Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Also, if anyone gets the Gigabyte X570 ITX board, please let everyone know how many fan headers the thing has. Newegg is saying 2 case fan headers and 1 CPU fan header too lol.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
According to the pictures I found on Amazon it has 3 FAN headers:

1- CPU
2- Next to the RAM slots
3- Used by the chipset FAN...

You may want to use a splitter in this case...

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
According to the pictures I found on Amazon it has 3 FAN headers:

1- CPU
2- Next to the RAM slots
3- Used by the chipset FAN...

Right. That's what is kind of confusing. I find it incredibly disingenuous that they claim it has 3 headers when one of them is dedicated to the chipset fan.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Personally, I'm just holding off until later in the month before making any decisions. It will be about a week before Silicon Lottery has binned Zen 2 chips in stock anyway, and I'm hoping by then we'll have some more answers.

Agreed. My case won’t arrive for a week or two and the 2080S isn’t out till the 23rd. Going to let some of this dust settle and see how things shake out. I hate being patient tho!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Is it confirmed that the ASUS X570 Strix-I board ACTUALLY has 3 headers? Or is one of them dedicated to board fans like the Gigabyte board?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
The strix 470 has 3 fan headers. The new one does as well looking at the pictures.
edit. I have said before. I have zero patience for shipping. Paid 35$ to newegg for overnight shipping on the 3700x and it was supposed to arrive today.
It's not. Time to destroy someone haha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bioforce

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
The strix 470 has 3 fan headers. The new one does as well looking at the pictures.
edit. I have said before. I have zero patience for shipping. Paid 35$ to newegg for overnight shipping on the 3700x and it was supposed to arrive today.
It's not. Time to destroy someone haha.
Hey @wsgroves @KSliger another question for you....dumb one at that. This is my first SFF build, and I'm building in the SM560 today, I'm used to screwing in standoffs in my ATX cases. Are the black raised posts in the SM560 the standoffs, or do I need separate ones??

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Yea, you don't need to screw in standoffs in the 560. Just flip the board upside down and it'll go right into the spot it's supposed to and screw it in with the included screws.
This isnt my final build but if you zoom in, you can see some of the screws.

Reactions: Bioforce

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Yea, you don't need to screw in standoffs in the 560. Just flip the board upside down and it'll go right into the spot it's supposed to and screw it in with the included screws.
This isnt my final build but if you zoom in, you can see some of the screws.

Perfect!! Thank you so much, we're on the same mobo, and cooler (c7g over here though) just didn't want to slap the mobo on and end up with a short without standoffs, lol.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
What do people prefer for their PSU orientation? I kind of like the look with the fan facing the window, but I believe Ksliger said the overall cooling performance is better with the fan oriented toward the GPU. I'm torn on whether I prefer the performance bump or the visual appeal of seeing the fan.

Reactions: Rmorrison

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Quite welcome @blakedabarbarian .
I don't use that particular cooler now. The C7 G as well. As far as the psu Bio, I use it like pictured. I don't see that side of my machine, and I went with the vented panels so would not see too much of it anyways.
I think if you do have vented panels, it can go either way. Non vented panels, it's best to set it up as ksliger noted.
I don't think it would make any difference either way though for day to day usage.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Quite welcome @blakedabarbarian .
I don't use that particular cooler now. The C7 G as well. As far as the psu Bio, I use it like pictured. I don't see that side of my machine, and I went with the vented panels so would not see too much of it anyways.
I think if you do have vented panels, it can go either way. Non vented panels, it's best to set it up as ksliger noted.
I don't think it would make any difference either way though for day to day usage.
How do you find the sound?? I havent used it yet, picked it up specifically for this build. Will be dropping a 3700x in tomorrow.
May play around with the curves, if I can't stand it, I'll slap an A9x14 on and wait for the chromax version lol.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
What do people prefer for their PSU orientation? I kind of like the look with the fan facing the window, but I believe Ksliger said the overall cooling performance is better with the fan oriented toward the GPU. I'm torn on whether I prefer the performance bump or the visual appeal of seeing the fan.

I too, like the look of the fan, but if thermals are better when it faces the gpu then I'll go for that. Quick question, what size fan is used in the corsair sfx psu? I want to replace it with a noctua fan.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@blakedabarbarian there is no sound really. I threw a noctura fan on it and I don't really ever hear it. The 560 is amazing.
@Rmorrison any particular reason you want to replace the fan? Other than looks? The psu is inaudible to me as is, and swapping the fan will void the warranty.

Reactions: Nanook

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
How hard is it to ship a damn package? Supposed to be here today and it doesn't look like UPS has even picked it up yet so probably Thursday delivery now on what should have been Tuesday delivery. My blood pressure is through the roof. Especially since I took off work today to get it.
This is in reference to the purchase from newegg, who I despise, not Sliger.

Last edited: