Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Lohki

What's an ITX?
Apr 9, 2019
Beware, I received my case last week, 6 months after I placed my order which supposed to be delivered in Jan. Moreover upon delivery you only receive shipping docs from exertis CapTech and guys from Louqe are refusing to issue an invoice so I have no fiscal proof of purchase.

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
Ordered on Mar. 27. Got tracking number today( April. 9), and estimated delivery is on Friday, April 12 in the US.

Reactions: rfarmer

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
Ordered March 8th and my case is coming in today.

EDIT: Unboxed the case, everything is in perfect condition and the panels are straight. Haven't built in it yet but so far I'm really digging the Limestone + Nickel grill.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

admirerden

Cable Smoosher
Apr 4, 2019
I'm also waiting for Ghost S1 delivery (ordered March 29, 2019). Meanwhile, I've built my components in NZXT H200. This case is so big that I hardly can tell the difference between it and any standard ATX chassis! (Too big for SSF in my opinion.) Can't wait for my Ghost S1.

I know my specs are far from top, but it's enough for me at this moment:
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • Asus ROG Strix H370-i Gaming
  • Asus GTX 1080 Turbo (blower-style is good for Ghost S1, right?)
  • Core i5 8400 2.8 GHz
  • Noctua HN-L12S
  • Crucial 16GB 2666 MHz VLP
  • Samsung EVO 970 500 GB NVMe M.2
  • Samsung 840 Series 128 GB SSD
  • WD Black 1TB HDD
  • Asus Aura LED Strip 30cm
I'm going to add one more Crucial memory module a bit later. And one more Samsung EVO 970 for RAID 0 instead of WD 1TB. I know Noctua HN-L12S doesn't fit well in Ghost S1, but my VLP memory module will let me using that 120mm cooler in the case. Also wanted to note that Corsair SF750's cables are too short for H200, but I managed somehow to connect everything (it was hard and I was afraid of accidental damages).

Temporary build in all its glory:

Last edited:

loopaddiction

Cable Smoosher
Dec 4, 2018
So I received my RMA replacement chassis today and I can say besides the constant delays, both from the original order and RMA request, Louqe handled the RMA reasonably well. I had some cosmetic defects on my original case, but this replacement seems to be perfect. If I was in a rush to complete my build, I'd probably be alot less enthusiastic. Overall though, if you can stomach the inevitable wait, the S1 is totally worth it in the end. I also have Dan's A4-SFX and IMO, both of these cases are heads and shoulders above every other ultra-compact, fully-featured ITX cases out there when it comes to quality and aesthetics. I'm a stickler for attention-to-detail and the S1 is quite beautiful when closely analyzed.

BTW, I haven't really kept up with actual builds in this thread but can the S1 reasonably handle AMD's 105W Ryzen CPU's (stock clocked) with air-cooling & no radiators? I know the Dan Case requires a custom fan duct with Noctua's low-profile CPU cooler. I'm personally waiting for AMD to announce their upcoming Ryzen 2 CPU's, and preferably would like to use a 3700 or 3700X, assuming AMD sticks with their naming conventions/TDP ratings. A 12c/24t (rumored) in this form factor would be an amazing combination.

xfstop

What's an ITX?
Apr 12, 2019
I could not find a concrete answer on this issue -- I'm looking to build my first SFFPC, have picked the ghost as my case. I'm not in a rush at the moment (planning to build around June). I see that the previous batch had an 'Arctic White' color but there is no such option now, the closest seems to be limestone which seems similar to a macbook's silver/white. I did see some mention that the white color had some anodization issues, is that confirmed on why it's not an option in batch 2? Does anyone know if it will ever be an option again?

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Apr 12, 2019
I just saw the price went up to EUR 269 - add shipping & its above USD 300
I would have thought increase in volume would bring down the unit cost - lol

Is this case worth that much ?? :)

WTF - I just noticed this as well and wanted to see if I was the only one. I emailed them to see if this price is for all the markets and whether shipping is included. 320 euros for a case and a top hat without shipping is excessive. Id understand it if they changed the case in some way but its the same piece of aluminium as before.

I was going back and forth between the Ncase M1 and the Ghost S1 and this was the final push for me to get the Ncase.

Reactions: kviker

lexrj

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
Selling mine that I received today (4/12) but no longer need it, box still unopened and it it's limestone color with no top hat.