• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
If you flip the chassis, then the PSU fan is exhausting out the bottom of the case. Should the AIO fan push, blowing hot air out (but also blowing warmer air over the radiator) or pull (pulling cooler air over the radiator, but adding that warmed air inside the case).

Thanks to Interesting point about flip exhaust.

Reactions: AlexTzone

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Really looking forward to seeing actual pictures of this case when you get hold of a prototype.

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018

Like this shape, fits that aggressive look

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

I know the design is complete.

I'm asking for reference when I make my own acrylic plate

What do you guys think about reducing the number of small holes?

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Gonna get back to you guys really soon! We have now ordered 3 prototypes; 2 for YouTubers and 1 for our own testing. We are also thinking of selling 2 prototypes to anyone who wants, but the price will be really steep (we pay approx 1.5k usd per prototype) :eek: Working on a cart-feature for that purpose (on our website). Give me a couple of days to get back and answer all previous questions, perhaps we'll have a couple of fresh new prototype parts to show by then :) Last, if anyone wants a MJOLNIR in april for about 1.5k usd (what we pay per prototype), feel free to let me now. You certainly deserve one first guys.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
240mm radiator compatibility applied and the motherboard position changed.

I imagined a more symmetrical back plate.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys,

Just received the tempered glass panels and about 60% of the internal frame, glad to say they are both beyond expectation in terms of quality! I'll be sure to snap some pics for in 2 days & answer all previously unanswered questions :D:thumb:

Moreover, 3 enclosures will be ready by 28th of March and delivered to us around 3rd of April. They will actually not be unibody for the prototypes, but split up into 6 pieces and reconnected with dowels & glue, see below:

The real deal will of course still be precision cast unibody. But don't underestimate the quality of the split up version, it's CNCd nonetheless. Also, they are really cheap...just about 500 USD each lol ;)

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
I wonder how tolerances would be like - Pre production samples vs production samples have a large variation (over or under milling), especially from cheap manufacturers.

I do hope they fit aesthetically together without larger or smaller parts. There is a whole study on tolerances lol.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Heey guys,

Just received the tempered glass panels and about 60% of the internal frame, glad to say they are both beyond expectation in terms of quality! I'll be sure to snap some pics for in 2 days & answer all previously unanswered questions :D:thumb:

Moreover, 3 enclosures will be ready by 28th of March and delivered to us around 3rd of April. They will actually not be unibody for the prototypes, but split up into 6 pieces and reconnected with dowels & glue, see below:

The real deal will of course still be precision cast unibody. But don't underestimate the quality of the split up version, it's CNCd nonetheless. Also, they are really cheap...just about 500 USD each lol ;)

Best,
Alex
Are these snap together prototypes for sale? Apart from not being a single piece, are there any other differences? Same thickness as the finished version? I'd be interested in purchasing one so please let me know.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So to clarify for the tempered glass panels, there will be no airflow from the side panel?

Yes, no airflow from the side panels for the TG set. So we definitely recommend a blower-style GPU and AIO with that panel set :)

@AlexTzone with the new glass panel design is the external panel mount still going to be a thing?

Depends, will have to evaluate how the temps are impacted before we can give a confirmation on that. Next thermal tests doc should be ready in April :)

Is there going to be more colours besides greys?
I really like the green S1.

Not currently planned, but we'll let you choose a custom color if you want to get a prototype (but those are pretty expensive just so you know :\).

Do you plan to sell additional window frames without glass?

I want to make a dark acrylic panel.

I know the design is complete.

I'm asking for reference when I make my own acrylic plate

What do you guys think about reducing the number of small holes?

240mm radiator compatibility applied and the motherboard position changed.

I imagined a more symmetrical back plate.

Window panel - I think such a request is pretty specific and will be hard to do in combination with mass production for the rest of the case :/ But you can get a glass panel set, pop out the tempered glass panels and replace those with your custom acrylic panel :thumb: Or do something in line with what @For_Science said.

Your custom panel design - That looks cool, if you end up doing it I definitely want to see those pics :D

Back panel modifications - I think that goes a bit against our minimalist design, hope you understand.

Hey Alex, these pics look great, cant wait to see what the glass fitted in looks like on the prototype!

Thanks a lot buddy, not long now before we'll both see that :D

I wonder how tolerances would be like - Pre production samples vs production samples have a large variation (over or under milling), especially from cheap manufacturers.

I do hope they fit aesthetically together without larger or smaller parts. There is a whole study on tolerances lol.

Without bringing in tolerance certificates and technical definition - we are aiming for part tolerances of 0.125mm for all parts in the production model. Its the same case for the prototypes. The thing that may change is how we optimize those tolerances, i.e worst case or say +-3 standard deviations from the mean.

Are these snap together prototypes for sale? Apart from not being a single piece, are there any other differences? Same thickness as the finished version? I'd be interested in purchasing one so please let me know.

2 of those prototypes will be for sale, but they will go for 1.499 USD (that's approx. how much we pay for each, with exclusion for custom color and shipping costs). They will be identical to the production model with exception of being CNCd rather than cast and split up rather than unibody.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys, a wild update suddenly appears!

Sorry that I've kept you waiting without a proper update, we've been really focused on updating the website, ordering prototype parts, getting quotes for production parts and planning the production run. FEDEX notified me yesterday that the RGB setups / Enclosures have arrived in Gothenburg, I'll go back there on Monday and snap pics for you till Tuesday :) But for now, here is 60% of the internal frame and a tempered glass panel:

The back panel is also expected by Monday. All remaining parts will be here in the next 2 weeks (there was a slight problem where one of the parts got anodized in the wrong color and the manufacturer had to remake it).

See you guys on Tuesday :cool:

Best,
Alex

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
The back panel is also expected by Monday. All remaining parts will be here in the next 2 weeks (there was a slight problem where one of the parts got anodized in the wrong color and the manufacturer had to remake it).

See you guys on Tuesday :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the completed prototype. Have you decided what components you will be using for testing? There aren't any 240mm AIOs that will fit your 23mm radiator height restriction - will you test a custom loop with a 240mm? Really want to know how a 240mm radiator with one fan compares against a thicker 120mm radiator. Any air-cooler tests planned?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Looking forward to seeing the completed prototype. Have you decided what components you will be using for testing? There aren't any 240mm AIOs that will fit your 23mm radiator height restriction - will you test a custom loop with a 240mm? Really want to know how a 240mm radiator with one fan compares against a thicker 120mm radiator. Any air-cooler tests planned?

Give us about 1-2 weeks, the final parts are shipped now!

Components - I'll provide a full list of hardware as the prototypes get closer to completion. You can fit Tundra TD02-SLIM with 1 fan (240 mm AIO), we will probably test this out against a Kraken M22. Also, YouTube reviewers are going to test additional components. I think that you'll have very good insight about MJOLNIR and its performance once everything is said and done :)

Great updates! Looks insanely good so far.

Thanks a lot buddy! :D

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity