Prototype Ultra-Minimalist Passive cooled 5.7L (305mm x 170mm x 105mm)

Would $250 + Shipping for this case without a PSU sound like a good price?

• Total voters

bloodsprite

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 5, 2020
Hay I made this because I wanted it desperately to exist; was wondering what others think? Is it something others want as well?

I wanted a computer for having multiple virtual machines to replicate multiple server environments when computer programming, and taking to programmer/hacker events; but I hate the non-upgradability of laptops, and the crazy price of laptops when they have a high number of cores/high amount of RAM compared to desktops. Also once you go passive everything else sounds like a jet engine, so I wanted it passive as well.

So I worked the math for calculating the heat for a passive 65W 8 core 64 GB machine; and looked for heat exchanges that where exactly 170mm wide; and this is what I made!
Planned it to fit in Camera carrying backpack with all those Velcro dividers, with 60% keyboard, mouse, power brick, battery pack, and portable monitor(s).

So yeah, not really a game machine, a GPU would have to be on a Riser cable and attached to the acrylic front with some new holes... Or maybe only attached when home? (just think of it as ultra modular)

Video with Lights Off
Video with Lights On