Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Super hyped! Not only is my SM580 scheduled to finally arrive Friday, but the IO panel is coming Friday AND my custom Pslate cables! I was thinking I'd have to just use the stock cables from the SF750 but now I'll be able to take a stab at cable management all in one go!

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
You definitely will need a different cooler. Wraith prism is 96mm, SM series CPU cooler height is limited to 55mm. I don't think removing shroud will be enough
Grabbed a ruler on the way home, without the shroud the height is about 62mm, so it is close, but does look like I need to grab a cooler.

If the mobo shows up on Friday I'll just build/run with the door off for the weekend :D

Reactions: DrHudacris

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
My pslate customs cables just arrived. Phil is great. I went with an unsleeved kit and sent measurements over to him as soon as I had them and he put together a gorgeous cable set for me. I measured the SATA cables incorrectly (I thought I was going to mount my PSU in the opposite fan direction) but they're still usable. One will power my UV LEDs, so that's why it's sitting out to the side.

Flip through the gallery to see how they're routed.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
My pslate customs cables just arrived. Phil is great. I went with an unsleeved kit and sent measurements over to him as soon as I had them and he put together a gorgeous cable set for me. I measured the SATA cables incorrectly (I thought I was going to mount my PSU in the opposite fan direction) but they're still usable. One will power my UV LEDs, so that's why it's sitting out to the side.

That looks so CLEAN ! I love it!

• Love
Reactions: thoughtfix

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
Got my SM580 yesterday, while out of town. Back today and spent the better part of the afternoon doing the initial build. Still waiting for custom cables from pslate, so no pictures as its an absolute mess in there - but I have to give props to Sliger. This case is really well built and looks awesome.

The hardest bit, that had me questioning whether I should revert to stock air cooling or not, was getting my FE 2080 w/ a G12 + G55 + A12x15 in the bottom using the 120MM AIO bracket (top radiator bracket being used for an NZXT x62). I eventually made it work, but man are those pipes kinked and tight. I've done preliminary stress testing and temps on the GPU are fine so its all working well, but it is pretty sketchy looking.

Pretty amazing going from a mid-tower Threadripper machine to this with a 3900X, and its faster + quieter. I'll be posting pics once its all done and purty.

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019

Wow the cables rly make a diff. can u tell us the lengths u got?

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Just got my SM570 but how do you even open this thing? How do you remove the side panels? I don't want to have to force anything if I don't need to

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019

Filling and leak testing without a reservoir. I'm using a capped off bit of tube that runs into a Y splitter right above the intake for the pump top and I have to knock the air out of the loop with the case on it's "face."

It's currently sitting in a cardboard box with the pump running with paper towels around the fittings. If it passes leak test, I'll still have to drain it and then re-fill it with the fluid I intend to use on a permanent basis. It just has some distilled water and Primochill SysPrep going through it right now.

I will re-state that my build is absolutely crazy and I do not suggest anyone try it. Is it time for me to break my build out into another thread so I can go into more depth on the parts I picked, how I got them in, and the final tests?

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018

I'm gonna try this one - looks about as small as it can get.
Those cables certainly are small, but the connectors still look too thick. It'd be nice if the PSU bracket let you slide the power supply over slightly. There's plenty of room available to do so. Perhaps KSliger can consider that for the next revision?

Edit:
These may work.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewave1408

raiistar

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
So just pop it off, right?
yeah. See the picture where I usually start to pop it off. I feel like it is the easiest there.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Got my case! Loving it so far but I'm very confused. How do I get the top grate off so I can mount the top rad? Im sure this has been mentioned before but if someone can point it out with a picture I'd be grateful!

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Got my case! Loving it so far but I'm very confused. How do I get the top grate off so I can mount the top rad? Im sure this has been mentioned before but if someone can point it out with a picture I'd be grateful!

I'll tell you the easy way. Unscrew the top of the frame from the rear of the frame and the front of the frame (note i didn't say front panel) by removing 6 screws (2 front, 2 rear, 1 top left rear, 1 top right rear). To access the top rear screws, take off the side panels. To reach the front frame screws, take off the front panel cover like how you took off the side panels.

Once you take out the screws, you should be able to lift the top of the frame off. Note: the rear screw holes are extended, so you'll have to wiggle the top frame forward and up.

After that, focus on the top panel. There's 4 screws, take them out. Now that metal bracket inside that top frame, you can wiggle it out. It takes some muscle as it's tight. Once you get it out, mount the rad. Remember the orientation of the metal bracket. Also, when you mount the rad, mount it as far to the rear as you can, so you avoid the ball studs of the side panels. Or, if you're trying to fit the H115i series, apparently if you center it properly, they will fit ( I didn't bother trying and just returned mine for an NZXT x62). If you're mount a regular rad then rear most is preferred.

There isn't much more detail you need than that. The part for me that made it not fit was the placement of the radiator in the bracket. Physically, the radiator fits just fine. The trick is just to align things so that it fits, then put the screws in... I'd recommend starting with the middle 4 screws, adjust things where it looks like it'll work then give it a try.

Here are more pics

How much gap are we talking about between the ball studs and the radiator? I guess the previous folks didn't really try to line it up evenly as much as possible like you.

Reactions: LSDemise

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
You don't pop off the top grate. There's four screws on the sides, remove those and the radiator bracket comes out