Feedback The SFF.N Update Thread: Track our work!

Valantar

King of Cable Management
Jan 20, 2018
Just a heads-up: since the last site maintenance, the automatic Amazon embeds in posts have been broken (Firefox on Windows and Firefox Preview on Android). All I see is a big blank field with a small Amazon logo in the middle and no link whatsoever, certainly no product image or text.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

The-Alchemist-404

Chassis Packer
May 14, 2019
Guys, i dont know if it is just me but the page loads like the mobile version of the page instead of the desktop version (note here, that only happens when i open the page on google chrome)

Edit: i think there should be the ability to drop pictures over without the use of a link, but what do i know

Last edited:

BaK

Master of Cramming
May 17, 2016
[...] the missing watched threads
For those who did not find it out yet, like me until yesterday...
From the left menu, in the Forums / New posts page, on the top right is an interesting tool -> filters!

So for me the remaining little things to fix are:
- moving left menu
- insert image
- smilies that sometimes go away when you modify the text of the post or hit preview

Canities

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2017
For those who did not find it out yet, like me until yesterday...
From the left menu, in the Forums / New posts page, on the top right is an interesting tool -> filters!

So for me the remaining little things to fix are:
- moving left menu
- insert image
- smilies that sometimes go away when you modify the text of the post or hit preview
I don't see why we can't just have a 'watched' section under the forums heading, specially when there's one under the resources heading...
This just seems like a long an convoluted way of doing something simple...

Reactions: riba2233

jØrd

SCSI for life
Digital Seppuku
LOSIAS
Gold Supporter
Jul 19, 2015
I don't see why we can't just have a 'watched' section under the forums heading, specially when there's one under the resources heading...
This just seems like a long an convoluted way of doing something simple...
hows your lamp, zenforo, WP, SQL, PHP and TH Xpress skill set, a little actual linux server admin would come in handy too from time to time, if you have the skills to actually contribute something more than rehashing the same complaints that have been said 100 times over then lets talk, maybe you could help out.

As ive said before in this very thread were all volunteers w/ IRL and day jobs and the same sort of shit going on in out lives as you all have. Maybe its just escaping everyone in this thread but like we see and read all of it, we are all super aware of the shortcomings the site has right now, we also actually use the site, just like all of you do (shocker, i know). But please guys, unless you actually have something to actually contribute or an actually novel complaint that isnt already in this thread or the other one in feedback just stop rehashing the same old shit. Right now we have super limited time to donate to the site, what we do have is going into maintaining the stack and fixing bugs that are approachable in those small time blocks.

On a personal note, the constant fucking complaints about why this thing or that thing isnt how this user or that users thinks it should be and they dont see what the hell our problem is and why the hell we cant fix it for them or peoples personal lists of things they need fixed and this seeming assumption that your personal list is the same as every other user who has a complaint isnt fucking helping, its actually super demotivating. I super dont want to burn what little time i have left at 10pm on a week night on this shit when there is 6 pages of this crap. Perhaps instead just try have some fucking patience, understand that this site exists off of the back of as much hard work as everyone who is involved can possibly fucking put into it and that yes, we see the complaints and the shortcomings and problems and all the rest of it and yes we do care and yes we want it to be better too.

I understand peoples need to vent, but like ive said all of this before and so have all of you and its becoming counterproductive now. Not a single fucking person who has complained has stepped up to help in any way, shape or form. Its fucking hard work running a community web site on a shoe string budget w/ next to no free time. everyone here is in it for the passion but its getting hard to find that sometimes when there are two threads of this totaling 10 pages of straight up negativity and complaints and demands.

That being said, if you actually have the fucking skill set and the time and want to get involved then lets talk, i make no promises but i want to hear what you can do and what you have to say.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Way Wielder
Nov 14, 2017
hows your lamp, zenforo, WP, SQL, PHP and TH Xpress skill set, a little actual linux server admin would come in handy too from time to time, if you have the skills to actually contribute something more than rehashing the same complaints that have been said 100 times over then lets talk, maybe you could help out.

As ive said before in this very thread were all volunteers w/ IRL and day jobs and the same sort of shit going on in out lives as you all have. Maybe its just escaping everyone in this thread but like we see and read all of it, we are all super aware of the shortcomings the site has right now, we also actually use the site, just like all of you do (shocker, i know). But please guys, unless you actually have something to actually contribute or an actually novel complaint that isnt already in this thread or the other one in feedback just stop rehashing the same old shit. Right now we have super limited time to donate to the site, what we do have is going into maintaining the stack and fixing bugs that are approachable in those small time blocks.

On a personal note, the constant fucking complaints about why this thing or that thing isnt how this user or that users thinks it should be and they dont see what the hell our problem is and why the hell we cant fix it for them or peoples personal lists of things they need fixed and this seeming assumption that your personal list is the same as every other user who has a complaint isnt fucking helping, its actually super demotivating. I super dont want to burn what little time i have left at 10pm on a week night on this shit when there is 6 pages of this crap. Perhaps instead just try have some fucking patience, understand that this site exists off of the back of as much hard work as everyone who is involved can possibly fucking put into it and that yes, we see the complaints and the shortcomings and problems and all the rest of it and yes we do care and yes we want it to be better too.

I understand peoples need to vent, but like ive said all of this before and so have all of you and its becoming counterproductive now. Not a single fucking person who has complained has stepped up to help in any way, shape or form. Its fucking hard work running a community web site on a shoe string budget w/ next to no free time. everyone here is in it for the passion but its getting hard to find that sometimes when there are two threads of this totaling 10 pages of straight up negativity and complaints and demands.

That being said, if you actually have the fucking skill set and the time and want to get involved then lets talk, i make no promises but i want to hear what you can do and what you have to say.
All fair points.

Every issue I had was not major and has been addressed (thanks, y'all).

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I like the site, don't have a single complaint. I'm used to Xenforo and think it's decent. People whine when things change... yes, some complaints are valid, and sometimes things do break, but it's not hard to get used to what amounts to small changes and minor issues.

I also want to comment that the site seems to have very good uptime and speed; I haven't had any issues accessing it since I joined (only 2 months ago, but I'm on here a lot), both on mobile and on desktop. That's kind of a key thing, and you guys seem to be doing a great job keeping things running and running fairly smoothly. 👍

Also, bless whoever decided to have two dark themes. I know "dark mode" is in right now, but always preferred to run dark, and I want to thank you for not blinding this poor vampire with a searing light theme. :p

Last edited: