Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just because it uses a dual chamber GPU/motherboard design under 10-liters, and it has larger CPU cooler clearance and an optional top chamber or "Top Hat" like the Ghost does not make it a mere copy. There is a bit more going on here that you are willing to admit. So for the benefit of all, I will let the photo speak for itself with these visual annotations highlighting just a few of its differences:

You know, if you remove the removable feet and lose that additional line, and swap the color on the top cover, it looks barely distinguishable.

Your comment only solidifies my argument of how specific the differences are.

Reactions: Flyingpepper

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Quick update, the cases are basically completed! But in order to send out to testers I am still waiting for delivery of the accessories e.g. power cords, screws, feet stickers, magnetic tape, etc. Will post a google form for you to fill in once ready to ship out. At the moment I have these to go around : black 5 pcs, white 2 pcs, pink 2 pcs (not guaranteed), bare 3 pcs. I am reserving a couple of each color in case some big shot youtuber is interested to review it. Suprisingly, pink is in high demand within my circle, probably coz I have quite a few female friends, LoL.

So basically what you can do now which is the same as what I am doing is to "wait"...
Actually I will get some more professional product shots done later, and obviously more game time with those rigs :)

Oh, btw, an early announcement, will follow up with company website later. This product name is now called "Steck". And my new company startup is called "Nouvolo", I will try to use the new company for all transaction later. I am pleased to present Nouvolo's first product:

Nouvolo - model "Steck"

Have a nice weekend :cool:
Looking great, my friend. If you do not mind me asking, what configurations do you have running in these beauts?

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
I just saw this video a couple of days ago, and to me, it perfectly matches with the problem I see here. In fact, to me, Steck may be assimiliated much more to a knockoff than to a counterfeit of Louqe Ghost case...

So, being a different product... It's a different product... But... Unfortunatelly, I see a missed opportunity to differentiate Nouvolo design from that of Louqe as for example, Louqe is doing if compared to Dan cases!

Unfortunately, as this market deserves much more competition and choice!

Reactions: Walderstorn

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Looking great, my friend. If you do not mind me asking, what configurations do you have running in these beauts?

The 3 rigs have:
1) i5 8500, 2) i7 8700k, 3) Ryzen 1800x , gfx cards 1060,1050ti, rx580
Will post some photos of the internals in the next few days. Firstly, I need to setup proper for some product photo shooting.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
@Hifihedgehog Dude, I can't tell if you are trolling or not, but a quick 5 sec glance over the two cases and one can easily mistaken the both of them to be the same case and brand. Its like staring at a prototype and a v1 or v2 side by side...

I have nothing against copycats, the difference in quality is there, and people can pay for whatever they want.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
The 3 rigs have:
1) i5 8500, 2) i7 8700k, 3) Ryzen 1800x , gfx cards 1060,1050ti, rx580
Will post some photos of the internals in the next few days. Firstly, I need to setup proper for some product photo shooting.
That is cool! I am hoping to cram in an oc’ed Ryzen 7 1700 and GTX 1080 Ti build coming from an RVZ02.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
All,

As our moderator j0rd noted, starting a flame war based on calling out a product as a "clone" is not productive. Everyone's concerns are noted, however it is up to the designers of the "original" product to deal with it, not an army of keyboard warriors.

Numerous reports of poor behaviour in this thread have been reported and, whilst the users may think they are validated (be it for or against), all it does is to show outsiders that SFFn is a home to bitching and in-fighting. This has been an ongoing challenge over the years we have existed.

Let buyers decide with their wallets, not with angry words hidden behind a screen name.

If you think a product is a "clone", report it to the owner of the original design and let them deal with it in the proper way.

M K

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 2, 2018
Just wondering, is there a way to secure the magnetically mounted panels during transport?

Would like to know this as well.

When being carried in a backpack, will there be risk of the stacked unit (housing the radiator) falling off?

Also, what's the clearance between the bottom panel and the motherboard?

Would be nice if it's possible to mount a 25mm or thinner fan there...

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Would like to know this as well.
When being carried in a backpack, will there be risk of the stacked unit (housing the radiator) falling off?

Me three. I would like to know as well. I carry my RVZ02 in a Cabin Max Metz Extra backpack for road trips and carry-on air travel. Worst case scenario, I could get a buckled strap to secure the panel(s).

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
... When being carried in a backpack, will there be risk of the stacked unit (housing the radiator) falling off?

Also, what's the clearance between the bottom panel and the motherboard?
Would be nice if it's possible to mount a 25mm or thinner fan there...

- I would say the side and top panels are not great for frequent traveling. The panels have the convenience of easy detachment (basically just by a flick of a finger) my magnetic tapes, and no screws can be seen from the outside for aesthetics. This means that it is not fixed as firmly as by using screws. The case is designed for desktop in mind tho. ;)

- The space next to the motherboard does not fit a fan. The bottom panel nearly touches the motherboard (2mm), and the space sticking out from the motherboard is reserved for cooling heatsink/fan (max 70mm). I guess it is possible for custom small reservoir placement there if you decided go for mod liquid cooling. The only "possible" position for a fan will be where the ssd hdd is. But I don't have a mount for that. But I don't think it will be very useful as the cables will block most of the air way.

Although the case is designed for AIO cooling in mind (for the biggest denominator), for community testing would appreciate anyone go for mod.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
macboso

do you have a timeline on when the initial batch will be released? As for the color, the shade of pink you use has really grown a lot to me. I guess it should also be the same for others.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Simply phenomenal! This is sizing up to be a completely real, sharp looking case. By the way, those are amazing photos from just an iPhone. That is a high bar for me to reach for when review time comes along in about a month.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Last edited:
Reactions: macbosco

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I know, I know. This is totally putting the cart before the horse. But I already have my own radical build list in mind for this amazing case. I dub it...
The Nouvolo "Steck" - Zen 2 Edition
(Preliminary. Name and/or parts likely to change)
In the meantime, I have some hardcore saving to do. There are many parts for me to collect. This is the silicon-laden path leading up to April/May 2019. The adventure continues.​

Last edited:
Reactions: macbosco

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I am not the maker, but I have been following this rather closely. Here is one answer directly from the thread.

I am 99% certain that this includes the riser cable. As for the shipping country, I am not sure, actually.

Will the purchase include tax liability (duty) and shipping costs to outside the US?

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Will the purchase include tax liability (duty) and shipping costs to outside the US?
I am checking on that, but for EU countries or others that have VAT, that will most likely be for the buyer to pay. In principal, this varies country by country and seems to be in the range of 15-20%. But from where I am operating, I don't need to charge any sales tax.

I guess EU guys are used to importing stuff and paying VAT themselves? Even if seller operate within EU, they still have to pay VAT (whether included or not in the product). VAT applies to whoever buys and resides within the EU?

Please let me know if there is a way to avoid VAT altogether by selling to EU.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog