The Motorcycle Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Windfall, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windfall

Windfall Master of Cramming

Was talking to @Biowarejak about The shutting down of victory motorcycles in the "what you did today" thread, But this is a more appropriate place for it.

EdZ and Biowarejak like this.
  2. Biowarejak

Biowarejak Maker of Awesome | User 1615
    Silver Supporter

Woohoo! I'd love to hear what people's preferred bikes are :)

3. Phuncz

Phuncz Lord of the Boards
    Moderator SFF Purist Gold Supporter

4. onlyabloke

onlyabloke Cable-Tie Ninja

Shooot I don't have the stones for motorcycles, although I wouldn't mind ever building or owning a Cafe Racer.

I think these are super cool, just not sure how safe they are since they're silent.

Biowarejak likes this.
  5. EdZ

EdZ Virtual Realist
    Gold Supporter

Got the SFF bike lift assembled, this weekend I should get the insulation installed in the shed workshop then I can wheel the VFR in and start pulling it to bits.
    I'd love one, but the upfront cost here is huge and charging it is a pain: a Zero S without the fast charger tank (still takes 2 hours to recharge) is £10k (in brand-new Ducati Supersport territory), the Zero SR with the charge tank and charger is £20k (Fireblade SP territory).
    About as safe as any other motorcycle: you use the horn to alert people who can;t see you that you're there, the exhaust will only be heard by the people behind you that can already see you.

Biowarejak likes this.