Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
I'd like to echo what others have said. Love the updates and quality from KSliger and everyone there. Keep product quality up and maintain solid communication and everything will be golden. We're all purchasing a luxury good made in small batches by a small and passionate company - takes a certain type. I love supporting people and places that operate like this.

Can't wait for my SM580!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger , when I ordered my case with 19pin connector for the AMD X570 ITX boards, it came out to be "single 20-pin connector" during checkout. I have tried thus multiple times and it's always the same thing. Is this a typo or something?

I also wanted to know about the same thing as I'll probably go with the H110 Pro for the SM570.

When we send out the cables you will get the 19 pin. Some reason I put 20-pin on the backend name (Durrr, will fix).

All AIOs for the SM570 are fine, no issues on anything SM570 (it's a radiator length problem that only affects 280mm AIOs)

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
When we send out the cables you will get the 19 pin. Some reason I put 20-pin on the backend name (Durrr, will fix).

All AIOs for the SM570 are fine, no issues on anything SM570 (it's a radiator length problem that only affects 280mm AIOs)

Ok, that's good to know! So for my specific case with a 240mm on top, which airflow between top to bottom or bottom to top would give better temps?

I need to know so that I can buy either the top panel or bottom panel fan filter from Demciflex.

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
@KSliger I know youre super busy right now, so I can be patient, but maybe my question got buried beneath everything else - about 2.5 slot GPUs in the SM550. I listed a couple that are 49-50 mm wide that might work, but unsure. If you are too busy I understand! This is a good problem for you to have right now! Thanks for all the hardwork!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ok, that's good to know! So for my specific case with a 240mm on top, which airflow between top to bottom or bottom to top would give better temps?

I need to know so that I can buy either the top panel or bottom panel fan filter from Demciflex.

Top to bottom will give slightly better CPU temps, bottom to top will give slightly better GPU temps.

I think for dust protection with Demicfilter the bottom as intake and top as exhaust is the best option. Bottom filter is very out of sight / out of mind and easy to drop off and clean.

@KSliger I know youre super busy right now, so I can be patient, but maybe my question got buried beneath everything else - about 2.5 slot GPUs in the SM550. I listed a couple that are 49-50 mm wide that might work, but unsure. If you are too busy I understand! This is a good problem for you to have right now! Thanks for all the hardwork!

Do you have the specific model? I can check.

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Top to bottom will give slightly better CPU temps, bottom to top will give slightly better GPU temps.

I think for dust protection with Demicfilter the bottom as intake and top as exhaust is the best option. Bottom filter is very out of sight / out of mind and easy to drop off and clean.

Do you have the specific model? I can check.

You actually just emailed me! I'm Justin. thanks for the reply. So my mother board question is answered. I need the standard 19 pin for my intel board. For the GPU's I was looking at: I’m looking at the Gigabye 2080ti gaming OC versus any of the MSI Duke 2080tis (all right at 50mm wide) vs either of the Zotac amp extreme 2080ti’s.

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Don't let the H115i thing get you guys down, the 580 is an amazing case! With the 3900X and 2080ti I'm seeing CPU temps at 65 and GPU temps at 71 while gaming (with both vented panels). It looks great doing it too!

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Don't let the H115i thing get you guys down, the 580 is an amazing case! With the 3900X and 2080ti I'm seeing CPU temps at 65 and GPU temps at 71 while gaming (with both vented panels). It looks great doing it too!

are you running the CAM software?

Mrkhesin

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2018

What motherboards you use?
And how many fans in bottom?

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018

Do you have plans on buying filters for the panels?

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Yes to CAM, it's garbage, but I have it set to an aggressive fan/pump curve based on the fluid temp. Works well enough until they fix the cpu temp reporting. Although since the fluid temp responds to instantaneous heat loads slower, it also keeps everything from revving up and down all the time, so I might leave it.

Mobo: Gigabyte x570 i aorus
fans: 2x noctua chromax in the bottom. Have them plugged into the AIO fan spider for convenience, but that seems to work pretty well all things considered.

Not planning to get filters, I don't mind blowing it out once in awhile.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Good Morning.

KSliger replied to my query by PM and will pay me the amount paid since they do not know how to solve the problem to install the Corsair H115i. They recognize the error and the problems they are having.
He has apologized just as he has done here publicly.

Yesterday talk with a friend , he has same Corsair H115i than me and we commented incompatibility for a long resolution and he was cancelled too... I think that there are a lot of people with same problem...

Thanks to @KSliger for answer very soon to the issue.

but if squared off corners are all that is stopping the panel from attaching, im sure there can be a quick mod if youre really into tinkering with the case.
When you buy a car, do you want it to work and start the first day or do you want to put it in the workshop to use it?

Regards

Last edited:

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
That might work....

But you are going to quickly start running out of room between the AIO and the mobo

With everything that runs through there, I have fan grills coming already. Only did a half way job on cable management though because I'm leaving for quakecon on tuesday and need to make sure everything is working.

I'll probably end up tearing it all apart afterwards and redoing it now that I know how everything fits together. So far so good though, temps seem fine with various stress tests.

Later, but maybe the solution is this change... Move some cms down clip

God luck

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
When you buy a car, do you want it to work and start the first day or do you want to put it in the workshop to use it?

I actually did so... and I do plan to mod the case a bit. but im glad you got your problem addressed and good luck with your quest for a case

Yes to CAM, it's garbage, but I have it set to an aggressive fan/pump curve based on the fluid temp. Works well enough until they fix the cpu temp reporting. Although since the fluid temp responds to instantaneous heat loads slower, it also keeps everything from revving up and down all the time, so I might leave it.

Mobo: Gigabyte x570 i aorus
fans: 2x noctua chromax in the bottom. Have them plugged into the AIO fan spider for convenience, but that seems to work pretty well all things considered.

Not planning to get filters, I don't mind blowing it out once in awhile.

what makes it garbage exactly?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
You actually just emailed me! I'm Justin. thanks for the reply. So my mother board question is answered. I need the standard 19 pin for my intel board. For the GPU's I was looking at: I’m looking at the Gigabye 2080ti gaming OC versus any of the MSI Duke 2080tis (all right at 50mm wide) vs either of the Zotac amp extreme 2080ti’s.
I would have a look at the Strix as well.

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
I know some people have been discussing ventilation etc... hot air does rise, but slowly, and forced air goes in the direction of the fans following the enclosed space. However any change in direction or obstacle in its way slows it down, so exhausting air out the bottom will result in somewhat slow moving air all around the case, which might get re-circulated back through the top, if in a room with stagnant air anyway. If you're doing that I would place it in-between the supply air vent and the return for the room to get cross ventilation.

Exhausting out the top will throw the hot air away from the case and let it continue rising up and away.

Also, has anyone tried putting the NZXT logo right-side up, with the hoses at the back? Are they too short?

Last edited:

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Also, has anyone tried putting the NZXT logo right-side up, with the hoses at the back? Are they too short?

That's sort of what I'm wondering with the Corsair H100i I was planning to use in my 580- most builds/pictures of the 570/580 have the AIO hoses coming out on the left, nearest the memory. Is there any reason you couldn't orient the AIO so that the logo is right side up with the hoses coming out towards the right towards the back plate and just winding them up to the radiator? I'm guessing that's just a question of tube length/flexibility?