Cooling Review: Thermalright AXP90-X36 - new 36mm cooler

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Thanks a lot for the review! :thumb:
The temp difference is within margin of errors, but that's very nice to see such a competitor to the L9a that is even shorter by 1mm!

Results should be consistent to what you get, but the cooling could be improved a little bit with the fan at exhaust.
That's at least what I experienced with the IS-47K and the Z39 coolers in small cases.
It's possible that there is less air re-circulation with an exhaust setup, with a bonus that no hot air is blown towards the RAM whatever the fins orientation.

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thanks a lot for the review! :thumb:
The temp difference is within margin of errors, but that's very nice to see such a competitor to the L9a that is even shorter by 1mm!

Results should be consistent to what you get, but the cooling could be improved a little bit with the fan at exhaust.
That's at least what I experienced with the IS-47K and the Z39 coolers in small cases.
It's possible that there is less air re-circulation with an exhaust setup, with a bonus that no hot air is blown towards the RAM whatever the fins orientation.
I will get the Z39 for testing in the next weeks...really looking forward to test and compare. :) Guess the biggest benefit with the AM4 mount is the RAM temperature.