The Motorcycle Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Windfall, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windfall

Windfall King of Cable Management

Was talking to @Biowarejak about The shutting down of victory motorcycles in the "what you did today" thread, But this is a more appropriate place for it.

LeDelmo, EdZ and Biowarejak like this.
  2. Biowarejak

Biowarejak Maker of Awesome | User 1615
    Silver Supporter

Woohoo! I'd love to hear what people's preferred bikes are :)

3. Phuncz

Phuncz Lord of the Boards
    Moderator Gold Supporter SFF Purist

Biowarejak likes this.
  4. onlyabloke

onlyabloke Cable-Tie Ninja

Shooot I don't have the stones for motorcycles, although I wouldn't mind ever building or owning a Cafe Racer.

I think these are super cool, just not sure how safe they are since they're silent.

Biowarejak likes this.
  5. EdZ

EdZ Virtual Realist
    Gold Supporter

Got the SFF bike lift assembled, this weekend I should get the insulation installed in the shed workshop then I can wheel the VFR in and start pulling it to bits.
    I'd love one, but the upfront cost here is huge and charging it is a pain: a Zero S without the fast charger tank (still takes 2 hours to recharge) is £10k (in brand-new Ducati Supersport territory), the Zero SR with the charge tank and charger is £20k (Fireblade SP territory).
    About as safe as any other motorcycle: you use the horn to alert people who can;t see you that you're there, the exhaust will only be heard by the people behind you that can already see you.

LeDelmo and Biowarejak like this.
  6. LeDelmo

LeDelmo Average Stuffer

Nice, Did not know there was a motorcycle thread on here. :thumb:

There are so many great bikes coming out. Its hard to keep track of them all. I've been in the market for a new bike for some time but nothing has really been able to hold my attention atm. I normally ride naked bikes. But, ever sense my Enduro as stolen I have been thinking about going with something that I could still take to some trails.

So I have naturally been watching the Yamaha T7 Concept develop. But, that one I hate to say may end up being a disappointment. The KTM 790 Adventure R on the other hand. I am very excited to see what comes out of it. Hopefully we will see something from ECIMA next month.

I also like what Indian is doing with the Indian FTR 1200S. And hopefully ECIMA has a few other surprises for us. Would love to see a new Aprilia Tuono V4 and maybe we can all finally see the new MV Agusta Brutale.

I currently ride a 2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050. Been on it for years. And just love the bike to death.
    My Enduro was a 2011 Husaberg Fe570.
    And I sold my 2010 Kawasaki Kx450FSM.

Biowarejak and Phuncz like this.
  7. Windfall

Windfall King of Cable Management

and

I want one of those sweet BMW bikes. Costs an arm, a leg, my newborn son, and the other motorcycle I never had. At least with a budget already being used for PCs.

el01 likes this.
  8. el01

el01 King of Cable Management

I want a cargo trike or maybe a better Exotec bicycle ;)

No, but if I was really to own a motorcycle, I would want either a solar-powered (gas is expensive here in middle-of-nowhere yet somewhat civilized Colorado) tricycle (adult size, although at 5"6' and compact in most dimensions I could fit on a child-sized one) to hold junk/unwanted PCs in the back. Or a Honda motorcycle. Because Honda.

(or maybe one of the Chinese electric scooters. Those are fun to drive until someone beeps at you.)

Biowarejak and Windfall like this.
  9. Biowarejak

Biowarejak Maker of Awesome | User 1615
    Silver Supporter

I've been red-lining my Taotao ever since I got it running earlier this year, probably maxing out in the low 50s when it should only do 30 mph.

I finally purchased a proper bike off of Craigslist: a '67 model Gilera 106ss. Fairly small engine, but it should do just fine for commuting once I finish restoring it. Basically needs all new electrical, rims, tires, seat, etc. Planning on making the cables all neat and pretty, PC habits and all :)

Phuncz likes this.