News Teenage Engineering mITX case

Teenage Engineering, known mostly for their synthesizers, is now producing a mITX case. SFX PSU, dual-slot 180mm GPU, 120mm CPU cooler, 9.2L. $195, though it looks to be sold out for now.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Teenage Engineering, known mostly for their synthesizers, is now producing a mITX case. SFX PSU, dual-slot 180mm GPU, 120mm CPU cooler, 9.2L. $195, though it looks to be sold out for now.

Interesting design. I feel like it’s out of the Alien universe and needs a Wayland Yutani logo on it with scuffed and worn paint job.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It's interesting, but a few of the design and layout choices left me disappointed.

US$195 and;
the screw holes aren't even pre-threaded
no fan grille, on a much smaller fan that they could have fit in that spot...
GPU location is pretty meh, right against the top panel, restricting any use of the 2.x slot cards we usually see in shorter GPUs..

I also worry the powdercoat will crack when one bends the required parts for assembly.

</rant>

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Although I usually refrain from commenting about pricing on low-volume, custom-designed cases I must say EUR 195,- (plus VAT) is a pretty steep price tag for this and stands in no relation to e.g. a case like the P-ATX from @riba2233

Since 15+ years I've been designing and manufacturing flat packable cases for industrial customers that can be bend to shape upon arrival and the whole point of a design like that is (or at least should be) cost savings for the customers.

Hope the price at least includes a free replacement set if a customer messed up the DIY bends XD