of range in support, but realistically it is support for the Silverstone TD02 slim, not 240 mm AIOs/Radiators. The internet being the internet, this would be probably criticized heavily.

A similar statement can be made with 120 mm AIOs, although at least there a number of AIOs comply with the 120 mm thickness so it is not as big of a deal, it would be helpful to the consumer to have a list of compatible AIOs, or alternatively since you may not want to commit to the compatibility, you can draft up an example list of AIOs that are not compatible (or not supported, anyway) due to wide radiators.

As a side note on performance of the 120 mm AIO vs 240 mm AIO if I understand correctly these are the parameters:

120 mm AIO configuration:
30 mm radiator + 25 mm fan or 40 mm radiator + 15 mm fan max
and unobstructed 15 mm for air intake/exhaust

240 mm AIO confirmation
23 mm radiator + one 120 mm fan (15 or 25 mm, irrelevant)

So it would be intriguing whether a thicker 120 radiator and an additional exhaust/intake fan would outperform the thinner 240 mm radiator with one half being passively dissipated. Personally I think actually the 120 mm AIO + extra fan is likely to outperform the 240 mm, but the testing will confirm this I suppose this.