Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will the movable center spine still be making it to the final product? want to confirm before I buy a 2.5 slot card.

Yes, but mind SV540 is probably not gonna happen til late January now - we are buried on orders and still trying to make Console / Conswole happen.

Reactions: Sashby and tsmax

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Yes, but mind SV540 is probably not gonna happen til late January now - we are buried on orders and still trying to make Console / Conswole happen.

Yeah, i just want to be sure it'll fit when it releases.

One suggestion though, would you be able to do hidden side panel hardware on this one? The screws and the 45° portions on the side panels break up the vertical aesthetic a little imo, maybe add those snap pin things?

Also, what is the exact gpu thickness clearance in the SV540 2 slot position? Curious if it's possible to squeeze a 5700xt sapphire nitro +

Last edited:

ApocPony

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
@KSliger was just about to preorder but I remember you mentioning the base plate would be optional, is it simply removed or is another base required? Just checking if there will be a difference after preorder period is finished. Cheers, Apoc

Reactions: tsmax

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
@KSliger was just about to preorder but I remember you mentioning the base plate would be optional, is it simply removed or is another base required? Just checking if there will be a difference after preorder period is finished. Cheers, Apoc
he mentioned earlier in this thread that you can just remove it and use the case without it. if you look at the product images on the preorder page you can see that it has a solid bottom to which the base is mounted to.

Last edited:

ApocPony

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
he mentioned earlier in this thread that you can just remove it and use the case without it. if you look at the product images on the preorder page you can see that it has a solid bottom to which the base is mounted to.
Perfect thanks I was looking through the pages but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: tsmax

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
WE ARE EXTREMELY FAR BEHIND FROM BLACK FRIDAY AND NOW HARDWARECANUCKS VIDEO

We hope to ship these on Wednesday next week, but want to take care of people that bought on Black Friday as well, so I am not sure we will have you tracking on the 18th.

Very sorry in advance if your preorder is delayed, will update you via email if there are any further delays.

Insomnium

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019

We hope to ship these on Wednesday next week, but want to take care of people that bought on Black Friday as well, so I am not sure we will have you tracking on the 18th.

Very sorry in advance if your preorder is delayed, will update you via email if there are any further delays.
I don't mind if my case is delayed to be honest as my office, which is where i'm delivering my case to, is closed during Christmas haha. Any chance I can delay my shipment to the first week of Jan?

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018

Not a problem at all for me, i am glad the exposure is working out well.

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019

I can't seem to find the HardwareCanucks video... Looking forward to the reviews!

edit: ahh nevermind... I see its the 580, I thought you meant an SV590 video. Still awesome that the exposure has helped you so much!

Last edited:

sffanatic8

Efficiency Noob
Dec 8, 2019

Is there a price set for the SV540 when it releases? Are there final dimensions for this and will it take an ATX PSU?

dose

What's an ITX?
Dec 13, 2019
@KSliger I've got an SV590 on pre-order and I see you've mentioned a few times the case could house a 240 + 120mm radiator setup. Any chance you've mocked up a 240 + 120mm AIO using the NZXT G12? Thinking of going this route and would be interested if you think it fits!

..and if anyone has a better idea for easily watercooling the GPU in addition to the CPU in this case, I'm all ears!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@KSliger I've got an SV590 on pre-order and I see you've mentioned a few times the case could house a 240 + 120mm radiator setup. Any chance you've mocked up a 240 + 120mm AIO using the NZXT G12? Thinking of going this route and would be interested if you think it fits!

..and if anyone has a better idea for easily watercooling the GPU in addition to the CPU in this case, I'm all ears!
If you haven't bought a GPU yet, buy a hybrid GPU that has the AIO integrated from the start, they will perform better than a G12. If you already have a GPU, look into the IDCooling FrostFlow 120 VGA. For about the cost of the G12 you get the entire cooler. There's an $8 part that will make it work w/RTX mounting as well. I've used it, it's great for the price.

Or go the super easy mode with the IDCooling Hunter Duet, but then that would fit in an SM570 and you don't even need the SV590 :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

JCO

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 29, 2019
Hey, I'm looking to get the SV540 to replace my Evolv Shift. Are there any news? Price? Pre-order date? Finishes (I crave the SM series grey)? In the end, will it fit 3 slot GPUs with 55mm≤ CPU coolers? No additional fan support?