Optimum Tech The 2021 ITX Case to Beat – SSUPD Meshilicious

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
2 things needed to be corrected in the review:-
a. It is Mesh-Licious or Meshlicious, not Meshilicious.
b. SSUPD is a sister (not a daughter) of Lian Li

Reactions: Phuncz

Jeronimod

Case Bender
New User
Dec 28, 2020
On the SSUPD site they say:
Can NZXT 240 or 280 AIO like X53, X63, Z53, Z63?
Unfortunately, the pump head on NZXT is too tall.
However, EKWB, Corsair, Lian Li 240 and 280 AIO have been tested to work.

But on OT video you can clearly see that he use a NZXT AOI Liquid cooler and I don't see a clearance issue with the pump head being too tall.

Reactions: Phuncz

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
Now, I don't want to be a Nagging Nancy, but I wish the case has just a bit more room at the front for a thicker rad :D
But having said that - I can definitely imagine replacing my Ncase with this Meshlicious case.

[ Ncase ramblings: The Ncase is great (I have a v6.1) but the side-mounted rad blocks the view on my pretty components. Tempered glass / acrylic with the Ncase is difficult for temps. Just a bottom thin rad is not enough for what I am doing. Dual-rad is nice but not "flashy" enough. Putting the Ncase on tall feet (don't @ me) is imvho f ugly. ]

The 280mm rad (ideally with a custom loop and custom / short cables) will make it easier to cool a 5950X + 3080 Ti (if that ever comes out and I can get one) vs a 240mm AIO Ncase. I would 100% do positive airpressure with Noctua's NF-A12x25 chromax (again, if they ever come out). The mesh keeps at least 'some' dust away while still allowing view of the components (I imagine similar to the FormD T1).

For me personally the Meshlicious is a better compromise between cooling and looks vs the Ncase. Dual-rad Ncase is nice and all but then you have a "black box" that does not show what's inside at all. And a good custom loop with 280mm rad should not be all too much worse vs the dual-rad Ncase of OT.

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
For anyone wondering, I had nothing to do with the Meshlicious. It's a collaboration between wahaha360 and a designer at Lian Li.

Wahaha360 co-founded NCASE with me, but primarily handles the business and logistics side. The M1 was 100% my design.
No offence from my ramblings I hope! ;)
Anything planned on your end for 2021? :D

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
No offence from my ramblings I hope! ;)
Anything planned on your end for 2021? :D
None taken. Everything is a trade off, and people have different priorities. Some people don't care at all about seeing inside their case and want the best performance, while others are willing to take the performance hit that comes with a solid window.

I don't have specific plans I can talk about.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
None taken. Everything is a trade off, and people have different priorities. Some people don't care at all about seeing inside their case and want the best performance, while others are willing to take the performance hit that comes with a solid window.

I don't have specific plans I can talk about.
I wouldn't mind seeing in my chassis, especially if I had the Bitspower monoblock on my C8I...!

Implying you do have specific plans you cannot talk about...! ;^p

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I wouldn't mind seeing in my chassis, especially if I had the Bitspower monoblock on my C8I...!

Implying you do have specific plans you cannot talk about...! ;^p
my TechN silver block is prettier than that Bitspower monoblock 😎 and yet I'm a sucker for performance & temp that I don't care if I can see the internals or not, as long as there are some RGB lighting peeking out of the vent holes so I know stuff is working

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
my TechN silver block is prettier than that Bitspower monoblock 😎 and yet I'm a sucker for performance & temp that I don't care if I can see the internals or not, as long as there are some RGB lighting peeking out of the vent holes so I know stuff is working
But does it also cool the VRMs...?!? ;^p

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman