Log Streacom FC5 Ryzen Compatible Motherboard?

strocky

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 14, 2021
Purchased a Streacom FC5 evo c/w ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard around 4 years ago but decided to upgrade to something a tad more current

However didn't do my homework when I purchased my MSI A320M-PRO MAX / 3200G CPU as the CPU positioning on the new MB doesn't match the existing heating pipe setup

Are there any Ryzen boards out there that match the Z77 board configuration?

I do also have a 2nd hand Tomahawk MSI B450 TOMAHAWK (Gen 1) if that could be used?

Streacom HTPC & dimensions shown below

strocky

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jan 14, 2021
Did contact the manufacturer and got this reply (not great news)

Thanks for getting in touch regarding upgrading your FC5, will do my best to help. I have taken a look at the forum link you provided, from the picture it looks like you have the original FC5 (v1) not the updated Evo (v2) which is the main issue because we don't have any CPU mounting hardware revisions that support that.

With Evo and Alpha (the current version) we changed to using flat heat pipes which means the current CPU mount cant be used with your existing cooling hardware. Even if we supply the new heat pipes and heat sink mounts (in other words, all the cooling parts) the holes to attach to the heat sink (side panel) won't align.

Everything you have there can still function, the problem is how to secure it to the CPU, so it really depends if you are able to fabricate or mod something to replace the existing mounting arms.