Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Not sure why anyone would choose to preorder a case - particularly one that is a brand-new design - from a boutique vendor when he/she has deadlines to hit. Regardless of one's own definitions/expectations of "promise" or "assured", it makes very little sense to go with a new product in that scenario.

Reactions: Talyrius

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Not sure why anyone would choose to preorder a case - particularly one that is a brand-new design - from a boutique vendor when he/she has deadlines to hit. Regardless of one's own definitions/expectations of "promise" or "assured", it makes very little sense to go with a new product in that scenario.
I prefer dont answer you if this issue comes from other trademarks...

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Hey @JaPeMo I feel your pain, I bought that same AIO as well and now have to return it for a NZXT which seems to be an inferior cooler to the corsair. It’s annoying for sure, but like others have said it is what it is. We are early adopters and there’s always issues. Complaining won’t change anything. Sliger has said it will be fixed in a future revision, so you do have the option of going to the NZXT for now and switching down the line if it really bothers you. Otherwise as others have laid out you can ask for a refund and get something that’s actually in stock today.

If you had deadlines to hit, preordering a product without a real shipping date and without a single review is poor planning. Sorry to be so blunt but I would never risk the satisfaction of my clients on something so unstable. To be totally honest even when it arrives you might run into a new problem! We’re all here because it’s an exciting new product and we’re willing to wait and experiment. It comes with the territory.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
the corsair is better by a ~1 degree. according to Gamers Nexus for best flat out thermals out of the box. The nzxt x62, corsair 115i platinum, and the evga 280 clc are all within 1 degree of each other.
3:09 for the graph.

Reactions: Reebzy

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Hey @JaPeMo I feel your pain, I bought that same AIO as well and now have to return it for a NZXT which seems to be an inferior cooler to the corsair. It’s annoying for sure, but like others have said it is what it is. We are early adopters and there’s always issues. Complaining won’t change anything. Sliger has said it will be fixed in a future revision, so you do have the option of going to the NZXT for now and switching down the line if it really bothers you. Otherwise as others have laid out you can ask for a refund and get something that’s actually in stock today.

If you had deadlines to hit, preordering a product without a real shipping date and without a single review is poor planning. Sorry to be so blunt but I would never risk the satisfaction of my clients on something so unstable. To be totally honest even when it arrives you might run into a new problem! We’re all here because it’s an exciting new product and we’re willing to wait and experiment. It comes with the territory.

I agree with you in part and in some things in others not.

There have been delays due to production, shipments have been delayed for several reasons as I read in my private with @KSliger and read here publicly.

Yes, it is a new box, but deadlines were given and I can understand to some extent the delays and to some extent, problems that may arise with compatibilities.

Change to another AIO is not the only problem, it's not just the AIO, it's fans, commander pro, hub, etc ... we talk about more money than the box itself.
Trust the dimensions and the compatibilities that were said.

On the shipping is another question, because according to the private, a week ago they should have sent the orders and many are with the uncertainty of what happens with the orders.

My order comes to Spain and that takes a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks, and after imports + duana...

I've already contacted @KSliger to see what solution we found.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
the corsair is better by a ~1 degree. according to Gamers Nexus for best flat out thermals out of the box. The nzxt x62, corsair 115i platinum, and the evga 280 clc are all within 1 degree of each other.
3:09 for the graph.

Sorry but this review dont have a RGB Platinum, this is a revision with a new pump outside asetek.

The new Corsair H115i RGB Platinum is better than old versions...

I have a lot of hardware waiting to mount a new mod... More than 350€ in watercooling and now I cant install like I planning...

I like and I'm waiting from march this case... And from Jul 7th waiting have news about send to me... And today, it doesn't send and I know this issue...

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
That might work....

Hi, this photo is with H115i fixed at top of case? ?

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
1. IIRC this only affects some 480mm water-coolers in the 580. You really can't test for every single edge case, and literally it's the difference between having the fans on top vs. bottom of the radiator. Minor problem with an easy fix, that while a dB or two louder, arguably gives better aesthetics. I don't really understand your reservation against pull setups.

2: You pre-ordered a product from a small manufacturer with limited time, budget, and resources. To believe there wouldn't be at least one thing that goes wrong is naive

If this is such a huge inconvenience for you, may I suggest not preordering in the future?
Read my first quote before message than you...

@wsgroves if you dont found you can read here

And screen

The first thing to do is first check and read correctly before saying that what I said is not true when I had already quoted the post where the compatibility is stated

I truly believe everyone at Sliger is doing their best. I'm irritated personally about the radiator clearance screwup as I already purchased a H115i, but not enough to cancel my order, and I'm still very excited about my case. I think JaPeMo has a legitimate complaint, and that Sliger screwed up. 280mm radiator compatibility was a keystone feature for this case, and it seems possible that a large cross section of 280mm rads are not compatible even when they are well inside limits posted on Sliger. Asking someone to just change how they want to install their fans is equivalent to telling an iPhone user they are "holding it wrong". Because someone is a small business patience and politeness should certainly be extended, but that doesn't mean they get a pass for not delivering what is promised. They should be called out for screw-ups, just as much as being praised for getting it right. Especially when said case is on the expensive end of it's market. But be polite about it.

Last edited:

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
It looks like the confusion about radiator compatibility can be solved by simply saying that the current revisions of the cases are compatible with all non-Corsair Asetek branded AIOs. Looking at CoolIT's website, the OEM for the Corsair H115i RGB Platinum, it looks like ALL of their radiators in the "High Performance" SP family have squared off ends. Corsair uses these radiators for their Corsair One prebuilt, and those also have the squared off ends. As more manufacturers look to move away from the Asetek dominated AIO market, we may end up seeing more of these CoolIT radiators rebranded and sold on the market.

At this point, with only a single radiator being incompatible with their case, I think it's important to remember that no one is perfect, even companies, and @KSliger has been incredibly transparent with informing everyone about issues as they have arisen. There is a point at which customer entitlement ends, and common sense needs to take priority. The hardware swap subreddits are an option for reselling or trading for compatible coolers, along with local digital marketplaces such as Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Gamer Nexus' review of the H115i Platinum AIO shows that performance compared to the Asetek 280mm AIOs is nearly identical. If you are invested in the Corsair ecosystem and are not willing to sacrifice or change those parts, then your option is asking for a refund or waiting for Sliger to push out the revision...which if the SM560 is any example, probably will not take long at all.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
It looks like the confusion about radiator compatibility can be solved by simply saying that the current revisions of the cases are compatible with all Asetek branded AIOs. Looking at CoolIT's website, the OEM for the Corsair H115i RGB Platinum, it looks like ALL of their radiators in the "High Performance" SP family have squared off ends. Corsair uses these radiators for their Corsair One prebuilt, and those also have the squared off ends. As more manufacturers look to move away from the Asetek dominated AIO market, we may end up seeing more of these CoolIT radiators rebranded and sold on the market.

At this point, with only a single radiator being incompatible with their case, I think it's important to remember that no one is perfect, even companies, and @KSliger has been incredibly transparent with informing everyone about issues as they have arisen. There is a point at which customer entitlement ends, and common sense needs to take priority. The hardware swap subreddits are an option for reselling or trading for compatible coolers, along with local digital marketplaces such as Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Gamer Nexus' review of the H115i Platinum AIO shows that performance compared to the Asetek 280mm AIOs is nearly identical. If you are invested in the Corsair ecosystem and are not willing to sacrifice or change those parts, then your option is asking for a refund or waiting for Sliger to push out the revision...which if the SM560 is any example, probably will not take long at all.
I'm not sure this is correct - the h115i Pro is Asetek-based and it has the squared off corners, yes?

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
but if squared off corners are all that is stopping the panel from attaching, im sure there can be a quick mod if youre really into tinkering with the case.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
I'm not sure this is correct - the h115i Pro is Asetek-based and it has the squared off corners, yes?

Oi, you are right...I looked through all of Asetek parner radiators, and Corsair's H100i, H115i, and H150i RGB models all have squared off ends, even though every other Asetek partner has the angled radiator end caps. I edited my post above, and I guess while the brand-specific solution isn't that simple, hopefully Sliger will be able to adjust the panels without too much issues, though with the tight tolerances on these cases we will have to see.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
but if squared off corners are all that is stopping the panel from attaching, im sure there can be a quick mod if youre really into tinkering with the case.

True, but if you're spending $270 for a case, I doubt many would want to mod it. JaPeMo has a valid point, and I'm sure Sliger will take care of him with a refund.

As a small shop, I'm sure we're all patiently waiting for him to start clearing more orders out and finally get us our tracking.

Just a little worrisome that he hasn't spoken much about orders that were placed with Amazon Pay or PayPal. A confirmation that they weren't lost would be great, though. Because it seems orders placed with a credit card were first to be fulfilled.

Last edited:

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Does an iPhone user know if the phone is upside down or not?
I jest I jest...sorta... lol
I vote for giving some more time to compatibility testing instead of us all rushing ksliger to get them shipping asap.
Maybe it was a sign to wait until the front connectors came in that were running late.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
as for the front io connectors, on the sliger site it says that the 19 pin connector is recommended for ryzen. Why?

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
Does an iPhone user know if the phone is upside down or not?
I jest I jest...sorta... lol
I vote for giving some more time to compatibility testing instead of us all rushing ksliger to get them shipping asap.
Maybe it was a sign to wait until the front connectors came in that were running late.
Lol agreed to both, I'm a firm believer in under-promise, over-deliver.

Reactions: wsgroves