THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Reactions: Biowarejak

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Thanks you for the tip, will look into it!

Amazing, thanks alot! What's your opinion on them now that you have done some tests? :)

From what I can tell, they work fine! I don't have any components that will really stress the PSU and draw a lot of current through the cable so don't know how it would hold up during heavy loads. I can ship you one or two of them if you want to test them out!

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
From what I can tell, they work fine! I don't have any components that will really stress the PSU and draw a lot of current through the cable so don't know how it would hold up during heavy loads. I can ship you one or two of them if you want to test them out!
That's so kind of you, we would really appreciate it! Shall we PM you our shipping address? :D

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Sure! I'll try to figure out the cheapest way to ship internationally (I'm guessing you guys aren't in the US).

We are located in Sweden, our shipping address is:
Mandolingatan 5 lgh 1205
421 40 Vastra Frolunda
Sweden

Awesome, please PM us when you find a suitable shipping alternative :) And once again, big thanks for helping out!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hello guys!

There will be 57 screws in each MJOLNIR I case, we are looking for good assembly options. Any tips / ideas regarding how this can be achieved on medium-to-large scale are greatly appreciated :)

Best,
Alexander

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
57 screws seems pretty insane, especially for a unibody design. Not only it potentially complicates the building process, it also can turn into a logistical nightmare for you.

I can understand 11 screws for these:
  • 4 for the PSU
  • 4 for the Motherboard
  • 2 for the PCIe Riser
  • 1 for the GPU Bracket
But then there's still another 46 (!) screws for the Mjolnir itself. Considering that none of these are seen from the outside, I wonder where they're at.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
57 screws seems pretty insane, especially for a unibody design. Not only it potentially complicates the building process, it also can turn into a logistical nightmare for you.

I can understand 11 screws for these:
  • 4 for the PSU
  • 4 for the Motherboard
  • 2 for the PCIe Riser
  • 1 for the GPU Bracket
But then there's still another 46 (!) screws for the Mjolnir itself. Considering that none of these are seen from the outside, I wonder where they're at.
They are located on the inner frame, we will show it really soon (after proper production tolerance adjustments). At the same time, we’ll also upload the mounting manual for MJOLNIR I so that the mounting process is easier to evaluate.

The number of screws had me quite worried at first, but considering how easily installable all parts are I think it’s going to be quite fun to put together.

We have talked with different suppliers and made sure that different screw types come in separate sealable plastic bags with clear description stickers. This makes it easier for us to accurately put everything in the box and ship it (and also easier for the end customer to distinguish between them / find them easily).

We are very greatful for your advice and conserns! It helps us understand what is expected, what is okay and not okay etc :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Looks good! Can't wait to see the prototype come to life! :-)

Thanks a lot, we're on the way now :) Already got some custom electronic components made (power cable, power button and riser cable). After proper GD&T adjustments we'll start to prototype the enclosure and inner frame!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Do you think we should put sleeves on cables in MJOLNIR I? This concerns the I/O power button, power cable and cables that connect the RGB strips.

In our opinion it adds a premium feel over usual rubber cables.

Another question: How do we remove polls from our posts? Can't seem to find "delete poll" button anywhere XD

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Awesome! So poll-removal can only be done by moderators?
Im not actually sure, perhaps someone from site staff can answer this, ive never tested it. I do know however that moderators can edit polls so whilst I cant answer your question i can solve your problem in this instance >.<

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Im not actually sure, perhaps someone from site staff can answer this, ive never tested it. I do know however that moderators can edit polls so whilst I cant answer your question i can solve your problem in this instance >.<
Thank you, I'll ask them. Really appreciate the help!