Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
To be fair, it's one brand that doesn't work, though unfortunately one of the more popular CLC brands. No different than when people tried the IDCOOLING IS-60, but it doesn't fit the 55mm space allowance.

Sliger was just trying to do us favor and release in time for Zen2. Can't blame him. He was communicative about the USB port issue, which some of us were willing to forego, me included. And he and fellow workers got sick, which really put him behind.
Are you saying the ID Cooling IS-60 has been tested and doesn't fit? even in the vented panel? The website says it is compatible, especially since it sits in side the 55mm CPU height requirement. Thanks if you have any info. I was about to order this cooler!

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
I also am curious, i have an Intel 8700k on an MSI Z390 gaming edge, and i'm almost certain i do not have that extra little connector and only have the standard 19 pin - which contradicts the advice on the order page since i do not have a Ryzen setup. Can anyone chime in a confirm? I know orders are currently suspended, but was going to choose the single 19 pin option anyways even though i don't have Ryzen....

Basically pick whichever your board supports. Just about every board supports 19 pin, but not every board supports the special USB C 3.2 header.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Are you saying the ID Cooling IS-60 has been tested and doesn't fit? even in the vented panel? The website says it is compatible, especially since it sits in side the 55mm CPU height requirement. Thanks if you have any info. I was about to order this cooler!

There were some guys on the sffpc subreddit that said it doesn't fit, even with flat head screws, with a vented panel. Could work with fan clips, but I'm not 100% certain.

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
There were some guys on the sffpc subreddit that said it doesn't fit, even with flat head screws, with a vented panel. Could work with fan clips, but I'm not 100% certain.
i'm wondering you swapped out the fan with the screws and tossed a Noctua 15 mm on it if it would work...thanks for your reply. Ill check that thread.

Polski03

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
The ASRock x570 itx motherboard is available for preorder on newegg for anyone interested. It costs $239.99 and has 3 fan headers however, it only has 1 m.2 slot

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
WE ARE HOLDING ALL SHIPMENTS / PRODUCTION FOR 48 HOURS (ALL SM MODELS)

This has turned into a disaster here as far as our shipment process. I can understand what Loque got into with falling behind and the orders do not stop coming in, and everything goes to hell. We cannot properly execute while trying to rush out orders while training new people - too many mistakes have happened. Leaving things out of orders, shipping wrong items, etc. that we cannot let continue to happen.

Sincere apologies to everyone who has not gotten tracking. If you would like to cancel let us know, but I am not going to ship wrong and rushed items going to you, that is unacceptable.

Next time you should keep in mind that your cases are awesome when you plan for capacity ;). Will this impact all sales or just the SM series? I'm likely buying a Cerberus X in the next week or two.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Screw version apparently is trouble, but then again the guy who said he had screw version and it didn't fit was also using a custom IHS on his CPU?

Clip version is confirmed to work from a email chain I have.

Next time you should keep in mind that your cases are awesome when you plan for capacity ;). Will this impact all sales or just the SM series? I'm likely buying a Cerberus X in the next week or two.

Sold almost 5x as many as I thought I would in a best case scenario, then the coupon kicked the 550/560 sales to insanity as well.

Cerberus and Cerberus X are also impacted, but should be sorted out much easier as we have all the processes and training in place for those.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Screw version apparently is trouble, but then again the guy who said he had screw version and it didn't fit was also using a custom IHS on his CPU?

Clip version is confirmed to work from a email chain I have.

Sold almost 5x as many as I thought I would in a best case scenario, then the coupon kicked the 550/560 sales to insanity as well.

Cerberus and Cerberus X are also impacted, but should be sorted out much easier as we have all the processes and training in place for those.

That's good to know.

You must be proud and happy of your hard work! To think you said you only had 100 SM570 and 100 SM580 ready to go for launch, alongside the coupon sale at the same time. Yeah, I'm sure it knocked your socks off. Crack open a beer, start fresh tomorrow!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
That's good to know.

You must be proud and happy of your hard work! To think you said you only had 100 SM570 and 100 SM580 ready to go for launch, alongside the coupon sale at the same time. Yeah, I'm sure it knocked your socks off. Crack open a beer, start fresh tomorrow!

Trust me that beer was drank. I love this community, kind words mean a lot when under this much stress - thank you!

Speaking of coupons, will there be other similar promotions soon enough?

Quakecon will have a coupon, maybe someone will leak it here or Reddit. Will be $15 off vs the $17.76.

Will be another coupon on Black Friday if you're super patient.

If the Corsair h115i doesn't fit the 580, does this mean the h100i rgb platinum probably doesn't fit the 570?

No issues with the 570 and any 240mm radiators.

You might have problems if you find a 240mm radiator that is >312mm long, at that length it might touch front ball stud. The h100 RGB is only 277mm.

It's only the square corner 280mm radiators in the 580.

I would be buying a 2020 Corvette with my case sales revenue lol.

Lol I wish; all going to equipment, tools, and other no fun stuff to make better cases.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
as for the front io connectors, on the sliger site it says that the 19 pin connector is recommended for ryzen. Why?

@KSliger , when I ordered my case with 19pin connector for the AMD X570 ITX boards, it came out to be "single 20-pin connector" during checkout. I have tried thus multiple times and it's always the same thing. Is this a typo or something?

If the Corsair h115i doesn't fit the 580, does this mean the h100i rgb platinum probably doesn't fit the 570?

I also wanted to know about the same thing as I'll probably go with the H110 Pro for the SM570.