Time for my first SFF! Big city considerations...

dpyro

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jan 12, 2020
As much fun as the big city is, there's very little personal space. I also have constraints that didn't exist when I was living at home:

Space: Of course the less, the better.
Portability: Needs to fit into a carry-on bag. This is so I can both fly with it and move apartments.
Maintenance: Minimal tooling and easy to replace things. Replacement parts or modifications should actually be purchasable.
Noise: Quiet when idling or playing a movie, ideally fanless. When playing games or doing work it shouldn't be loud or distracting.
Connectivity: Wifi, Bluetooth, USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2

I plan on undervolting the CPU and GPU to cut down thermal output and noise. This is my first SFF build so I'd appreciate a build check. Thanks! ?

Planned:
  • Sliger SM580 with a handle and dust filters: I'm thinking vented on the GPU side and window on the CPU side to lower noise and have 1 less dust filter to clean.
  • Ryzen 3950X (basically a better binning of the 3900X so should have slightly lower TDP)
  • Asus Strix X570-I ITX AM4 motherboard: Can fall back to wifi if needed. Could I get away with a X470 or B450 board here?
  • 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 memory
  • EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 GPU (already have this)
  • Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD (already have this)
  • Intel 660p 2TB M.2 SSD
  • Corsair SF 600W PSU
  • Kraken X62 Rev 2 280mm AIO (are there other compatible 280mm solutions?)
  • 4x Noctua 140mm fans (2 rad & 2 bottom)