Log Testing 4 liter gaming rig

IIF

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 2, 2020

Well, it's almost ready. 4 liter'ish with 4770k, and 1660 super. Still have to finish up the GPU side (figure out the final fan/shroud), put in a better heat shield, and clean up the front panel, but the pic gives a good idea of the final product.

EDIT:
GPU shroud...

Temps were too high without a heat shield, so between that and the PCI-e riser (rt angle raised card a few mm more), I knew I'd have to cut the side panel more than I anticipated. I had planned on just the 15mm fan poking through the side, but part of the cooler does too. This was my 1st attempt before settling on reversing the shroud as it wouldn't sit right in this orientation. It also looks better with that opening in the front IMO.

After testing, the noise was a bit too much cuz the crappy Asus Phoenix cooler. Currently modding a heatpipe cooler to work in the same space, and hopefully the shroud will still fit. Last thing will be something like an Arctic Mono VGA cooler, but that's 15 mm higher than my current solutions.

Last edited:

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
Do you have more pics of this build? I am curious how you fit everything into the case

Reactions: IIF

IIF

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 2, 2020
Forgot to update this... It does not all fit inside. Physically impossible. With mandatory heatshield/separator, the top of the stock cooler just pops out a couple mm with a 15mm fan on top, and shroud covering it all. I'll post more pics soon, but it's an ongoing process as the stock cooler I set this up for is too loud even with a Noctua 120x15mm fan. Modding a heatpipe cooler from an old card right now. If that doesnt work, I'll probably buy that mono heatpipe cooler. It's taller than my other solutions, but should make it very quiet.

PITA trying to get the GPU side dialed in along with the PSU. In fact, this whole builds been problematic, but it looked promising with one side done, and the matching shroud on the other side. Until the noise... Trying to get it all, but I'm probably gonna lose somewhere.