Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

SV590
18L @ 154mm X 247mm X 472mm
- 360MM AIO COOLER SUPPORT (OR 240MM + 120MM)
- MOUNTING FOR PUMP/RES IN BOTTOM
- 3-SLOT GPU (UP TO 330MM, BIFURCATION SUPPORT)
- MINI-ITX MOTHERBOARDS
- SFX POWER SUPPLIES
- EASY OFF TOP COVER FOR ACCESS TO MOTHERBOARD IO

SV540
11L @ 149mm x 189mm x 390mm
- 2-SLOT GPU (UP TO 330MM LONG, NO BIFURCATION SUPPORT)
- 75MM CPU COOLER (BIG SHURIKEN 3)
- MINI-ITX MOTHERBOARDS
- SFX POWER SUPPLIES
- EASY OFF TOP COVER FOR ACCESS TO MOTHERBOARD IO

Rather larger SFF case idea based on the same layout as the SM560, but stretched for a 360mm AIO - mainly for overlocked i9 builds.

Volume is currently at 16.8L, case can be flipped to either end with the end cap. Plenty of room for cable management, staggered vent pattern, has bifurcated riser support for 2 slot GPU + additional single slot card or supports 3 slot wide cards.

Unsure on:

Button placement.

Offering a front panel board, go for aesthetics or mix in functionality.

How many HDD or SSD people would use in this.

Should it offer a handle?

Stability. Might need a base mount plate.

Let me know your thoughts, ideas, feedback, etc!

Last edited:

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Here are my thoughts:

- From the images provided, I believe that the top would be the best please to put the button so it doesn't detract from the rest of the case.

- The front panel board should incorporate both functionality and aesthetics if you choose to go this route.

- You should offer a handle with this as it would further differentiate you from other competitors that don't offer handles for their SFF cases.

- The base mount plate would do well for stability and aesthetics.

Other thoughts:

- The top panel should be perforated and contain only the power button. The front panel should not have an I/O since it would mess with the aesthetics and most people use the back I/O anyway.

- Would it be possible to designate a specific area where for the cables to be routed to?

I'll be following this closely.

Last edited:

a_casserole

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2018
Heya we spoke briefly on reddit the other day I think! - I have the same username

I think button placement is dependent on positioning of the case in somebody’s set up, will never be perfect for everyone.

What are the dimensions onthis case?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Here are my thoughts:

- From the images provided, I believe that the top would be the best please to put the button so it doesn't detract from the rest of the case.

- The front panel board should incorporate both functionality and aesthetics if you choose to go this route.

- You should offer a handle with this as it would further differentiate you from other competitors that don't offer handles for their SFF cases.

- The base mount plate would do well for stability and aesthetics.

Other thoughts:

- The top panel should be perforated and contain only the power button. The front panel should not have an I/O since it would mess with the aesthetics and most people use the back I/O anyway.

- Would it be possible to designate a specific area where for the cables to be routed to?

I'll be following this closely.

I will post some ideas on the IO, I think it will wind up sticking out the top-ish left side with a small stylized cutout. Will keep it minimalist and see what you think.

I am working on vent patterns for top to go well with the staggered slots I already like on the sides. Leaning towards a hex pattern.

Cables are already routed out the D-shaped cutout below the radiator, might put one as optional on the front for cables in front or rear.

If there is a non-watercooled option that shrinks this down to around 10-12L, count me in! Always love a vertical case.

There is an air cooled version! Same as the SM560 3slot GPU case, but is around 10.8L. Called SV560 - will post it later in this thread once I get a nice exterior figured out for both that and the 360mm version.

Heya we spoke briefly on reddit the other day I think! - I have the same username

I think button placement is dependent on positioning of the case in somebody’s set up, will never be perfect for everyone.

What are the dimensions onthis case?

I remember!

That's my hesitation with top button, have to reroute the power button to flip it over. Also trying to make it so it can be laid on side like a speaker bar, which top button works great for. Might wind up in the lower front middle.

Counting the cable cubby as volume: 433mm x 249mm x 155mm for ~16.8L

Counting the cable cubby as "feet" and not part of the volume: 358mm x 249mm x 155mm for ~13.9L

Reactions: anoldfriend

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Some thoughts on this case:

- Is supporting a 360mm instead of a 240mm really worth it? I feel like supporting a 240 would still be an incredible layout, but cut down the size to something that feels a lot more small form factor. I think it would also improve stability to have a smaller size.
- Due to the cooling configuration, I don't see the point in offering the ability to flip it, and I think it really complicates the design. If it's not flippable, then the IO/power button can be at the bottom (no ugly cables hanging in the air!) - would love to see a similar layout to the NCASE's bottom IO.
- In terms of design, matching the SM550 would be ideal. For example, white side panels with exposed black corners would be gorgeous.
- Top handle makes a lot of sense, should be optional if possible.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Hmm...360mm AIOs are pretty few and far between. What if you looked into how much additional space would be needed for a 240mm + 120mm AIO combo? Most GPU AIOs come with thick 120mm rads, and the most common CPU AIOs are 240mm. Could be a really cool combination.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Some thoughts on this case:

- Is supporting a 360mm instead of a 240mm really worth it? I feel like supporting a 240 would still be an incredible layout, but cut down the size to something that feels a lot more small form factor. I think it would also improve stability to have a smaller size.
- Due to the cooling configuration, I don't see the point in offering the ability to flip it, and I think it really complicates the design. If it's not flippable, then the IO/power button can be at the bottom (no ugly cables hanging in the air!) - would love to see a similar layout to the NCASE's bottom IO.
- In terms of design, matching the SM550 would be ideal. For example, white side panels with exposed black corners would be gorgeous.
- Top handle makes a lot of sense, should be optional if possible.

Smaller version will be air cooled, with this being the step up. No plans for a 240mm version becuase I think it overlaps the SM570 too much, literally same case but vertical. Although this one will fit a 240mm and a 120mm if you wanted to go that route.

I'm not sure on having the same style on all products, want to show I can do something different with good results each time rather than beat one style to death. Even the 240mm version of the SM550 is going to have a totally different look.

NCase bottom IO idea is something I'll try out today.

Hmm...360mm AIOs are pretty few and far between. What if you looked into how much additional space would be needed for a 240mm + 120mm AIO combo? Most GPU AIOs come with thick 120mm rads, and the most common CPU AIOs are 240mm. Could be a really cool combination.

Should have mentioned that, it does have enough room to support 240mm + 120mm or a 360mm. Can also fit 3x 140mm fans if someone really wanted to go air cooled.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

I actually have to make the case an inch taller to support 240mm + 360mm without having the tubing be a PITA. Height is free room though right.

Reactions: 1s44c

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
For the usb cable, I’d like to see a flexible low profile option as not all motherboards have the usb slot in a place that’s easily accessible. Additionally, I’d like the cable length to be as short as possible relative to the size of the case (this is a huge issue in the Cerberus cases).

Keep up the great work!!

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Go for 360 AIO. This is a vertical case. The space below is needed for the cables. It might be too big if marketted in volume but in terms of desk space, it only require little space.

a_casserole

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2018
Should have mentioned that, it does have enough room to support 240mm + 120mm or a 360mm.

I think this offers a really interesting proposition, especially in this space. I don't think I've seen any SFF cases that can accommodate something like the Kraken G12 so you could do a water cooled AIO gpu and cpu.

J0my

Case Bender
New User
Mar 13, 2019
I have really been wanting to see a 360mm AIO SFF build! I look forward to see where this goes, I would however like to have it laying down instead of standing up (even if it is just to provide threaded holes for the user to install their own standoffs for laying it down)

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Oh man, I keep looking at the renders, I know I said it before, but I'm all in for a 10-11L vertical case if it has the same design and arrangement as this larger version.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I have really been wanting to see a 360mm AIO SFF build! I look forward to see where this goes, I would however like to have it laying down instead of standing up (even if it is just to provide threaded holes for the user to install their own standoffs for laying it down)

Planning on this - would love to have a long laid down case shaped like a soundbar with a really minimalist look, but running a 9900K and a 2080 ti in it. 360mm AIO only way to go. Will def put some sort of feet for laying on side.

Oh man, I keep looking at the renders, I know I said it before, but I'm all in for a 10-11L vertical case if it has the same design and arrangement as this larger version.

On it, making an equivalent to the SM550 in vertical layout like this.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
While I should be upfront and say the chances of me ever buying one of these is minimal, I really like the concept. Having space for the 360mm radiator makes this a great candidate for a fully water cooled custom loop setup in a very small footprint/volume - cooling both a CPU and GPU from a single 240mm rad is ... functional, but a 360 is a lot better suited to a setup like that. Looking at your renders there might even be room for a small pump/res combo at the top above the GPU, without having to resort to exotic PSU options or other means of eking out extra space. I like it!

Reactions: KSliger