Sup guys

The Dude

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 25, 2016
Welcome to the forum! It's much more fun when you can participate :)
Thanks. But now I have a problem. Suddenly my old trustworthy HAF XB EVO doesn't look as sexy as it looked two months ago and I have all those crazy ideas about how my next PC should look like.
Also, I like this forum looks, both engine and color theme. Not your typical phpBB blue.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hi and welcome ! HAF XB is a nice concept but rather huge. If you are looking for something totally different or exactly the same, this is a good starting point !

The Dude

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 25, 2016
Hi and welcome ! HAF XB is a nice concept but rather huge. If you are looking for something totally different or exactly the same, this is a good starting point !
I'm still impressed by its build quality (heck, my friend used his as a chair), but after learning about M1 and Cerberus I now see a lot of wasted space on a desk.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Welcome to the forum, Dude! The HAF XB Evo is an excellent case and you could just shrink the design for your next case or borrow some of its best features for your new case. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

The Dude

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 25, 2016
Welcome to the forum, Dude! The HAF XB Evo is an excellent case and you could just shrink the design for your next case or borrow some of its best features for your new case. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.
Thanks. I'm currently trying to learn basics about sheet metal forming and HAF really helps to understand how different metal thickness feels in hand. As for the design, I'm still undecided whether I should pursue dual chamber HAF/Air 240 form or more traditional one like Cerberus. Probably should start learning CAD next and sketch both for comparison.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
You could start by learning FreeCAD or SketchUp. FreeCAD has an excellent sheet metal workbench for it.