Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Updated bios available for the strix x470 itx. Build 2406 dated 7/5/19. Bit scared to try it haha. It states: Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file....
That board doent have flashback.

• Haha
Reactions: LSDemise

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Kinda wondering myself. This case is the final piece I'm missing.
I'm in the same boat. I have my living room PC still in the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX (suffocating the components) and a full set of liquid cooling parts just staring at me. I'm not going to be pushy about it though: Sliger had a big rush of orders and probably a large backlog of post-order special requests/changes to fulfill (including mine, when I had to edit my order to include the pigtail power) so I'll give them some more time before I nudge.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
It is kind of related. Lots of people here seem to be interested with anything to do with itx related to this case but whatever.
Hate to be that guy, but don't double post. ?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@wsgroves Ahh, I see, good point. I may have to look into it when my build fires up.
@KSliger Any chance of revealing the part number for the front case button? ???
Would love to see if I can change the LED color at some point.
P.S. My final vented panel should be arriving Thursday and then we'll be underway!

Button is called a 16mm IP Vandal Switch by most sources, you can get all sorts of special ones on Amazon and Ebay.

When do these start to ship? Just curious.

Kinda wondering myself. This case is the final piece I'm missing.

We should start shipping 570 and 580 on Friday this week, had some issues we had to work out with our system not importing orders correctly. Apologies on the hold up.

For the people that bought 550 and 560 we're sending emails out right now about a small delay regarding the front panel board - will be the same options as the SM570/580 - did not expect to sell this many 550/560 this week and all our stock is gone.

Quick warning to everyone. Apparently People are experiencing incompatibility with PCIE 3.0 risers on X570 boards. 5700 GPU's in particular apparently are simply not working when plugged into a PCIE 4.0 slot using a riser that is not rated for 4.0 speeds.

Recommended to disable PCIe 4.0 for now and stick with 3.0.
Should not have any noticeable impact on performance.

@KSliger Are there any dust filters for the sm550 vented sides? Demcifilter only seem to have the top and bottom filters. If not, what is the length and height of the vented sides?

You might send an email to Demcifilter and see if he sees anyway to make a filter there possible. Given his filters are magnetic and the sides on these are aluminum I am doubtful. He has the 3D files though and might be able to come up with something.

Apologies for lack of posts the last few days, I've been out sick and now playing catch up - team has been holding things down while I was out.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
All the 3700x sold out at the Microcenter near me so I put in a reservation for the 3800x while I think about it. Gets held for 3 days. Hopefully some benchmarks come out. I wanted the lower TDP of the 3700x but I think I might manage anyway since I got a big ol 280mm AIO ready to drop into the sm580. I’m just not sure if it’s worth it.

Now I need to find an x470 board. I’ve decided against being an X570 beta tester. These issues are ridic, it’s like nothing went through QA.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I keep seeing the 12th as a release for asus stuff. rumors though. but for sure im going to keep my eye out on newegg.

I'd like to imagine it won't be too much longer. Every second they wait they lose business to Gigabyte. They're gonna miss the hype train if they don't get it on the market soon lol.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
according to an Optimumtech video, the mini dtx is 1 month after release. dont know which release was being talked about, AMD ryzen or Asus branded MB and graphics cards. looking at reviews of stuff, I dont know what to get anymore. Ordered my sm580 though so im good. might be building this little rig really slow.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Thermal question for the sm580. Im thinking that bottom and gpu fans are exhaust as well as the top fans on the radiator. will the cpu/psu side need to have an intake fan for vrm cooling? Is there any aio that has a fan on the block?

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
according to an Optimumtech video, the mini dtx is 1 month after release. dont know which release was being talked about, AMD ryzen or Asus branded MB and graphics cards. looking at reviews of stuff, I dont know what to get anymore. Ordered my sm580 though so im good. might be building this little rig really slow.
There was a Newegg stream the other day with an Asus rep going over all their X570 boards and on twitter the rep insinuated that the X570-I will definitely be coming out before the Mini-DTX and probably be available "soon."

Personally, I've pretty much got everything ordered for my SM580 build at this point, just trying to get a hold of a 3700X before they go out of stock on Newegg and playing the waiting game with the Asus X570-I. I've been wanting to do this build towards the end of July when I'll have some free time. Depending on the availability and release date of the Asus X570-I, I might either just grab the Gigabyte X570 or just go with the Asus X470-I and a cheap AM4 chip to update the BIOS with.

But that Asus X570-I looks great, especially having all of the USB ports on it compared to the Gigabyte.

Reactions: Rmorrison

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Just a heads up for those that care. Installed the 3700x with the newest asus bios. When I enable the xmp for 3200 ram, it locks so hard I have to clear the cmos. Tried about 5 times.
I am going to try the settings manually. This is samsung b-die ram that never had an issue with the previous two chips that have used it.

Reactions: thoughtfix

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Just a heads up for those that care. Installed the 3700x with the newest asus bios. When I enable the xmp for 3200 ram, it locks so hard I have to clear the cmos. Tried about 5 times.
I am going to try the settings manually. This is samsung b-die ram that never had an issue with the previous two chips that have used it.

Ouch. Part of why I'm waiting a little to do my build is that G.Skill is supposedly coming out with some sticks using the new Samsung M-die that will be specifically optimized for Ryzen 3000.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Big oof, What bios version? 2406? I wonder when they're going to be releasing the next update.... Have me scared to drop my new chip in now.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
The thing about ryzen is that it is convenient. However, i will be wating for amazon prime deals, if i could grab a z390 strix itx and a 9600kf at good price, i might justify the added value of aio cooler. Also,z390 strix i supports up to 64 gb ram. I don t know the head room of double capacity ram from g.skill though.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Big oof, What bios version? 2406? I wonder when they're going to be releasing the next update.... Have me scared to drop my new chip in now.
Yes 2406. I took the Corsair LPX 3000 out of my wife's machine and it fires up the profile on it just fine.
Probably needs some more bios updates.

Exustron

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 10, 2019
Has anyone done any experimentation as to whether something like the Noctua NF A12x25 or the NF F12 would be superior in the SM550? I'm curious as to whether the small increase in static pressure of the F12 would be worth it over the all around general performance of the A12x25

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Yes 2406. I took the Corsair LPX 3000 out of my wife's machine and it fires up the profile on it just fine.
Probably needs some more bios updates.
Hopefully we get them soon, have a 3600 kit that I'm hoping would work. Since Asus hasn't issued a bios update since before release, something should be to us soon I guess.