iPad Pro LTE 2018 - $1150
ThinkPad BT Keyboard - $70
Logitech MX Master - $50
Luna Display Dongle - $80
Twelve South Compass Pro - $50

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Nice setup, hope that iPad won't bend. Do you plan to add a small eGPU, like gigabyte's model?

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Neat-o. I've been looking at getting a Mac Mini for the media booth at my church (apps we use run much better on Mac). I figured that it might be prefereable to an iMac which I wouldn't be able to move around easily if I needed to work from home. Where'd you score the used deal?

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Neat-o. I've been looking at getting a Mac Mini for the media booth at my church (apps we use run much better on Mac). I figured that it might be prefereable to an iMac which I wouldn't be able to move around easily if I needed to work from home. Where'd you score the used deal?

I was lucky on reddit. But it sounds you might only need an i3 one.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Hmm, maybe. I saw they were offering six core i5 variants and wanted to jump on that for futureproofing if we use the machine to get into video and audio processing. I do have some budget to work with. You may be the first person I've seen using one in the wild.
I was lucky on reddit. But it sounds you might only need an i3 one.

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Hmm, maybe. I saw they were offering six core i5 variants and wanted to jump on that for futureproofing if we use the machine to get into video and audio processing. I do have some budget to work with. You may be the first person I've seen using one in the wild.

if you are doing video and audio processing, from my experience FCPX runs mostly off the GPU you'll have to get a TB3 Enclosure with an AMD GPU but this is a good thing because you are moving heat away from the system. Not sure on the Audio side though.

Reactions: annasoh323