Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

roscoejp

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2019
Dumb question - would using a 92mm fan on a 120mm radiator be doable? 120mm radiators are a lot more common than 92mm.

@KSliger Can I get a diagram with the dimensions of the front spinal cutout on the SM550? I'm wondering if a slim 120 like the TD03-Slim would fit with a full size 92mm fan and I don't have the case on me this week to take any measurements.

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
Dumb question - would using a 92mm fan on a 120mm radiator be doable? 120mm radiators are a lot more common than 92mm.

@KSliger Can I get a diagram with the dimensions of the front spinal cutout on the SM550? I'm wondering if a slim 120 like the TD03-Slim would fit with a full size 92mm fan and I don't have the case on me this week to take any measurements.

Can't speak to height clearance or if this is even a good idea to begin with, but if you're looking at a 550, the TD03 will not fit. You need the hoses to both be on the same side of the spine, but the TD03 is too long (153mm) to fit in the 550 (139mm) in that configuration.

Edit: Height clearance should be fine. Height would be 47mm, where a 645lt with a 14mm fan would be about 49mm. Both these values are discounting the height of whatever adapter you'd be using.

Last edited:

Wintermute

Cable Smoosher
Oct 25, 2018
There will be a distributer for Europe?

Also, will 570 and 580 have better support for SFX-L than two smaller ones?

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Any word on if preorders for the 570 and 590 are going to make it onto the website this week?

We're having too many delays today with other things that have to ship today, not going to be able to get it up today. Will be up likely Tuesday.

There will be a distributer for Europe?

Also, will 570 and 580 have better support for SFX-L than two smaller ones?

Still working on him!

And yes these have slightly better support for SFX-L

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

I am totally confused on what you are trying to do here - can you make a paint sketch?

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
I am totally confused on what you are trying to do here - can you make a paint sketch?

I'm not him, but I believe he means something like this:

I'm not exactly a graphic design major, so hopefully you get the idea.

EDIT: I also don't necessarily think this is a good idea. I just think this is what he's trying to do.

Last edited:

roscoejp

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2019
@E0000B6FAF25838 That was indeed the bad idea I was thinking of.

I didn't realize that the 645 was already available over here so I might actually swing one of those and see if I can improve on the bad BS2 thermals I have. Back home the 645 still wasn't available so I was thinking of getting a larger AIO and trying to squeeze it in, but as you pointed out looks like the clearence toward the front of the case isn't quite enough along with cable routing issues.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@KSliger, the link on your page for Demcifilters shows filters for the top/bottom. What about filters for the vented side panels? I guess I'm not so worried about filtering dust as I'd like for my components to not be so visible.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Just received the C65 today. Will follow up with pictures after work.

Pics:
Looks amazing, can't wait for your thermal results!

@KSliger, the link on your page for Demcifilters shows filters for the top/bottom. What about filters for the vented side panels? I guess I'm not so worried about filtering dust as I'd like for my components to not be so visible.
No dust filters exist for the side panels, you'll either have to make your own or go without them (they cut down on airflow anyways)

TheLobsterHatMan

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2019
@TheLobsterHatMan Loking good. I am curious as to how the cpu thermals are good as the fins are mounted in the incorrect direction for airflow.

CPU thermals are solid. Roughly 10C higher than my Fractal Design Kelvin T12 120mm AIO running push/pull in my Define Nano S. I don't think the cooler can be rotated 90 degrees, and this will be the only orientation available when I swap over to an AMD AM4 mobo. Very satisfied! Noise levels are also extremely quiet.

TheLobsterHatMan

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2019
Here's my build impressions and whatnot from my reddit post:

Hi guys! Sorry for not giving more details yesterday, I finished the build and then went out with some friends. Didn't get a chance to do much testing. Here are the specs of the system:

i5 6600k @ 4.7GHz 1.3V
Strix Z270i Motherboard
16 GB of Corsair LPX 3600 (running at 3000 because my memory controller is garbage)
Alpenfohn Black Ridge CPU cooler w/ Noctua 92mm fan
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB NVME SSD
Corsair SF600 w/ stock cables
EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
2x Noctua NF-A12x25 at the bottom for intake (EDIT: Switched these to exhaust. Much better thermal performance)
and of course... the Sliger SM560 case!

Onto my temps:

The Black Ridge cooler is really solid! I was previously running a Fractal Design Kelvin T12 120mm AIO (Pic of old rig for reference- ). As you can see, the Fractal's radiator is HUGE for a 120mm. I wasn't expecting the Black Ridge to perform better or as well as the AIO, but I was not disappointed. The AIO would keep my OC'd 6600k at around 65-70 w/ peaks at 75 at full load. I'm seeing temps averaging around 75 or so on the Black Ridge with peaks in the low-mid 80's. Not bad!
GPU wise, I got the card for this build so I can't really compare temps from my previous build. That being said, the GPU doesn't get above 68 when overclocked and doesn't dip below 2000 MHz.
Audibility wise, the rig is VERY quiet. Much quieter than my old rig, though my old rig had 5 fans and much more restrictive airflow.

Impressions on building in the SM560:

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I'm a seasoned builder but have only dabbled in SFF. I've done many ITX builds in the Fractal Define Nano S, but the majority of the systems I've built have been ATX. I did a dual AIO build inside an NCase M1 once, and that was a tight squeeze. However, building in the SM560 was completely different!
The amount of planning involved is a lot greater than what I've done for other builds. Every component move you make and piece you install needs to be thoughtfully planned out, otherwise you'll have to do it over again. Cable management will also need to be planned out in advance as well. The management itself wasn't difficult, but placing everything where it needs to be before you install was a challenge. Getting the various motherboard cables attached was tough. I thought it was funny that The Verge's build guide mentioned tweezers (when talking about zip ties), but I actually had to use tweezers to attach the power button connectors and a few other components on the motherboard.
Taking the case apart was pretty easy. The front and side panels pop off, and the top panel requires four easily accessible screws. The PCIe riser cable was a bit stiff, but we eventually got it bent to where we needed. The power cable was tough to install because of how big the GPU is. Sliger offers two power cable mounting options- the pigtail (which allows the power cable to hang outside of the case), and the traditional mounting method where the power socket is on the case. I opted for the traditional, but the GPU was a little to big. We ended up getting the power connector mounted properly, but slightly bent one of the fins on the GPU in the process. It could be easily bent back if the card was removed, but I still wish I ordered the pigtail connector for the sake of convenience.
The build quality of the case is top notch. All the panels feel extremely solid and don't flex when they're being removed. The retention mechanism is VERY sturdy. When the panels are installed, they're NOT going anywhere. The mechanism itself also feels very sturdy. I have no fear that any of the nubs will break off.
I plan on adding a few personal touches to the case which include wrapping the front panel in vinyl and installing EVGA's carbon fiber GPU shroud for the 2080. More to come in the following weeks :).

Final impressions:

I love this case. It's smaller than an NCase, fits a triple slot GPU without trouble, has excellent air flow, and feels extremely sturdy. I have a lot of respect for Sliger as a company because of their customer service and the fact that they produce their cases in house in the USA. I like that I can order parts from them without issue and with minimal wait. I ordered my case at the end of the previous week, and it arrived within 7 days using standard shipping. Very pleased with the whole process.
Feel free to ask me questions about the case, the build, or anything else :). Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

SSoC

Efficiency Noob
Dec 29, 2018
Got my hands on a Cryorig C7G (CU + Graphene). I'll be trying it in the SM560 with a delidded 8700k using a 120mm fan adaptor with a thin noctua fan.

Also, another quick shoutout to Ksliger. Accidentally ordered a grey one, and requested it be changed to a black one. Got an almost immediate response and got it changed successfully. Probably the best customer service I have ever seen among the SFF sellers I've dealt with.

Reactions: Sahaj and Shinken1

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Got my hands on a Cryorig C7G (CU + Graphene). I'll be trying it in the SM560 with a delidded 8700k using a 120mm fan adaptor with a thin noctua fan.

Also, another quick shoutout to Ksliger. Accidentally ordered a grey one, and requested it be changed to a black one. Got an almost immediate response and got it changed successfully. Probably the best customer service I have ever seen among the SFF sellers I've dealt with.

Nice. Are you using vented panels?