Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Do you have an extra or additional vented panel?semi passive works best with unvented and windowed panels
I have 2x window and 1x vented.

edit: idling at the bios screen at 38C, I think it should be okay. Just need to fix the PSU cables rubbing a bit on the fans (and think about getting custom cables at some point)

Last edited:

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
Yay, package received my SM580 yesterday and PC assembled. Took me hours but the result is gorgeous! (1 vented on the GPU + 1 window on mobo). Building in there without custom cables will be a PITA as it's not necessarily easy with it...

jinghao

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
Yay, package received my SM580 yesterday and PC assembled. Took me hours but the result is gorgeous! (1 vented on the GPU + 1 window on mobo). Building in there without custom cables will be a PITA as it's not necessarily easy with it...
How long have you been from payment to ship?

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
How long have you been from payment to ship?
1- Order day 1, may I say minute 1 :D, so, back to the 4th of july.
2- Shipping on the 2nd of August (lots of delays mentioned in this thread, everything should be back to normal now).
3- At my door on the 5th of august.

SirisLeOsiris

Cable Smoosher
Jul 28, 2019
I see what you're saying, thanks.

So, pretty much the only X570 board that's best for the SM570 will be the Gigabyte Aorus given that I want to use the SATA ports of the board in the future, right? The ASRock board SATA ports are not accessible based on some comments here.
Correct, though the Asus board is rumored to be out this month sometime.
I have the gigabyte X570-I, fan is fine and SATA ports are easily accessible.
For me the Asrock only having 1 M.2 was the real killer though.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Correct, though the Asus board is rumored to be out this month sometime.
I have the gigabyte X570-I, fan is fine and SATA ports are easily accessible.
For me the Asrock only having 1 M.2 was the real killer though.
Right but from what I'm reading the VRM of the Asus board would be lower in quality? And Asus being Asus would make the board more expensive than the competing boards?

@KSliger ?. There are approximate dates for the publication of user manual for sm580?
I didn't know that. So all Sliger casrs have manuals?

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
1- Order day 1, may I say minute 1 :D, so, back to the 4th of july.
2- Shipping on the 2nd of August (lots of delays mentioned in this thread, everything should be back to normal now).
3- At my door on the 5th of august.

Jeez, and here I was concerned about not having heard anything in a week lol. Guess I've got some waiting to do.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Jeez, and here I was concerned about not having heard anything in a week lol. Guess I've got some waiting to do.

I ordered SM560 on the 26th of June, and Jack let me know that the expected ship date will be today or tomorrow. I think the 580/570s might be a bit slower to ship? At least it seems that way

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I ordered SM560 on the 26th of June, and Jack let me know that the expected ship date will be today or tomorrow. I think the 580/570s might be a bit slower to ship? At least it seems that way

I ordered a Cerberus-X, and from what Ksliger has said earlier in the thread those shouldn't be impacted as heavily by the current workload/delays. Hopefully I'll get a tracking number soon. The case is the last thing I need for my next build and my 3900X and 2080 Ti are just sitting there staring at me every night lol.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I have a 3700x and don't plan on overclocking much if at all. If it doesn't work, I'll get a different fan, I have a vented side panel just in case. Finishing the build tonight, then installing Windows tomorrow, hoping I can get some decent temps.

Did that alternative side IO panel ever get released? I'd love to be able to use the USB-C port, even if it's at reduced speeds.
Best of luck to you. I had to disable boost altogether on my 2700x and set a low voltage for it to work passive mode. Then it becomes, how loud do you want your case fans because they are responsible for the cooling. So far, my 3700x has been harder to cool than my 2700x but that may change a little with bios updates hopefully.

Reactions: CountNoctua

dfsaqwe

Cable Smoosher
Jun 12, 2019

Found this posted on reddit by user Tripler52, his pump reservoir setup looks like it could work really well for SM570/580.

link to the thread?

and is that two pumps?

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Also if anyone is online right now let me know how you popped off the top panel because I have all the screws out and it's not budging

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Also if anyone is online right now let me know how you popped off the top panel because I have all the screws out and it's not budging

The panel itself has a bunch of screws on all sides that you have to remove first and then you can pull it off.
The bracket underneath the top panel pops right off.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
There are 6-10 screws (2 in front, 2 in back, 2-6 on the sides) to remove before you can remove the top sub-assembly. I can’t remember exactly how many on each side you have to remove to get the top sub-assembly off.

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
There are 6-10 screws (2 in front, 2 in back, 2-6 on the sides) to remove before you can remove the top sub-assembly. I can’t remember exactly how many on each side you have to remove to get the top sub-assembly off.
Thanks it turns out it's in there real tight, it's now off