Stalled [Update: 22-02-2021 - V1.1 Revised internals] LytCase Rogue: 8.9L Sandwich style case with 240mm AIO support.

Keep sub 9L volume or exceed 9L for better overall compatibility?

• Keep sub 9L with 2lot configuration and better cpu block clearance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep aub 9L with 2.5slot and limited cpu block clearance

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Exceed 9L only to the point where a 3 slot card can fit

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Go full-on - 3slot, standard fans, cpu block clearance etc.

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
In this thread alone you've reconfigured OPs case, found "perfect dimensions for sub 8.5L case" and insisted OP uses it, tried suggesting width, height and now you're suggesting redesigning the whole thing ... the only thing you haven't tried to suggest is changing the name (and I really don't want to bring in Meshify's name change thread here)

You seem to be bursting with ideas for sizes, names, case orientations, etc., which is not a bad thing ... but perhaps starting a case project of your very own might be in order?

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Ah ok... I'll do that.

And hey, did I really INSIST that OP use the sub 8.5L? No, I just said that I "think" I found the perfect dimensions for <8.5L, never said OP had to use it. And supporting flipped orientation is not exactly a total redesign. And the reason why I don't really want a name change is that there's really no need in this case. (Pun not intended)

Yes, I probably took up one page on the Mesh-Licious thread for the name change, but I stopped after realizing that wasn't going to happen. So don't worry about that "name change" thing happening here lol

I will take your advice, but I think you are exaggerating a bit here...

Last edited:

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
Ideas for V2? Man he hasn't even got to release V1 ... chill. I woulnd't be so sure about people wanting or not wanting something unless you get feedback. Flipped/normal allows people to place their ITX builds on either side of their monitor, having both means there is more options to the end user and less SKUs. I might not like it, you might not like it but that doesn't mean others don't.
Lol was thinking the same thing. I haven't even touched the first sample.

Ah ok... I'll do that.

And hey, did I really INSIST that OP use the sub 8.5L? No, I just said that I "think" I found the perfect dimensions for <8.5L, never said OP had to use it. And supporting flipped orientation is not exactly a total redesign. And the reason why I don't really want a name change is that there's really no need in this case. (Pun not intended)

Yes, I probably took up one page on the Mesh-Licious thread for the name change, but I stopped after realizing that wasn't going to happen. So don't worry about that "name change" thing happening here lol

I will take your advice, but I think you are exaggerating a bit here...
Hey man, I welcome a healthy discussion anytime. And god knows all of us here can ramble about parts, case design and other aspects for months lol.

However, I think what @iksretep is trying to say is that there's more to it than what it seems. Just to put things into perspective for you, adding a 5-10mm to the GPU side needs the following to be changed:
  • Radiator Chamber support change.
  • Bottom vents repositioned.
  • Power button needs a new home since there wont be room anymore where it is.
  • Recheck the clearance between the motherboard and PSU bracket
And a few more things and this is just a small example of shifting the interior a few mm.

8.5l was my original paper dimensions btw, started the actual design with 8.6l, but then reality ended up being 8.9l.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Lytnin nice pictures! this is the gunmetal version right? not sure if it's just the lighting but it looks more black than gunmetal to my eyes.

Also notice that the max radiator width is 124mm, which just miss the TX240 by 1mm (125mm width). I believe a lot of SFF watercooled enthusiasts would welcome TX compatibility (T1 drove the demand for that rad to crazy height) since potentially you can run 3x A12x25 with TX240 in this case. Hopefully you can physically confirmed it once you have the case on hand. ?

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
@Lytnin nice pictures! this is the gunmetal version right? not sure if it's just the lighting but it looks more black than gunmetal to my eyes.

Also notice that the max radiator width is 124mm, which just miss the TX240 by 1mm (125mm width). I believe a lot of SFF watercooled enthusiasts would welcome TX compatibility (T1 drove the demand for that rad to crazy height) since potentially you can run 3x A12x25 with TX240 in this case. Hopefully you can physically confirmed it once you have the case on hand. ?
Definitely the lighting... it looks different in every single photo they have sent me. Once i receive it, i can do a comparison against other objects.

You should be able to fit a 125mm rad, panel to panel is 127mm clearance, the only reason why i've kept it as 124mm is cause of the part of the rad chamber that is between the chassis, that's 125mm.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Duuuuuuuuuude it looks so fucking good all together and painted! Great work!

How long til that one gets shipped out to you for trial fitting?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Hey guys, post updated with first pictures of the sample!
My man! It looks excellent, and you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far!

My one point of criticism would be that it doesn't have an identity at the moment with the current design. By that, I mean that it doesn't have one particular thing that tells you it's the LytCase Rogue case. It almost looks OEM if that makes sense. I love the minimalism and hope you don't take offense to my comment, but the most well known and successful cases have at least one thing that screams to the consumer I'M THIS CASE, and that's incredibly important when trying to establish your brand.

Reactions: Kordron

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
My man! It looks excellent, and you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far!

My one point of criticism would be that it doesn't have an identity at the moment with the current design. By that, I mean that it doesn't have one particular thing that tells you it's the LytCase Rogue case. It almost looks OEM if that makes sense. I love the minimalism and hope you don't take offense to my comment, but the most well known and successful cases have at least one thing that screams to the consumer I'M THIS CASE, and that's incredibly important when trying to establish your brand.
I get what you're trying to say... The whole design idea was pure minimalism, muted colors and no shine.... but maybe I've over done it? hmm, now you got me thinking, as being OEMish is the last thing I wanted it to be.

I'm open to suggestion!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I get what you're trying to say... The whole design idea was pure minimalism, muted colors and no shine.... but maybe I've over done it? hmm, now you got me thinking, as being OEMish is the last thing I wanted it to be.

I'm open to suggestion!
I don't have any specific recommendations, and I don't want to instill any doubt in your good work. I did however quickly put together a list of some of the recognizable SFF cases currently on the market below to show you what I mean. Sometimes pictures work better than words, and I think this is one of those times.

• Love
Reactions: thelaughingman

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
I don't have any specific recommendations, and I don't want to instill any doubt in your good work. I did however quickly put together a list of some of the recognizable SFF cases currently on the market below to show you what I mean. Sometimes pictures work better than words, and I think this is one of those times.
Man, awesome stuff, i appreciate the effort of putting all of this together.

Well i guess i kinda hoped that the full solid front panel was the key identifiable look of the case for the Rogue... as it goes with the pure minimal design language

Reactions: Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Man, awesome stuff, i appreciate the effort of putting all of this together.

Well i guess i kinda hoped that the full solid front panel was the key identifiable look of the case for the Rogue... as it goes with the pure minimal design language

It very well could be! I want to make sure you know that I think you absolutely nailed minimalism with your design. There's no denying that, but in a world where there's already a lot of minimalism hotness available, I think a defining touch is important to stand out in the crowd of cases not trying to stand out, haha. :)

Reactions: Lytnin

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

I'm open to suggestion!
Personally I don't want any logos or any seams cutting across any panels (thus my T1 is all black, and I can't stand Ghost-like cases with top hats). Since the Rogue is so minimalistic, the biggest canvas you have is the side panels with the vents - for inspiration, NFC has the Sky slots which is unique and beautiful. Round holes is a safe choice and it's standard Lian-li stuff, that's what contribute to the case giving out OEM look IMO. Even Dan attempted to the slot-style vents on the top panel of the C4, albeit unsuccessfully because it doesn't look so good in combination with the normal side panel.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: iksretep

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
@Lytnin man the latest looks so awesome! I just recently sold my cases (kept the NR200) ... and I'm in a market for something new. Like I said in the previous post, I wanted the size of the M1, with an elegant look of the Cerberus, plus a sandwich style. I can't wait for more updates, possible release date, etc.

Edit: I still can't seem to figure out how to post a photo without it being a link ... it must be my age at this point haha

Reactions: Lytnin

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
For the push pins, I think that kind of ruins the minimalistic design... Imagine 2 push pins sticking out at you every time you see the case... Maybe try a slide-in panel or a screw-in panel?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Lytnin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 2, 2020
For the push pins, I think that kind of ruins the minimalistic design... Imagine 2 push pins sticking out at you every time you see the case... Maybe try a slide-in panel or a screw-in panel?

What/where are you referring to exactly? All the panels are slide in panels, except for the front panel which uses the push pins... But those don't show