The perfect browser for SFN

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
This is just a neat thing I noticed, thought I'd share. Not telling you what browser you should use or anything :D

So the Beta version of Vivaldi (pretty much Opera before it got bad) was released. One of its most prominent visual features is the coloured Tab and Address-Bar, the colour of which gets selected from a contrast colour on the website. And the Beta now comes with a "dark" theme that fits SFN pretty much perfectly:

Looks pretty darn cool, huh? :p

Reactions: Blorgon

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes it does look cool ! A nice feature, reminiscent of Apple's music album backdrops which also use colors from the content (album cover) which I always found interesting as an extra visual depth.

I'm very happy with Firefox's Beta versions (43b1 today) though, unlikely I'll switch or try it out when I'm basically completely happy. I would most likely switch to another browser if it would offer more and better tracking prevention and provide a safer environment. Something I'd guess is going to be more important for a lot of people in the future.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Neat. I may give it another shot. I tried it out back in July but it was still lacking too many features for me to really use it as my main browser.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's nifty :) I'm too stuf in my ways with Chrome i'd struggle to change

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I used to be a hardcore Opera user (I know how silly that phrase sounds) but I haven't used it in years, only installed it again to do website development testing. So Vivaldi basically runs on the Opera's Presto engine or Webkit as it does now? If it's lightweight browser that would make it even more perfect for SFF forums ;)

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Vivaldi itself is pretty much a fork of Chromium, even its user agent says it's Chrome and it is compatible with all Chrome Add-Ons as well.