Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Have the silver ones started shipping yet?

The delay with the black left us short on the top panels and base plates, which unfortunately only really affected people that ordered rust or metallic. Will get those reworked tomorrow and you will see tracking then.

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
Awesome, can’t wait!
The delay with the black left us short on the top panels and base plates, which unfortunately only really affected people that ordered rust or metallic. Will get those reworked tomorrow and you will see tracking then.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
The first ever SV590 in rust patina has arrived, and the build is complete! It's 2:30 in the morning so I'll work on the write up tomorrow, but I'm confident in saying this is an absolutely gorgeous case and was a lot of fun to work in! Huge thanks to @KSliger and all the guys on their team for working with me to get this case delivered as quickly as possible!

Insomnium

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019
The first ever SV590 in rust patina has arrived, and the build is complete! It's 2:30 in the morning so I'll work on the write up tomorrow, but I'm confident in saying this is an absolutely gorgeous case and was a lot of fun to work in! Huge thanks to @KSliger and all the guys on their team for working with me to get this case delivered as quickly as possible!
Oh man why did you do this to us haha, at least give us a picture!

kanxkeri

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020
A quick update on my side after doing a quick build since I couldn't wait at all.

1.) Beautiful, elegant, clean and gorgeous. Very sturdy and well thought out design.
2.) Lots of internal space to work around on the cable management as well as overall custom watercooling setup with pumps. Can install various SSDs/HDDs as well.
3.) There is this piece that came with the case which I wasn't sure what was for. Maybe post a picture later and someone can answer it?
4.) Mounting ITX board onto the case, there are 2 bottom screw areas where you will need a skinny and a long phillips-head screwdriver to go through the holes.
5.) GPU mounting took me the longest labor/build (~45mins) because either the case area or GPU bracket or both somehow did not align at all other than the very first screw portion. I had to use the plyer to bend on both the case (really hard to bend which shows the case is very well made and sturdy as hell!) and GPU bracket to somehow match and magically able to screw 2 screws but cannot get the last screw. Will show a picture for the better understanding.
6.) When the build is done and closing the case, CPU side panel has a little bulge in the middle maybe due to PSU cables but not sure. Will double-check later. Perhaps, having able to screw in the middle of closing panel will help reduce for future revision. Will show a picture for the better understanding.

SPEC:
CPU - Intel 9700K w/ Thermalright AXP-90 Copper (Bought from @NinoPecorino)
MB - ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
GPU - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
SSD - 480GB Adata SX8200 & 2TB Adata GAMMIX S11 Pro NVMe
PSU - Corsair SF750
Fans - 3xArctic P12 PWM (1*P12 PWM & 2*P12 PWM PST)

Was planning to use Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm AIO for CPU but after reading others' posts and how AIO has the pump coming out from the mount and not from the side, decided to go air cooling. Might go with Corsair Platinum 360mm AIO or custom watercooling in the future.

Seems like Arctic Accelero Xtreme III might fit with 1200x15mm fans or remove the original fans/bracket and ziptide fans for better quiet and cooling but haven't done any extensive testing to check GPU noise and thermal.

Overall, I am super happy for my very first niche SFF case (have done Ophion, FTZ01, RVZ03, SG06, SG13 and etc. builds) but this is the best one I have ever experienced putting it together. Looking to keep this case for very long time. Awesome work by @KSliger!

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Artic accelero III should fit. I’m working on my build right now, won’t be done till tomorrow unfortunately (waiting on reservoir) but I can say that the Corsair Hydro X 420mm radiator does in fact fit, just have very little room for cables coming out the top and you have to secure the radiator to the frame with double sided tape. Things are so tight in there that I don’t see it moving anyways, used some foam on the sides to help wedge it in there as well.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
A bit of feedback I'm getting: if you plan on using wifi, you will need a wifi antenna that has cables long enough to get outside of the I/O shroud. Normal stick antennas will find their signal extremely blocked by the steel panels.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@Bigtruckboom do you mind taking the picture showing how much space is left for cables with 420 radiator? If it is enough, it would make this case crazy efficent in terms of space/cooling capacity

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
@KSliger For the SV590, is it possible to mount the PSU in the exact same way as the SM cases, orientation and distance from the motherboard? I have custom cables that are designed for those cases and would like to reuse them for the SV590. Should also open up space at the bottom.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@raulnorry It might be that your EK SPC pump is different than mine (I have an EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM), but the manual for mine at least states explicitly that that pump is only designed to run in a vertical orientation, with warnings that the pump might fail prematurely if mounted horizontally. Worth looking into?

Also, I hope you are planning to shorten some of those cables, that's a rather massive bundle of cabling in the middle there. Very nice build other than that, though!