Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
Prototypes for both these cases will be ready this week. Will make any notes / changes and start sending reviews / getting pre-order up next week.

I might be too late in the request, but it there any possible way you can add approx.1.5mm clearance inside for the 360 radiator/fans? I ask because I see you currently have 66.98mm, and EK's Phoenix 360 (and Phoenix 280) is 68mm thick including the shroud around the fans/rad, which is probably thee nicest/most powerful expandable AIO that you can get. Using one of those would be a tremendous help, as it would eliminate the external pump/res, saving a lot of space and ease of install. Already fits perfectly length/height-wise. If this is possible, can you also tell me considering material thickness if the inside dimension of the frame would allow 143mm clearance for the rad? (this is the width of the Phoenix 280) I see in the picture it shows 149mm outside dimension, so assumed 143mm would fit the inside clearance.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Bad news: dropping support for the matte sliver anodize / Macbook Finish option, quality issues galore.

Only options will be a new matte black, our current matte white, and the rust patina.

Good news: price is slightly cheaper! SV590 should be $249 in black, $259 in white, or $299 in rust.

I might be too late in the request, but it there any possible way you can add approx.1.5mm clearance inside for the 360 radiator/fans? I ask because I see you currently have 66.98mm, and EK's Phoenix 360 (and Phoenix 280) is 68mm thick including the shroud around the fans/rad, which is probably thee nicest/most powerful expandable AIO that you can get. Using one of those would be a tremendous help, as it would eliminate the external pump/res, saving a lot of space and ease of install. Already fits perfectly length/height-wise. If this is possible, can you also tell me considering material thickness if the inside dimension of the frame would allow 143mm clearance for the rad? (this is the width of the Phoenix 280) I see in the picture it shows 149mm outside dimension, so assumed 143mm would fit the inside clearance.

Do you have someone who can measure that radiator? Might be not as thick as their specs say, they could be measuring to high points or something.

Will be a real PITA to change almost ever part of the case at this point to fit this. Would be better to go custom loop.

I was looking at upgrading to a 2080 SUPER and everything but 1 card was 50-60mm in width. The EVGA Black was the only proper 2 slot. More specifically the STRIX, Gaming X Trio, EVGA XC Ultra.

Looping back on this there is currently support for 2.25 slot GPUs.

I could bump this up to 3-slot if there really is a limiting factor on GPU selection for a lot of people.

johnnythreehats

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 8, 2019
Bad news: dropping support for the matte sliver anodize / Macbook Finish option, quality issues galore.

Only options will be a new matte black, our current matte white, and the rust patina.

Good news: price is slightly cheaper! SV590 should be $249 in black, $259 in white, or $299 in rust.

Do you have someone who can measure that radiator? Might be not as thick as their specs say, they could be measuring to high points or something.

Will be a real PITA to change almost ever part of the case at this point to fit this. Would be better to go custom loop.

Looping back on this there is currently support for 2.25 slot GPUs.

I could bump this up to 3-slot if there really is a limiting factor on GPU selection for a lot of people.
Just wondering whether the SV590 will be available via Density Labs, and if so, when? Many thanks for your work again, looking forward to ordering the case!

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019

No problem at all, I understand. The case is happening for me no matter what, I'll build the cooling around its dimensional limits. Is there any possibility of posting a screenshot of your model with the mock parts in it that is looking perpendicular to the GPU and the motherboard side of the case? I cant quite tell from the isometric views what parts are driving the 66.9mm clearance limit (i.e. if it is full length of the case or is being driven by the edge of the GPU or motherboard, or perhaps a bracket that i'm not seeing). I have a couple ideas for cooling with the EK aio being one of them, but wanted to get a better idea of the insides before buying the parts.

Thanks again, can't wait to start building!

Reactions: Kruger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Does this mean the alluminium is coverd with some kind of paint or just anodized like silver but darker?

I just can't get this pattern to cut into aluminum reliably, leaves burrs / marks when punched and is difficult to fabricate via laser cut.

Will instead be heavy gauge steel panels, which also helps drop the price and make magnetic filters possible on inside of case.

Reactions: Sashby

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
@KSliger Super keen on the Rust model just because no-one has ever done that and it would look almost sculptral - is the case roughly the same size as a Phanteks Shift but ever so slightly smaller?

I'm guessing this is something you won't be able to know for certain until you have the final box and shipping dimensions, but do you happen to have any educated guesses on what shipping cost would be to Australia?

Reactions: Sashby

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
From the dimension I think it's slightly smaller than Shift
SV590: 154mm X 472mm X 247mm
Shift: 170 mm x 470 mm x 274 mm
Yeah I believe it's a tad over 2L, but sometimes that can be difficult to gauge in real world proportions.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
From the dimension I think it's slightly smaller than Shift
SV590: 154mm X 472mm X 247mm
Shift: 170 mm x 470 mm x 274 mm
FYI Phanteks Shift: Height including feet is 484mm
No one removes the feet so:
SV590154mm472mm247mm(WxHxL)
Shift170mm484mm274mm(WxHxL)

Reactions: Tazpr

Kruger

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
@KSliger If I wanted to prep and order custom cables from @pslate for the SV590, what length & bend cables should I order? Trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Looking forward to the preorder! Thanks for all the continued hard work!

emo.83

Cable Smoosher
Oct 26, 2019
Is there enough clearance for something like the Swiftech Drive X3 with the integrated res on the 590? I can't quite tell from the images of the case.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Teaser of the new matte black SV finish!

I'm very curious to hear more about the 510. Did anything get posted that I've missed?

I missed it too.

SV510 will probably happen next year.

SV540 will bump up slightly to add 3-slot GPU support, this change will make the 2-slot SV510 make more sense.