• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Guys we added non-EU rewards (20% cheaper), feel free to switch if you reside outside of the EU :)

x740552

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
I bought the Early Bird reward but I am live in Taiwan.How can I set it up?

Change the pledge amount directly? ex: 3150x0.75=2362.5

I also can't find the Taiwan option in shipping destination of NON-EU.

Guys we added non-EU rewards (20% cheaper), feel free to switch if you reside outside of the EU :)

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I bought the Early Bird reward but I am live in Taiwan.How can I set it up?

Change the pledge amount directly? ex: 3150x0.75=2362.5

I also can't find the Taiwan option in shipping destination of NON-EU.

Early birds will not be adjusted, they are still the best deal once we deduct the VAT for you :)

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how much clearance is there for the bottom intakes? From the pictures it looks like the case is basically flush with the surface it's on.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Will kickstarter deduct VAT automatically?o_O
I'm waiting for their response regarding the best course of action. If they can't deduct VAT (or something similar) we will refund you the full VAT amount.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I remember when this thread started and everyone kept on talking shit, regardless congrats on starting the campaign and dodging the haters and staying positive.

Reactions: AlexTzone

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
I was wondering, with the rgb version what does the software look like? And with the control box where is it placed physically? Just wondering from an ease of use and aesthetic point of view.

so happy to see this project hit kickstarter and snagged myself a earybird rgb version!

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
I was wondering, with the rgb version what does the software look like? And with the control box where is it placed physically? Just wondering from an ease of use and aesthetic point of view.

so happy to see this project hit kickstarter and snagged myself a earybird rgb version!

The RGB controller they're using appears to be this one. Not sure if they're using a custom UI, maybe Alex can answer.

The LEDs appear to be WS2812B addressable LEDs, which are also adaptable to standard 3 pin addressable LED headers on motherboards. If you have supported components you can probably control them with LED sync software like Asus Aura.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
The RGB controller they're using appears to be this one. Not sure if they're using a custom UI, maybe Alex can answer.

The LEDs appear to be WS2812B addressable LEDs, which are also adaptable to standard 3 pin addressable LED headers on motherboards. If you have supported components you can probably control them with LED sync software like Asus Aura.

thanks man, ya if it uses a brick like that i may just plug them straight to the mobo for less clutter in the case. Hopefully they are compatable with asus aurora and stuff

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
non-eu user must give up their early bird?
i don't think so. early bird reward tiers ships anywhere. correct me if i'm wrong but, @AlexTzone introduced non-EU tiers so that non-EU backers does not have to deal with the additional step later on in the campaign of applying/waiting for VAT refund if they had purchased the early bird tiers or other tiers that included VAT.
if you have backed the campaign through the early bird reward tier, i would suggest that you keep it.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@AlexTzone Removing the VAT for third party country customers is very easy: Just remove the VAT value from the shipping costs. You can configure the shipping cost value for every country on every reward.

But I think for every already selected reward it is now impossible to change it.

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
There's 5 mm nubs on the bottom of the case to let airflow in.

Ah... That's less than ideal. This is the issue with the AIO option in the A4-SFX, if you lift the case up 1 cm you get much better temps. You need at least as much as the M1 to get any sort of decent airflow. I'm concerned about this as I was hoping the case could have positive pressure for adequate dust control, and the CPU/GPU/PSU fans could get almost all of their air from the bottom fans at least at idle. My main issues with the A4-SFX are poor CPU cooling, no dust control, and no window option. I was excited for this case because it seemed to solve all 3, but... I'm not so sure now with such limited clearance for airflow from the bottom.

But I do love the case, seems to check a lot of boxes and I'll be ordering one.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

At first we wanted to go with SP105E, but later switched to SP110E due to its significantly smaller size. You can see it through the top tempered glass panel here (small white rectangular shape on top of the PSU). Will will most likely create custom UI / App in the close future.

non-eu user must give up their early bird?

i don't think so. early bird reward tiers ships anywhere. correct me if i'm wrong but, @AlexTzone introduced non-EU tiers so that non-EU backers does not have to deal with the additional step later on in the campaign of applying/waiting for VAT refund if they had purchased the early bird tiers or other tiers that included VAT.
if you have backed the campaign through the early bird reward tier, i would suggest that you keep it.

Precisely, if you got an early bird its better to keep it. We will refund the VAT to you directly after the campaign :) @giraffesinmybalcony yes exactly, less headache for everybody :thumb:

@AlexTzone Removing the VAT for third party country customers is very easy: Just remove the VAT value from the shipping costs. You can configure the shipping cost value for every country on every reward.

But I think for every already selected reward it is now impossible to change it.

Great idea but doesn't work in our case unfortunately, since VAT is higher than the shipping costs :\

Ah... That's less than ideal. This is the issue with the AIO option in the A4-SFX, if you lift the case up 1 cm you get much better temps. You need at least as much as the M1 to get any sort of decent airflow. I'm concerned about this as I was hoping the case could have positive pressure for adequate dust control, and the CPU/GPU/PSU fans could get almost all of their air from the bottom fans at least at idle. My main issues with the A4-SFX are poor CPU cooling, no dust control, and no window option. I was excited for this case because it seemed to solve all 3, but... I'm not so sure now with such limited clearance for airflow from the bottom.

You can flip the internal frame and place the bottom dust filter on top instead; this lets the AIO exhaust through the top instead :) Like this:

Really appreciate the support!

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018

You can flip the internal frame and place the bottom dust filter on top instead; this lets the AIO exhaust through the top instead :) Like this:

Really appreciate the support!

Switching the assembly to an upper exhaust actually makes the case a negative pressure configuration, turning every gap in the case into a dust inlet (and clogging the inside of the filter with dust). The only valid configurations for dust management here are with the fans set up in an intake configuration.

Regarding the height of the nubs, I'd recommend testing everything under the sun with regards to thermals and airflow when you get your 120mm prototype in including pressure levels, simulating dust flow, and testing which heights nub heights will provide the most effective airflow.

The 120mm prototype will be your last chance to catch anything you potentially missed during design. The number of people worrying about thermals will only increase once your product is finalized, so minimize the concerns now during the prototype stage while you still can.

Unrelated note, but did you ever get a chance to look at the feasibility of increasing rad clearance? Those extra few mm would also help component airflow and ease of installation.

I was double checking some of the measurements of my parts compared the the specifications you list, and noticed the 120mm AIO width is a hard limit, having only 120mm of clearance. Looking back in the forum posts from earlier this month, I remembered you guys said that this was set in stone as it was a function of the chassis. However, limiting your clearance to exactly 120mm cuts the number of compatible AIOs down fairly significantly.

For most people building an aesthetics focused SFF rig where the AIO is visible, options matter a lot, and a lot of LED focused AIOs and premium custom blocks have slightly oversized radiators. The Ryuo was mentioned earlier at 122mm, and I think this (or possibly 124mm) is a good sweet spot for fitting the vast majority of premium coolers.

This case is first and foremost about aesthetics, and limiting your choices of premium AIOs because of 1-2 mm of clearance seems kind of silly (as a hobbyist case modder this is the kind of thing I would break out the dremel for).

Edit: In regards to how to accomplish this without changing the front pillars, would it not be possible to simply add 1m to the outer wall thickness and then cut 1mm of the inner thickness up until the front pillars (i.e. have a small lip on the inside where the rest of the case meets the pillars)? This would require a simple tweak to the front and back panels of the internal frame, just to extend the edges by 1mm.

Reactions: QuantumBraced