Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Navy8or

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2019
Alright fellas, I need some technical help. So I'm doing a custom loop in my sm570, and I chose to go with Alphacool's systems. Basically I have a GPU block/pump and a cpu block/pump in the same loop. Only problem is that my X570-I brilliantly only comes with two fan headers (one CPU fan and one SYS1 fan). This has been fine so far, but now I have two pumps that need to be powered, and the manual says not to connect them to one header via a Y-splitter because it could damage the system. I also have a Phanteks 8 fan controller (powered via the psu) that can use a mobo fan header as an input to control the fans. Do you think it's reasonable to have the cpu pump connected to the cpu header like it is now and then plugging the gpu pump into the fan controller along with the other 4 case fans?

The other option would be to plug the cpu pump into the cpu header, the gpu into the sys1 header, and then leave the fan controller as a standalone unit. It comes with a manual controller to set fan speed at silent (40%), balanced (70%), or performance (100%). I'd rather it all be automatic and me not have to worry about choosing a fan profile, but this build is a challenge and may come with some sacrifices. I understand that. Any other ideas (including other parts that would help) would be great.

Build:

SM750
Ryzen 3700
NVIDIA 2080 Super
Alphacool Eisbaer LT (CPU pump)
Alphacool Eiswolf (GPU pump)
Alphacool 240mm radiator up top
XSPC TX120 20mm thick radiator (under psu, 90mm fan using Sliger adapter)
3x Noctua NF-F12 fans
1x Noctua NF-A9x14
Phanteks Universal Fan Controller (mounted in front section of case
SF750 Platinum

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Any chance on getting a UK or Europe Distributor? Interested in either SM580 or 570!

They are very reasonably priced but when they will potentially get slapped with custom charges it becomes a bit less attractive.

Working on getting Density.sk up and running with products, he is based in Slovakia. His first shipment is this week, so hopefully not long until available from him.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Working on getting Density.sk up and running with products, he is based in Slovakia. His first shipment is this week, so hopefully not long until available from him.

This is great!!! I had diminissed the idea of buying the cerberus becuse with shipping and everything it was almost 450 euros to ship to spain!

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Alright fellas, I need some technical help. So I'm doing a custom loop in my sm570, and I chose to go with Alphacool's systems. Basically I have a GPU block/pump and a cpu block/pump in the same loop. Only problem is that my X570-I brilliantly only comes with two fan headers (one CPU fan and one SYS1 fan). This has been fine so far, but now I have two pumps that need to be powered, and the manual says not to connect them to one header via a Y-splitter because it could damage the system. I also have a Phanteks 8 fan controller (powered via the psu) that can use a mobo fan header as an input to control the fans. Do you think it's reasonable to have the cpu pump connected to the cpu header like it is now and then plugging the gpu pump into the fan controller along with the other 4 case fans?

The other option would be to plug the cpu pump into the cpu header, the gpu into the sys1 header, and then leave the fan controller as a standalone unit. It comes with a manual controller to set fan speed at silent (40%), balanced (70%), or performance (100%). I'd rather it all be automatic and me not have to worry about choosing a fan profile, but this build is a challenge and may come with some sacrifices. I understand that. Any other ideas (including other parts that would help) would be great.

Build:

SM750
Ryzen 3700
NVIDIA 2080 Super
3x Noctua NF-F12 fans
1x Noctua NF-A9x14
SF750 Platinum

I'd recommend getting a Corsair Commander Pro. One added benefit, other than getting more control over your fans/pumps, is never having to worry about how many fan headers a motherboard comes with.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hello, I have a question, do you need additional brackets to mount aio 240 coolers on top?

No, the case will include the subtop bracket that can be removed with 4x screws. This bracket has obround cutouts for mounting AIOs, fans, or HDD brackets.

If you did already order and somehow it is not in your case please email us ASAP at support@sliger.com.

Build:

SM750
Ryzen 3700
NVIDIA 2080 Super
3x Noctua NF-F12 fans
1x Noctua NF-A9x14
SF750 Platinum

I would go with something like this: https://www.newegg.com/p/376-001Y-00003 as it takes the PWM signal off the Sysfan but power off of the PSU.

Reactions: CountNoctua

tyhma

What's an ITX?
Aug 20, 2019
This is great news! I was just about to order a temporary 50€ case and dremel it to fit my 3 slot GPU. I'll build in a cardboard box instead for now.

How are the temperatures on a Ryzen 3700X on air coolers like NH-L9 in SM560? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the SM580 instead and use an AIO cooler if it works better/quieter.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
This is great news! I was just about to order a temporary 50€ case and dremel it to fit my 3 slot GPU. I'll build in a cardboard box instead for now.

How are the temperatures on a Ryzen 3700X on air coolers like NH-L9 in SM560? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the SM580 instead and use an AIO cooler if it works better/quieter.

~65C during full burn in 100% load, be sure to put bottom fans to exhaust. SM580 is a great choice if in the next few years you upgrade to a 3900X or 3950X etc. as the SM560 will be difficult to get to work with higher TDP CPUs.

Springs113

Case Bender
Aug 19, 2019
Im in the market for the sm580. Im really keen on getting the dtx board from Asus but know that there might be clearance issues. How much space remaining after installing a regular itx mobo to the top of the case?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Im in the market for the sm580. Im really keen on getting the dtx board from Asus but know that there might be clearance issues. How much space remaining after installing a regular itx mobo to the top of the case?

Mini dtx is 170mm x 203mm, vs 170mm square for mini ITX. So you will lose about 33mm of the 580s 72mm (left with 39mm) would be my guess.

Reactions: Springs113

amos_yoder

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2019
Has anyone put a PCIe 4.0 GPU like a 5700xt in one yet? The riser is listed as a PCIe 3.0 riser cable but it's the exact same pin out right?

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I have been able to get my temps down to 77C for single core performance and 79C for multicore performance in Cinebench R20.

Before (88W PPT in bios):
- Single Core: 484 at 77C
- Multi Core: 4834 at 95C

After (88W PPT and 50A EDC in bios)
- Single Core: 491 at 77C
- Multi Core: 4366 at 79C

A 10.5% decrease in multi core performance for a 16C drop in thermals!

Reactions: CountNoctua

Syrob82

Efficiency Noob
Aug 4, 2019
FRIENDS AND FRIENDS, I HAVE QUESTION there is a big difference in temperature between a and 240 and 280mm. I don't know whether to order h100i platinum se or Kraken x62 v2 by force.
I ask for advice.