Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
PS: for anyone considering the new AsRock X570 ITX motherboard - the sata slots are directly facing the power supply in sandwich configurations; therefore adding more than just one M.2 drive is not possible. I ordered a low profile SATA cable to see if it just might fit, but I'm not hopeful.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
The question may seem silly but my PC is sitting on the right hand side, I'll be seeing the GPU side then, which is vented, could have been worse.

On the MB side I'll have all my RGB stuff visible through a window panel, which will be facing the wall, pity right? Is there a way to swap the sides by changing the central spine or a workaround like that?

Easy solution is to put my PC on the left side, well, that would force me to redo all the cable routing...

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
PS: for anyone considering the new AsRock X570 ITX motherboard - the sata slots are directly facing the power supply in sandwich configurations; therefore adding more than just one M.2 drive is not possible. I ordered a low profile SATA cable to see if it just might fit, but I'm not hopeful.
I don't remember where I got them from, but I have some low profile right-angled SATA cables that work, but it's definitely a tight fit. If you can find cables that'll fit, you'll only be able to use two out of the four slots.

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
I don't remember where I got them from, but I have some low profile right-angled SATA cables that work, but it's definitely a tight fit. If you can find cables that'll fit, you'll only be able to use two out of the four slots.

I'm gonna try this one - looks about as small as it can get.

Penguln

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2019
I stayed up to late... I'm way to tired this morning haha... anyways, so how I got the radiator (Corsair H115i RGB Platinum) to fit was I put the part with the hoses facing the front of the case, then I used the middle and back mounting screws (6) and didn't put anything in the front. I left the screws loose till i slid the bracket where i wanted, tightened it down and fastened it on. Not going to lie, it took about 45 min of guess and check to get it lined up right so it would fit.

I took some very rushed and bad pics this morning. When I get home tonight I'll get some better ones.

Please go into as much detail in text and pictures as you can. I was planning to either use my h100i pro or bring the case panels and h115i platinum to work and mill it until it cleared. Others would appreciate it as well since it is one of the most popular coolers. Guess it's time to order 2 more noctua a14.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
The SF600 Platinum comes with some Corsair-branded velcro ties. I was able to wrap up my cables and arrange them in a way where I did not need a grill on my fan. It's still tight and required some trial and error on my part but I'm pretty happy with the results.
And they're individually sleeved which I thought would help a lot when dealing with ITX cases? Am I missing something here?

I'm not following. How do the SATA ports related to "adding more than just one M.2 drive"? The ASRock X570 ITX board only has one M.2 drive slot anyway. Sorry, I'm confused.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Got it, thanks for clarifying.

This doesn't happen with the gigabyte board does it? I'm still undecided which one between the two to buy. Any suggestions?

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
@BrucDan
I was a bit worried about damaging the RAM slot on the motherboard... I've had SATA connectors detach from mobo's in the past.
Fortunately the cables tend to stay bent and you can connect them to the front panel like in the picture below.

Also, for those wondering, you can fit a 3mm NVME heatsink on the back of the Gigabyte x570-I and one fit underneath the fan on the front as well. They stay very cool and so far the chipset/VRMs seem fine. I still have to try some stress testing/games, so far it's just been large AutoCAD files with PBO on.

Here are a few links to pictures... side, side panel off, other side panel off

Theres also a new bios for the Gigabyte X570-i

EDIT: Also does anyone have any carrying-case recommendations? Like how to protect the glass, or vertical vs horizontal orientation inside a bag. I may put it in the rear seat and use a seatbelt.

Last edited:

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Does anyone know if the in box cooler for a 3700X will fit in a SM550 when the fan/shroud has been removed? I don't see it in the specs page, but the CPU hadn't released when the product page went up. No measuring tape and the mobo doesn't arrive until Friday. Need to know if I have to order a cooler ASAP to complete the build.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Does anyone know if the in box cooler for a 3700X will fit in a SM550 when the fan/shroud has been removed? I don't see it in the specs page, but the CPU hadn't released when the product page went up. No measuring tape and the mobo doesn't arrive until Friday. Need to know if I have to order a cooler ASAP to complete the build.

You definitely will need a different cooler. Wraith prism is 96mm, SM series CPU cooler height is limited to 55mm. I don't think removing shroud will be enough

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@crag the compatibility list is on the store page. It won't fit as it's too high.
@kevindd992002 Not sure as I don't use sata ports anymore. I don't think any of the stock coolers will fit the asrock board though.
They took too many liberties for me with the single m.2 slot and the intel mounting system and the huge board for the chipset fan. I also don't have any tb devices.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Got my SM580! Everything looks to be perfect condition after its journey across the country; they did a good job packing and padding everything. :)

"Chocolate Bar" paint turned out just a little darker than I was hoping (which I knew it might, as just looking at Prismatic's or any other paint website won't give you an idea of what it looks like on actual metal, display calibration aside) since I was going for closer to Noctua brown - a lightly smoked tint, tempered side panel would likely make the Noctua brown match... potential future mod? - but it actually looks more subtle and elegant than I thought it would; it's more of a not-too-glossy greyish brown, and they did a good job applying it. Wouldn't be a bad standard option; reminds me a bit of Fiat's "magnetico bronze" paint, and is also fairly close to my chocolate Tofu keyboard case. Sexy chocolately. ? Very happy with how it looks, and the build quality and size is perfect.

I'll post pictures this weekend, as I have a camera coming in - my cheap cameraphone wouldn't do it justice, anyway, especially not in normal indoor lighting - after build is done.

Last edited:

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
I stayed up to late... I'm way to tired this morning haha... anyways, so how I got the radiator (Corsair H115i RGB Platinum) to fit was I put the part with the hoses facing the front of the case, then I used the middle and back mounting screws (6) and didn't put anything in the front. I left the screws loose till i slid the bracket where i wanted, tightened it down and fastened it on. Not going to lie, it took about 45 min of guess and check to get it lined up right so it would fit.

I took some very rushed and bad pics this morning. When I get home tonight I'll get some better ones.

Looks interesting, did you not have interference from the ball joints? Heard people said the ball joints hit the rad from the front and the side. @cmill

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
Please go into as much detail in text and pictures as you can. I was planning to either use my h100i pro or bring the case panels and h115i platinum to work and mill it until it cleared. Others would appreciate it as well since it is one of the most popular coolers. Guess it's time to order 2 more noctua a14.

There isn't much more detail you need than that. The part for me that made it not fit was the placement of the radiator in the bracket. Physically, the radiator fits just fine. The trick is just to align things so that it fits, then put the screws in... I'd recommend starting with the middle 4 screws, adjust things where it looks like it'll work then give it a try.

Here are more pics