Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Looks fantastic! You had previously talked about the base being removable/optional to allow for a horizontal orientation as well, but that base plate seems to be part of the case. Also, there is a large rectangle cut out in the frame even if the plate was removable. Will you be offering another style of base plate that will allow for laying down horizontally?

It is removable, but currently no plate for horizontal orientation as I didn't think that would be a popular position - anyone else planning on horizontal?

Wouldn't take long to draw a plate up and get pictures.

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
You guys are on a roll. It's awesome to see a dedicated company coming in, I can't wait to see what else you guys have in store.

PS: I think you guys deserve to upgrade your other peripherals. That keyboard is not a pretty sight!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
You guys are on a roll. It's awesome to see a dedicated company coming in, I can't wait to see what else you guys have in store.

PS: I think you guys deserve to upgrade your other peripherals. That keyboard is not a pretty sight!

Thanks Nug!

Future pictures will have a Norbauer Norbaforce II in them, we are keyboard peasants for now. =p

Reactions: altano and Nugget

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@KSliger can you provide a CAD breakdown with measurements? Trying to understand what the space is at the bottom of the case where the SSD is - what the dimensions are to fit a pump and res there.

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
Layout and the silver finish turned out great, but this vent pattern kills the case for me. It looks haphazard and too airflow restricitve for a 360mm rad. IMHO, such a clean case would have deserved a clean, side panel filling vent pattern.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
how's the wifi reception? wont the io cover mess with wifi signal?

It didn't impact the testing I did all that much. It's about as much of a performance hit as your antenna being on the opposite side of your case from the AP. The case wouldn't pass any sort of emissions testing at all either, and neither will 99% of cases on the market today, so I wouldn't worry about any impedance or noteworthy wireless performance degradation.

Worth noting the last three motherboards I have purchased all came with antennas that were on long extension cables, one was magnetic, so the fixed style is probably not something you'd get with a new motherboard.

Huge congrats on putting the SV590 up for pre-order. I've never been this excited for a case!

Any news or updates on EU Distribution?

We have to wait for CE cert, so I will be sending one to Density.sk to forward along to get tested along with Console and Conswole.

Might be late December by time we are able to list in EU via Density. Will try to improve that but for now I can only do direct sales to EU.

Layout and the silver finish turned out great, but this vent pattern kills the case for me. It looks haphazard and too airflow restricitve for a 360mm rad. IMHO, such a clean case would have deserved a clean, side panel filling vent pattern.

While I can understand it looks restrictive it's is the proper open area calculated to be able to dissipate a >800W heat load. Will leave it up to reviewers and users to post their results for that.

While "haphazard" is totally the wrong term given it's designed correctly in terms of open area, saying it might not be aesthetically appealing to everyone is totally understandable.

I drew it with this pattern because long linear vertical cuts draw attention to the vertical height of the case, and irregularities in spacing create blank areas in the panels to bring out the textures of the finish. I also did not want to go with the standard "circles in a rectangular pattern" that is on every other SFF case out there right now (M1, Ghost, A4, Velka, Cerberus, Lone, Steck, Ophion, etc.) because it isn't proportionate to the style of the case body. It'd be like a modern skyscraper with round submarine windows on it, it would be hilariously ugly.

Plus I'd rather take a risk on something new even if it means some lost sales.

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
I drew it with this pattern because long linear vertical cuts draw attention to the vertical height of the case, and irregularities in spacing create blank areas in the panels to bring out the textures of the finish. I also did not want to go with the standard "circles in a rectangular pattern" that is on every other SFF case out there right now (M1, Ghost, A4, Velka, Cerberus, Lone, Steck, Ophion, etc.) because it isn't proportionate to the style of the case body. It'd be like a modern skyscraper with round submarine windows on it, it would be hilariously ugly.

Plus I'd rather take a risk on something new even if it means some lost sales.

Maybe you could offer extra uniform side panels for an added cost?

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Actually, I really like the unique design of the side panels. Ordered a case last night in Matte Metallic. Can't wait for it to arrive before Christmas and start my build. I will be using a Ryzen 2700X water cooled with a Radeon RX5700. I think I can keep it cool, time will tell.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Letting everyone here know as well we are hosting a case giveaway on Instagram (because it's easy on Instagram)

Winner can pick a SV590, or if you know about the SV540 and win I'll get you one of the first prototypes of it! (that is to production quality!)

Last edited:

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018

I was trying to wait for the case but thought it would be wise to test the equipment prior to the arrival of the case. How about that cable management ! Thermals aren't to bad either ! The SV590 in Gunmetal Matte most definitely will improve the aesthetic appeal.

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019

I was trying to wait for the case but thought it would be wise to test the equipment prior to the arrival of the case. How about that cable management ! Thermals aren't to bad either !
All you need is a custom Demcifilter and you're golden!

The rust finish would go awesome with the color/grain of your desk. But you can't go wrong with any of the three options, they all look fantastic.

Last edited:

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Design change is keeping it the same size, but the center spine will have 3 positions

55mm CPU cooler + 3-slot GPU

65mm CPU cooler + 2.5 slot GPU

75mm CPU cooler + 2 slot GPU

This should give excellent flexibility for maximizing space use for most builds.

Will the movable center spine still be making it to the final product? want to confirm before I buy a 2.5 slot card.