Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Oh so it's painted steel now for all 3 panels? any samples of how it's gonna look?

See above, looks better than anything else I've made IMO.

Is there enough clearance for something like the Swiftech Drive X3 with the integrated res on the 590? I can't quite tell from the images of the case.

Negative, will have to go custom loop.

@KSliger If I wanted to prep and order custom cables from @pslate for the SV590, what length & bend cables should I order? Trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Looking forward to the preorder! Thanks for all the continued hard work!

I will get @pslate a case to start taking measurements ASAP.

emo.83

Cable Smoosher
Oct 26, 2019
Teaser of the new matte black SV finish!

SV510 will probably happen next year.

SV540 will bump up slightly to add 3-slot GPU support, this change will make the 2-slot SV510 make more sense.

That looks phenomenal. Adding 3-slot for the SV540 is also nice. Can't wait!

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
Thrilled about triple slot support for 540!

Might have missed these answers in the thread, apologies if so:
1. Is there any support for case fans in the 540 to get more airflow throughout? Mainly thinking of my m.2 drive, which heats up a lot.
2. What’s the current vent design looking like? I’m a huge fan of the large vent gaps on the SM series. Lots of airflow and still gives you a peek inside at components.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
Wouldn't the SV540 as a 3 Slot make it wider than the SV590? It's going to look chungus without any curved/angled edges on the front panel (SM5XX).
It'd be +170mm wide (due to the 75mm CPU cooler height + 3 Slot)?

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Thrilled about triple slot support for 540!

Might have missed these answers in the thread, apologies if so:
1. Is there any support for case fans in the 540 to get more airflow throughout? Mainly thinking of my m.2 drive, which heats up a lot.
2. What’s the current vent design looking like? I’m a huge fan of the large vent gaps on the SM series. Lots of airflow and still gives you a peek inside at components.

1. There is no plans for additional fans. I would recommend flipping the SFX PSU around so that it pulls air from middle of case / back of motherboard. This will help the airflow for any back of board M.2 drives.

2. Same as in renders, spent way too long working on patterns and this one is the only one that didn't feel overly generic or look like it was trying too hard.

Wouldn't the SV540 as a 3 Slot make it wider than the SV590? It's going to look chungus without any curved/angled edges on the front panel (SM5XX).
It'd be +170mm wide (due to the 75mm CPU cooler height + 3 Slot)?

I totally support 3-slot coupled with 70mm+ CPU cooler clearance. Allows very quiet components, which I think is ideal given the fact these cases are likely to be quite close to the user.

Design change is keeping it the same size, but the center spine will have 3 positions

55mm CPU cooler + 3-slot GPU

65mm CPU cooler + 2.5 slot GPU

75mm CPU cooler + 2 slot GPU

This should give excellent flexibility for maximizing space use for most builds.

Unfortunately anything that needs 3-slot and >75mm cooler would make more sense in an M1 due to the 170mm rule, as per @Sashby's comment.

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
Could you boost the width 5mm so you could do a 60mm CPU cooler 3 slot or a 70mm Cpu cooler 2.5 slot?

That would allow for some more heavy duty cooler combos like the AXP-100 Pure Copper or Noctua NH-L12S for the 3900x ?

Reactions: vduong143

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Teaser of the new matte black SV finish!

SV510 will probably happen next year.

SV540 will bump up slightly to add 3-slot GPU support, this change will make the 2-slot SV510 make more sense.

Beautiful. I love the top power button.

vduong143

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 20, 2019
Could you boost the width 5mm so you could do a 60mm CPU cooler 3 slot or a 70mm Cpu cooler 2.5 slot?

That would allow for some more heavy duty cooler combos like the AXP-100 Pure Copper or Noctua NH-L12S for the 3900x ?
But at 65mm CPU cooler + 2.5 slot GPU, you could do Alpenfohn Black Ridge + slim 120mm fan. The 80mm clearance with 2 slot GPU would also allow 25mm fan for Big Shuriken 3, not sure if the size increase is worth the extra performance.

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
Would the ID Cooling IS-60 be the best CPU cooler at a 55mm max height, then?

edit: movable spine sounds awesome. Sidearm T1 style making an appearance.

Last edited:

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
But at 65mm CPU cooler + 2.5 slot GPU, you could do Alpenfohn Black Ridge + slim 120mm fan. The 80mm clearance with 2 slot GPU would also allow 25mm fan for Big Shuriken 3, not sure if the size increase is worth the extra performance.

My suggestion was to allow 3900X support at all GPU positions. The AXP-100 CU and Black Ridge / NH-L12S and Shuriken 3 are tied respectively.

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
Can you please tell me if the SV 590 will allow for a motherboard that is 20.3cm in length? I'm specifically referring to the ROG X570 Impact (Mini-DTX). It is the same width of 17cm as standard mini-ITX. Am I correct that the additional length at the bottom of the DTX board would be cutting into the max clearance for the radiator, or is the bottom of the board oriented towards the front of the case?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Can you please tell me if the SV 590 will allow for a motherboard that is 20.3cm in length? I'm specifically referring to the ROG X570 Impact (Mini-DTX). It is the same width of 17cm as standard mini-ITX. Am I correct that the additional length at the bottom of the DTX board would be cutting into the max clearance for the radiator, or is the bottom of the board oriented towards the front of the case?

2 problems:
-The extra length extends towards to the front of the case, according to the renders.
-SO-DIMM riser card on the impact is 82mm high