Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
AXP100 has been around for a while right? I could of swore I saw some reviews that we're just "ok". I'll have to have a look when I get a chance.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
What happened to the reply button to quote peoples posts?

@E0000B6FAF25838 thank you for the detailed write up! Currently on the shipping we are trying to get better rates out of USPS and UPS, FedEx already has us on the best they can give us. Looking into some possible flat rate prices as well.

Also handle is in process, we had to design a new handle to work for these, should have a prototype by end of month if our machining dept can fit it in.

Panel warp is from the pass through holes on the acrylic being too small, we are increasing the size to fix this.

@CantingSoup what'd you have problems with on top panel? I can add help to the user manual.

Apologies if I have been short on responses / engagement we are very busy and short handed right now.

Reactions: Sahaj and JaPeMo

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Also someone please add the items to cart and screen shot the shipping price - I'm not seeing high rates on addresses I test.

EDIT: SM550 an SM560 panels are for some reason 5 pounds each, that's not right. Will get it fix tomorrow.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
This may have been discussed but is there enough room to shift the gpu mount up 20 or so mil and get two rads into the 580? I was eyeballing the renders and with 3 slots worth of space on the GPU side a pump and small res like an old school Swiftec Micro res and pump could fit with a single slot WC GPU,

Micro Res

Pump

Or even the Alphacool Solo used purely as a pump/res for a home brew GPU AIO with rad and waterblock for the gpu. Not sure if the pump in this could push a separate cpu and gpu block and say 2 240 rads? Brainstorming on how to do a full loop in one of these cases. OR just a GPU WC loop in the 570 and air cool the CPU.

If something like this were possible I could shrink my CerbX custom loop build down to 16 or so L with a mobo swap. Pretty sweet

Last edited:

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
@KSliger I didn’t know that I had to slide the front of the top panel between the plug going into the psu (had to move the plug cable a bit to make it fit. Definitely takes some effort, but it’s all good.

@renecop545 I’ll post temps and results once I have my Zen 2 mobo and cpu in hand. Pics will be posted once the heatsink arrives.

Reactions: renecop545

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
Also someone please add the items to cart and screen shot the shipping price - I'm not seeing high rates on addresses I test.

EDIT: SM550 an SM560 panels are for some reason 5 pounds each, that's not right. Will get it fix tomorrow.

Newbie here. Hi to everyone!
I read the whole topic about this case, it is just great. But, unfortunately, I cannot afford the shipping cost. Rates are to high for me. ?

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
This may have been discussed but is there enough room to shift the gpu mount up 20 or so mil and get two rads into the 580? I was eyeballing the renders and with 3 slots worth of space on the GPU side a pump and small res like an old school Swiftec Micro res and pump could fit with a single slot WC GPU,

Micro Res

Pump

Or even the Alphacool Solo used purely as a pump/res for a home brew GPU AIO with rad and waterblock for the gpu. Not sure if the pump in this could push a separate cpu and gpu block and say 2 240 rads? Brainstorming on how to do a full loop in one of these cases. OR just a GPU WC loop in the 570 and air cool the CPU.

If something like this were possible I could shrink my CerbX custom loop build down to 16 or so L with a mobo swap. Pretty sweet

Based on previous discussion with Ksliger, my current plan for 2x280mm rad cooling is Top with rad+fans and bottom with internal rad and external slim fans and fan cover. While not the *most* ideal setup, it should be more than adequate for most builds. Ideally I'll be running a temp setup with my current build (8700k+2080) using cheaper water blocks (instead of full face motherboard, etc) and soft tubing, before I upgrade when PCI-e 5.0 and DDR5 hit consumer products, likely 2020/21 (PCI-e 4.0 adoption was stunted aside from in data center applications due to the quick turnaround to PCI-e 5.0).

Once that happens, my ideal goal is:
High Core/Clock AMD CPU (likely AM5)
NVLink/XFire/QPI(?) GPUs (depends on workload at the time)
Full face monoblock
EKWB(?) GPU blocks
Pump/Res as displayed in some renders.

Unfortunately I'm likely going to have to order different PCBs with clock buffers or design my own as the one offered with the case are side-by-side and don't offer enough space for the NVLink bridge (Alternatively, it's possible that the NVlink connector is passive, in which case making my own side-by-side would be simple enough, though additional research suggests a clock buffer chip also exists, so I'll have to do some PCB shot comparisons to see the difference between PCBs [and reading the datasheet] to try to interpolate any required changes, should any be necessary.) should I go the Nvidia path, which is increasingly unlikely as I really don't care to do driver/registry/bios trickery to get SLI to be recognized. I'm very interested to see Intel's GPU offering, and hope they go chiplet or 3d/stacked rather than monolithic.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Micro Res

Pump

I tried it and it worked out to a lot more than 20mm, was more like 60mm added to height to get a radiator to be able to slide in. Made it slightly taller than Cerberus.

I have another case I am working on call the K5 that will be for 2x 240mm radiator + Mini-ITX; or1x 240mm radiator + mATX in about 17L. Might stall that case till end of year though.

Thanks @KSliger here is pic:

Its the weight, should be more like 1.3lbs, an USPS should be an option - getting it fixed!

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Thanks for clarifying @KSliger. I do recall the Cerberus mod that someone made with an itx board by shifting the mobo down to clear space for a top and bottom rad.

Completely agree that once a certain volume is surpassed — 16-17L? May as well get a Cerberus at 19L.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019

??

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
So that's a known issue for international shipment. KSliger is working on getting international retailers/whatever to help reduce cost.

Interested to hear an update on that progress though @KSliger

I believe these are the discounted rates, according to Sligercases on reddit:
At least until they establish an international distribution center.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaPeMo

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Yeah unfortunately those are cheap compared to what they used to be. Hopefully our new EU Distributor makes this much cheaper!

The SM550 and SM560 page should have the weights fixed!

Also if anyone is a Facebook person we had to make a Facebook page to run some ads, please like our page and share it!

Reactions: JaPeMo