Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Ouch on that price, I know the Cerberus is an established product but now it costs even more then the Cerberus. The price is getting pretty steep. I mean I understand development costs and early adopters normally having to pay more but it is starting to make me pause and think...
+1

And outside of EEUU delivery have a hight extra cost at the moment...

?

Reactions: Talyrius and al007

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
So we have a delay with the shipping box, I will get an ETA on that either tomorrow or Friday and let everyone know on an expected ship date. It is also going to be slightly more expensive, so we have to bump the price a small amount.

Price for SM570 is $239 and 580 is is $249, handle will be an additional $20.00

They should still be shipping mid next month, we could ship earlier if you dont mind it wrapped in bubble and in an oversized box.

I don't mind if it's wrapped in bubble-wrap and stuffed in an oversized box, just as long as it gets here in good shape. I mean, the cardboard box gets thrown away on trash day anyways.

I'm getting the last parts for my build tonight, I plan on building in a cardboard box until my SM580 gets here ?

dumplestilskin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2018
No option for vented side panels is an interesting choice. Seems to negate any benefit of using a 3 slot card or an aftermarket cooler if the GPU is right up against the side panel. I was planning on getting a set of each to find the right combo for thermals.

Last edited:

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
570 looks a bit taller than I'd want... Just depends on Ryzen 3000 temps now. If I have to watercool the 12c/16c options then I'll grab the 570, otherwise I'll end up with the 570.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
No option for vented side panels is an interesting choice. Seems to negate any benefit of using a 3 slot card or an aftermarket cooler if the GPU is right up against the side panel. I was planning on getting a set of each to find the right combo for thermals.

In the earlier testing that KSliger reported on, it appeared that the GPU's were almost entirely agnostic to what type of panels you used. The difference was something like 1 degree between vented and not. Only CPU cooler seemed to experience a major difference. That said though, that testing was done with the "intended" bottom up airflow configuration. With the revelation that these cases perform far better with vented panels and all fans configured as exhaust, though, I would agree. Vented seems the way to go.

So, whether or not vented panels matter depends on how you plan to configure your airflow. If you're one of those diehard people that insist on having front-to-back bottom-to-top airflow because "hot air rises," then it won't really matter which side panels you go with.

All of that said, KSliger did say we would "most likely" get vented panels on the 570/580. I assume he just doesn't want to promise anything he can't 100% confirm yet.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I swapped the window cpu side for the vented and it made a big difference, even with the normal fan setup. My R5 2600 didnt go over 59c with the Noctura L9a. Very confident I can switch back to the 2700x and Cryorig C7w/ Noctura fan and not be throttling. I also ordered a vented panel for the 2080 Ti side and will swap the fans when It gets here.
I still have the random lockup issue. No rhyme or reason to it. I have swapped every piece except case, psu, gpu and case fans. It almost feels like there is a short somewhere. I'll swap the gpu for a extra 2070 that I have next. This is really pissing me off.
When it happens the monitor will go blank and a few seconds later the rgb's will go back to the color cycle and the machine can only be turned off with unplugging. No specific errors in event viewer, and no issues in bios such as oc failed etc.
On a rare occasion, windows will just restart.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
570 looks a bit taller than I'd want... Just depends on Ryzen 3000 temps now. If I have to watercool the 12c/16c options then I'll grab the 570, otherwise I'll end up with the 570.

There's something off about the 570 top design, going to try some other options. IMO the 570 feels really compact, the 580 is just a hair smaller than Cerberus.

In the earlier testing that KSliger reported on, it appeared that the GPU's were almost entirely agnostic to what type of panels you used. The difference was something like 1 degree between vented and not. Only CPU cooler seemed to experience a major difference. That said though, that testing was done with the "intended" bottom up airflow configuration. With the revelation that these cases perform far better with vented panels and all fans configured as exhaust, though, I would agree. Vented seems the way to go.

So, whether or not vented panels matter depends on how you plan to configure your airflow. If you're one of those diehard people that insist on having front-to-back bottom-to-top airflow because "hot air rises," then it won't really matter which side panels you go with.

All of that said, KSliger did say we would "most likely" get vented panels on the 570/580. I assume he just doesn't want to promise anything he can't 100% confirm yet.

Correct on this, with the 4 fans in these cases your GPU temps will have almost zero difference between panel off and panel on. The 550/560 have vented sides because of the aircooling on the CPU. But with these being specifically for liquid coolers - I don't see a reason to offer vented. Will get around to our testing and confirm.

I don't mind if it's wrapped in bubble-wrap and stuffed in an oversized box, just as long as it gets here in good shape. I mean, the cardboard box gets thrown away on trash day anyways.

I'm getting the last parts for my build tonight, I plan on building in a cardboard box until my SM580 gets here ?

I'm same thought on trash, give me something easy to recycle and don't make the item cost more for it.

Ouch on that price, I know the Cerberus is an established product but now it costs even more then the Cerberus. The price is getting pretty steep. I mean I understand development costs and early adopters normally having to pay more but it is starting to make me pause and think...

It's certainly up there, but it's a really part and labor intensive design. If anything it should be considerably more.

A Cerberus with one window panel and the handle kit comes out to $270 + S&H.

With the handle this is the same price, but it also has another window panel, and the riser in it which adds ~$40 to the cost over a Cerberus.

These try to fit in between the M1 at ~$215 or equivalent Loque Ghost + Medium Hat + Large Hat at $420 (funding secured) + S&H and target the would be case buyer that wants to show off their parts and have SFF with an AIO.

I guess what I meant to ask was if the 580 could take 120 fans in the bottom instead of 140's if you so chose to go that way.

I could offer a 120mm to 140mm adapter? Would be just like the 92mm adapter for the 50/60.

Reactions: Sahaj and wsgroves

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
But with these being specifically for liquid coolers - I don't see a reason to offer vented. Will get around to our testing and confirm

Be sure to test it with all fans configured as exhaust on a vented setup. Aircooled GPU's benefited from it enormously on the smaller cases, and some people, such as myself, are just going to use the radiator space to cool the CPU with an AIO since the rumored 135 Watt TDP on the 16 core Ryzen 3000 chips is a little worrisome. Assuming it makes as big of a difference to GPU temps in the larger cases as it does in the smaller, I would very much want vented panels. Obviously though if the larger cases don't experience as big of a benefit from a pure negative pressure setup, we might as well just use window panels. Either way, I'd be excited to see the testing results.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
These exist and are cheap, as long as the tiny extra height isn't an issue. The 120 to 92 adapter is a bit more specialized, and the height is much more stringent there.

Damn I could make it way cheaper than $12

@KSliger an adapter would work. It's all about options, after all. Is the adapter even for sale for the 50/60? I didn't see it.

It's coming, will post it here soon!

Be sure to test it with all fans configured as exhaust on a vented setup. Aircooled GPU's benefited from it enormously on the smaller cases, and some people, such as myself, are just going to use the radiator space to cool the CPU with an AIO since the rumored 135 Watt TDP on the 16 core Ryzen 3000 chips is a little worrisome. Assuming it makes as big of a difference to GPU temps in the larger cases as it does in the smaller, I would very much want vented panels. Obviously though if the larger cases don't experience as big of a benefit from a pure negative pressure setup, we might as well just use window panels. Either way, I'd be excited to see the testing results.

Most likely will offer it with the same vented style as the 50/60, so I will test it with this setup you have in mind here.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Damn I could make it way cheaper than $12
Forgive my ignorance here, but how hard would it be to just include additional screw holes in the chassis for different fan sizes? The Cerberus manages this, as do other cases, where you have 120mm square holes and 140mm square holes.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Forgive my ignorance here, but how hard would it be to just include additional screw holes in the chassis for different fan sizes? The Cerberus manages this, as do other cases, where you have 120mm square holes and 140mm square holes.

It's possible, but with those holes added 140mm fans in it creates a noticeable amount of fan noise, and with 120mm fans in it does not create a pressure differential so temps would be slightly worse. Cerberus suffers from a considerable amount of fan noise from its vent pattern. Don't notice it until you're really use to a low noise fan setup. Ill try it adding them and see how it goes.

@KSliger Appreciate all your hard work and dedication. Thanks!

Appreciate all the feed back and support from you and others on here!

Reactions: wsgroves

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
It's possible, but with those holes added 140mm fans in it creates a noticeable amount of fan noise, and with 120mm fans in it does not create a pressure differential so temps would be slightly worse. Cerberus suffers from a considerable amount of fan noise from its vent pattern. Don't notice it until you're really use to a low noise fan setup. Ill try it adding them and see how it goes.
Thank you, that actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe adapters are a better option then.

Reactions: Bioforce

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
It's certainly up there, but it's a really part and labor intensive design. If anything it should be considerably more.

A Cerberus with one window panel and the handle kit comes out to $270 + S&H.

With the handle this is the same price, but it also has another window panel, and the riser in it which adds ~$40 to the cost over a Cerberus.

These try to fit in between the M1 at ~$215 or equivalent Loque Ghost + Medium Hat + Large Hat at $420 (funding secured) + S&H and target the would be case buyer that wants to show off their parts and have SFF with an AIO.

I understand, I will say personally I don't care about window panel's I never build my systems for display just for functionality and as compact as I can. Given the option especially if it is cheaper I will always pick vented side panels for both sides. Possibly even solid panel for the CPU side if testing proves that to be more effective.

I think personally the best setup for cooling will be solid panel on the CPU side with a 280 mm rad on top exhausting and two 140mm fans on the bottom exhusting with a vented side panel on the GPU side pulling in air.

My only concern with this setup is the RAM and VRAM not having enough air flow to remain cool, which may ruin the idea of a solid panel on the CPU side.