?The official SFF.N drinking club ?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Enjoying a cold beer, glass of wine (sorry @Windfall) or tasty cocktail isn't just a hobby for some of us – it's a passion. Not like SFF is a passion for us, of course. But if you're the sort of person to attend drinking practice on the regular at your local glass-lifting establishment, this thread's for you!

Let's share photos of what we're enjoying, and recommendations for new things to try!

Rules of the club

1. Be excellent to each other
2. Drinks should be of the alcoholic variety
3. Photos are encouraged

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Enjoying a cold beer, glass of wine (sorry @Windfall) or tasty cocktail isn't just a hobby for some of us – it's a passion. Not like SFF is a passion for us, of course. But if you're the sort of person to attend drinking practice on the regular at your local glass-lifting establishment, this thread's for you.

Let's share photos of what we're enjoying, and recommendations for new things to try!

So much good and so much evil in a single post....

Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: PlayfulPhoenix

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Current imbibement: Haägen lager, a cheap drop made in NZ in the style of a German beer.

It's cold, refreshing and cheap. Good for an after work drink.. or six.

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_165456.jpg
    IMG_20200303_165456.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 1

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I suppose I should follow my own rules, so here goes: I was reminded by this post that I had the pleasure of doing a blending class at the Jameson "Distillery" in Dublin a while back! (In actuality they don't produce any whisky there, but the facility itself is great and I'd honestly recommend it over the Guinness Storehouse)

IMG_2096.jpeg

For the course, we essentially studied different kinds of whisky preparation methods; analyzed the aromatics of various whisky samples; replicated special blends Jameson produces themselves; and created our own blend (a few shots' worth) to taste to take home.

We also had the opportunity to try a 12-year straight from a cask – it was surprisingly good, with a lot of spice and complexity you don't generally associate with Jameson. This was my first taste of cask-strength whisky and I still hope to procure some eventually since I think it could be an interesting substitute for traditional-ABV whisky in certain cocktails... At the time I just couldn't stomach the price they were asking for a bottle, though.

IMG_20190702_162852.jpeg