Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
2 problems:
-The extra length extends towards to the front of the case, according to the renders.
-SO-DIMM riser card on the impact is 82mm high
An excellent point about the riser card....I think I'm getting a little too excited about getting this build going and over looking the obvious... lol

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
So what's the consensus with the black strip at the bottom with the base plate?

Will there be a matte black strip at the bottom regardless of body colour with a flat base or is this yet to be decided/finalized?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We are running behind, had a bunch of OEM customers that needed things rushed or for trade shows that consumed us.

Wrapped all the up and back on this. Expect updates on the SV590 starting next week. We also have a new gun metal finish I think is very cool.

SV540 unlikely to make it by end of month, but will be a December thing!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
You are really making it difficult for me. I have been planning an SM580 build for months and have just finished buying all the needed components. I really like this design as well. I must make a decision between the SV590 and SM580 soon. Are you planning to offer the gun metal finish on the SM series?

Last edited:

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
We also have a new gun metal finish I think is very cool.
Oh sure, just when I had it allll figured out, now I have to make a decision! I mean, that rust patina is just so unique and awesome looking that I find it hard to believe I could be swayed away, but I LOVE gunmetal depending on how its done. Can't wait to see it! (just kidding you btw, more options are always great!)

As far as the delay, I think most everyone on this kind of forum knows that we are watching you work at the very leading edge of a product design, delays happen way more often than they don't. The fact that you are getting exposure from your OEM's at this show is only a good thing for your business, so congrats on being able to hook up the partners on a time crunch. Besides, this case is ganna be worth the wait!

Reactions: youngdocument

kTannenberg

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 17, 2019
@KSliger, is there any information on when SV590 will be available in EU (relative to USA)?

Also did I understand correctly that white and black versions are using steel panels, while rusty one is made of aluminium?

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
Also did I understand correctly that white and black versions are using steel panels, while rusty one is made of aluminium?
All versions will be steel. Originally it was aluminum for the black/white and steel for the rust, but on pg.10 he notes that they had a lot of trouble cutting the vents cleanly in the aluminum so they changed to steel.

Reactions: kTannenberg

shadowfear

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2018
www.density.sk
@KSliger, is there any information on when SV590 will be available in EU (relative to USA)?

Hey there,

once it is released, we will work with SLIGER DESIGNS to get it into EU as well.

Regards
Michal

kTannenberg

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 17, 2019
Hey there,

once it is released, we will work with SLIGER DESIGNS to get it into EU as well.

Regards
Michal
Great, I'm really hesitating on unleasing my Dremel on Ophion Evo to fit 2x240+120 in there plus additional fans or waiting for SV590 to be available in UK without horrendous import and shopping tax.